No announcement yet.

Coronavirus Safety Protocol - please read and discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, that went about how I thought it would. The "I'm-sick-of-this-virus-thing-so-f-it" method doesn't seem to work to well.

Has anyone asked the virus when this will end?
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Clearly you aren't ready for rational discussion, Future.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
        Has anyone asked the virus when this will end?
        That is quality sarcasm.

"I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
          Clearly you aren't ready for rational discussion, Future.
          Obviously. I'll check back after I get done leading the protests to an end
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Michigan no longer ‘on track to contain COVID,’ data shows

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...1r2lyM78NJcS5w
            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Aw man

Comment

• South Carolina governor warns of no football in his state this year

Posted by Mike Florio on July 2, 2020, 7:54 PM EDT

Getty Images

If Clemson and the University of South Carolina will be practicing and playing football this year, those schools may be practicing and playing in a state other than South Carolina.

Via MyrtleBeachOnline.com, South Carolina governor Henry McMaster has made it clear that he won’t lift his prohibition on spectator sports if things don’t change when it comes to the pandemic.

I will not remove those restrictions,” McMaster said. “I cannot lift those restrictions, if these numbers continue to rise and the danger persists. I can’t do it. I won’t do it. This fall will not be like other falls. We will not be able to have college football. We will not be able to have high school football.”

McMaster separately issued a clear directive to all South Carolinians regarding the things they need to do: “Let me make it very clear. Wear a mask and social distance now so we can enjoy high school and college football in South Carolina this fall.”

South Carolina has become a hotbed of the virus, with people visiting South Carolina from other states and bringing it back to their own states, like my state of West Virginia. Where cases are rising and where people refuse to wear masks because mask-wearing became a political issue and it’s virtually impossible at this point to make it not a political issue.

It never should have been a political issue. It’s no longer a political issue. Wear a mask when in public, if you want to watch football this year.

Comment

• Dr. Anthony Fauci: “Disturbing resurgence” puts pandemic “completely in flux”

Posted by Mike Florio on July 2, 2020, 2:13 PM EDT

Getty Images

It wasn’t supposed to be this way as the Fourth of July approached. The new cases of COVID-19 registered on July 1 wasn’t supposed to set a new single-day record. Numbers weren’t supposed to be skyrocketing as temperatures increased.

But it has happened, and Dr. Anthony Fauci recognized during a Thursday appearance on SiriusXM NFL Radio that this “disturbing resurgence” of the virus has made it a “moving target” as football season approaches.

He pointed to the current explosion of cases in California, Arizona, Texas, and Florida, and he added that other cities and states are demonstrating a resurgence. If things were stable (as many had expected them to be), it would be easier to have confidence regarding football season. Given the resurgence, everything is in a “state of flux” now.

And it’s just the beginning. Dr. Fauci has “great concern” regarding the behavior of the virus in the fall and winter months, as the “confluence” of COVID-19 and influenza cases occurs.

He emphasized a point that can’t be emphasized enough: Wear a mask. Wear a mask. Wear a mask.

The politicization of that issue has begun to subside, in part because anti-mask politicians have begun to realize it’s not a sustainable issue. The more that people wear masks, the less that the virus will spread, and the greater the chance that football will start — and finish.

So will either happen?

“I really cannot make any type of prediction,” Dr. Fauci said. “It’s completely in flux.”

Indeed it is. Hopefully, we won’t get fluxed out of a football season.

Comment

• It’s really strange how political the mask issue is in the US. In the UK they aren’t widely used and it just isn’t a political talking point.

Comment

• Pubs open tomorrow in England, TLL? You heading out for a few pints? Some pubs opening at 6am in Newcastle ------> I know a few people who are heading down there from Edinburgh for opening time.

I'll rephrase that; I know a few morons who are .......
                      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Masks compulsory from 10th July in ALL shops that are open here in Scotland. Wee Nicky has issued a warnin' "tae aw the cunts oot there!"

Comment

• Quandre Diggs: American “cockiness” led to spread of COVID-19

Posted by Darin Gantt on July 6, 2020, 6:08 AM EDT

Getty Images

Seahawks safety Quandre Diggs is worried about his home state, and he’s worried that one particular character flaw has led to the spread of COVID-19 as much as anything.

Diggs has been wary of Texas opening too quickly after the initial wave, and he thinks that any unwillingness on the part of his fellow citizens to wear face coverings is compounding the problem.

“As a country, as a whole, I feel like we’re just a cocky country that feels like we’re invincible, but we have the most cases in the world,” Diggs said, via SI.com. “At some point, we need to take that cockiness down, and I think we need to get humbled a little bit and let people know that, ‘Hey, continue to wear your mask.’ I feel like the mask mandate should have been in effect the whole time. If you were going to open up stuff, at least make the mask mandated when people are going to have to go out so you can’t spread it. But when you make it a choice, then you give people the choice not to wear it, then of course the choice is going to be like, “Oh, I forgot my mask at home, but I don’t need it.” It’s just one of those things. . . .

“It’s cockiness. It’s the absolute cockiness of America, of Americans, to think, ‘I don’t need a mask.’ I don’t understand it, there’s nobody taking away your freedom, you’re still able to go walk a street, you’re still able to go into the store — just put a freaking mask on, it’s not that serious.”

Diggs has been openly critical of Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, who was quick to want to get back to business, and now presides over one of the country’s hotspots for new infections. Last week, Abbott relented and issued a statewide mask mandate. But beyond anger at one politician, Diggs thinks it’s a particular character trait of the country at the root of the problem.

“My thing is, it’s about protecting others, and as a nation, we’re so self-[concerned],” he said. “We’re so cocky, and we’re so worried about ourselves and not worried about others and that’s kind of what got us in this predicament that we’re in now, with corona, with social justice, with the police brutality. We have one race worried about themselves instead of everybody just caring about each other. We do our own thing, and that’s kind of what got us into this predicament now.”

That, however, is a problem that no amount of masking and hand-washing and social distancing will be able to fix.

Comment

• covidpolitics.png

https://www.axios.com/axios-ipsos-po...VZNjan3YBamTGQ

#birdsarentreal

Comment

• I continue to be astounded how a PANDEMIC has become a political issue.

Comment

• Got a few relatives in Melbourne, Australia. Seems that a new very much more strict Lockdown has been announced for another 6 weeks due to “uncontrollable” spike in covid19 cases.
                                No doubt made news in your area.

Few pubs in england locked down again after new cases over the past weekend.

Serious question. Are we underestimating this virus? Is it, or is it not, an absolute bastard?

Comment

Working...
                                X