No announcement yet.

Coronavirus Safety Protocol - please read and discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started ubering it today, ha. My consultant gig did not leave me eligible for unemployment much to my chagrin. Today I had to pick up a guy at an assembly plant where I worked the command center for IT operations on Y2K.

Comment

Originally posted by DanO View Post
      HUGE OVER REACTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Better safe than sorry. I'm very concerned to hear it's come to west Michigan. My wife is sickly enough and it's to the point that I can't leave her by herself at all... last thing I need is the added stress!

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
        Ya, the part-time jobs are there, but not the full time gigs with benefits. I see it all the time.

Your Uber driver isn't considered "unemployed," but they live paycheck to paycheck WITHOUT benefits. The friggin list goes on and on. This is crippling the economy.

BTW, good luck on your search, Froot.
        You are only considered unemployed if you actually filed for and are receiving unemployment benefits. That is why the unemployment numbers stay relatively low.

Comment

Froot, hopefully that person wasn't coughing in your car from the assembly plant. Is Uber going to pay for your Corona test if you show traits?

BTW, the problem with this virus is mainly 3 things.

1. No vaccine.

2. High rate/chance of exposure.

3. Much higher death rate than the flu.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
            Froot, hopefully that person wasn't coughing in your car from the assembly plant. Is Uber going to pay for your Corona test if you show traits?

BTW, the problem with this virus is mainly 3 things.

1. No vaccine.

2. High rate/chance of exposure.

3. Much higher death rate than the flu.
            There is no vaccine for the flu - it takes it's course. People with good immune systems fight it off, elderly and those with compromised immune systems struggle.
            There is no difference in chance of exposure to the flu. It is the flu, just a different strain.
            Slightly, people just don't realize how many people die from the flu each year because it's a common word/thing.

There is only ONE thing regarding this virus I'm concerned about - and that is will the warming of the weather stem it's spread or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

Frequently drink water and don't touch your face with your hands unless you've just cleaned them,
              Unfortunately you can get it thru the air tho
              WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

Nobody really knows if you can catch this multiple times. Even if you do recover from the first bout, they really don't know if you build an immunity.If you reinfect it may be worse. Just not enough known yet.

It's just going to have to run it's course. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Stay safe.I have already seen people starting to panic today.

Comment

It's not the fucking flu. Jesus Christ quit that shit.

And it is not an overreaction. Hell, it is a reaction two weeks too late (at least)

Hopefully all of the precautions will keep it manageable and six months from now the people that think that we overreacted can claim that they were right.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Whenever there is an emerging pandemic... you simply have to be well ahead of it. These things can go from a handful of cases to thousands in a week, and balloon exponentially from there.

The problem is that we started far too behind the curve, to the point where we actually don't have a very good idea just how far its spread or how many people have been exposed. And that could be disastrous if the 3% mortality rate holds. A 3% mortality rate killed 50 million people worldwide in 1918, and the population wasn't nearly as high as it is today.

Will it? Probably not; provided response and treatment can keep up. But right now, thanks to how slowly this country trudged out of the gate, there's far too strong of a possibility it will get worse.

Comment

Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                        Whenever there is an emerging pandemic... you simply have to be well ahead of it. These things can go from a handful of cases to thousands in a week, and balloon exponentially from there.

The problem is that we started far too behind the curve, to the point where we actually don't have a very good idea just how far its spread or how many people have been exposed. And that could be disastrous if the 3% mortality rate holds. A 3% mortality rate killed 50 million people worldwide in 1918, and the population wasn't nearly as high as it is today.

Will it? Probably not; provided response and treatment can keep up. But right now, thanks to how slowly this country trudged out of the gate, there's far too strong of a possibility it will get worse.
                        You CAN'T be proactive - whether Democrat, Republican or other 3rd Party. The ONLY way to be proactive is to essentially take a Bowie knife to your carotid artery and shut down the very life blood of your nations economy - air travel. If this was a Communist society - then yeah, but it isn't. Sure, you might could do that AFTER the fact (i.e. 9/11), but doing it before? Lol.

Comment

This guy has shown true leadership. Too bad he wasn't in charge of the entire nation.

Comment

Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                            This guy has shown true leadership. Too bad he wasn't in charge of the entire nation.

https://www.newsweek.com/washington-...nHGCRHYj3lOgTM
                            Dude, you realize the first case in his state was nearly 2 MONTHS ago?

Comment

1918 had governments all around the world refusing to recognize the outbreak and jailing newsmen who tried to report it. It also killed young adults who were healthy.

If the standard flu hit all at once we would be fubared as well, but it is strung out and we have flu shots.

Comment

We are what? 3 months in (during the normal flu season) and have what? Barely 5,000 deaths worldwide?
                                This compared to the normal flu is a nothing burger (we have nearly 10,000 deaths a year from the flu just in the U.S.). It becomes significant if the humidity and temperature doesn't do it's normal thing to viruses though.

I mean lets put this into perspective here. If you told me that 4 months ago China (home of over 1 billion people) would host a virus of pandemic proportions I'd certainly be expecting more than 5,000 people dying. Especially considering the U.S. and other European countries didn't shut down any of their major airports to prevent the spread.

Comment

Working...
                                X