Coronavirus Safety Protocol - please read and discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COLE WICKTE, NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
    Saints TE Cole Wick is opting out of the 2020 season because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Unable to crack a 53-man roster last season, Wick will now collect a $150,000 stipend. Going on 27, Wick will be a long shot to revive his career in 2021.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
    Jul 28, 2020, 11:26 AM
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• EDDIE GOLDMANDL, CHICAGO BEARS
      Bears DT Eddie Goldman has opted out of the 2020 season due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Per NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the move is due to "health concerns," so perhaps Goldman will receive the "high risk" stipend of $350,000 instead of the standard $150,000. Players are not eligible for the $350,000 if the higher risk belongs to a family member. Goldman's guaranteed $4.75 million salary now tolls to the 2021 campaign. The No. 39 overall pick of the 2015 draft, Goldman seemed to break out in 2018, but he returned to being a league-average player in 2019. It's still a huge loss from a snaps perspective, especially against the run.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
      Jul 28, 2020, 10:51 AM
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• EDDIE VANDERDOESDL, HOUSTON TEXANS
        Texans DL Eddie Vanderdoes has opted out of the 2020 NFL season.

Vanderdoes played three games with the Texans last year after starting 13 games for the Raiders in 2017. He didn't play in 2018. He was expected to be part of Houston's defensive line rotation this season. Vanderdoes will collect the $150,000 stipend designated for players who opt out for non-injury reasons.

SOURCE: Ian Rapaport
        Jul 28, 2020, 10:45 AM

Comment

• KYLE PEKODL, DENVER BRONCOS
          Broncos NT Kyle Peko has opted out of the 2020 season.

Mostly with the Broncos since 2016, Peko also had a 2019 cup of coffee with the Bills. Peko can now collect a $150,000 stipend while his $825,000 contract tolls to 2020. The opt outs make more sense for end-of-roster players without guaranteed money, but it is still far from a golden ticket because of the effect it will have on their careers. A year without film is a bad year for a reserve. It goes without saying that their health comes first, of course.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
          Jul 28, 2020, 9:47 AM

Comment

• BRANDON BOLDENRB, NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
            Patriots RB Brandon Bolden has opted out of the 2020 season.

It's a surprising decision, but there will be a lot of those in the coming days. A longtime reserve and special teamer, Bolden will collect a $150,000 stipend as his $1 million salary tolls to 2021. Aside from a 2017 vacation in Miami, Bolden has been with the Pats since 2012.

SOURCE: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com
            Jul 28, 2020, 9:42 AM

Comment

• ANDRE SMITHT, BALTIMORE RAVENS
              Ravens OT Andre Smith has opted out of the 2020 season.

Now 33-year-old Smith was not a starter, but he was in the mix at swing tackle. The Ravens have plenty of depth on the interior, but not the outside. Smith made six appearances and five starts for the Bengals last season before landing in Baltimore at the end of the year. His departure is a nuisance but not a crushing blow. The Ravens can find another experienced tackle on the open market.

SOURCE: Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter
              Jul 28, 2020, 9:29 AM

Comment

• Summary:

2020 NFL Opt Out Tracker

July 28th, 2020 at 4:58pm CST by Zach Links

Per an agreement between the NFL and the NFLPA, players with COVID-19 health concerns have until August 4 to formally opt out of the 2020 season. Last week, Chiefs guard and medical school graduate Laurent Duvernay-Tardif became the first player to officially opt out. This week, scores of players followed.

Here’s the rundown, so far:

Baltimore Ravens
                Buffalo Bills
                Carolina Panthers
                Chicago Bears
                Dallas Cowboys
                Denver Broncos
                Green Bay Packers
                Houston Texans
                Kansas City Chiefs
                Minnesota Vikings
                New England Patriots
                New Orleans Saints
                New York Jets
                • OL Leo Koloamatangi

Philadelphia Eagles
                Seattle Seahawks
                Tennessee Titans
                • OL Anthony McKinney

Washington Football Team
                Free agents

Comment

• Who is your guess for the first Lion? Stafford? He's got plenty of money, at risk wife and youngins.

Comment

• Stafford was leading get together workouts despite the league and the CDC telling him not to. The amount of fucks he gives seems nil.

Comment

• You are right there, but I'm a glass half empty fan and that would be about the worst kick in the balls in a long line of Detroit Lion ball kicks.

Comment

• Yeah that does sound like something that would happen to the Lions lol.

I hope things turn around quickly. Seeing what's happening in MLB makes it seem like we just can't have sports until this thing is better contained.
                        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I had to get an MRI today. I booked it at Henry Ford's Pistons facility in Detroit. Brand new place, it was very nice. They had a signed Hockenson jersey outside of the MRI room, which I found both sad and amusing...

Anyway, bringing this back on topic..

They are screening patients as they arrive by asking if you've had any symptoms and then taking your temperature. Perfect! In theory, anyway.

The reception guy held the thermometer up to me and motioned for me to move my mask off my face. I said, "Seriously? You don't have a touchless thermometer?" He says, "I wish!"

I was completely stunned that a healthcare facility was having patients remove their mask so their reception person could place a thermometer into the patients' mouths! WTF?! How are they not using a touchless thermometer? Number 1, removing the mask in that setting seems risky and number 2, this poor reception person is now holding thermometers to peoples mouths all day? Just wow.

My friend who works for Henry Ford says she knows other locations are using touchless during screenings and was surprised this one wasn't.

So that's the way I'm going out I guess lol...

Anyway, I also had a bit of a panic attack during the MRI but eventually got through it. Ugh. The fabric mask I wore (instead of the usual mask I have that has a metal nosepiece) combined with the earplugs, and the claustrophobia of being in that MRI tube just got to me I think. Once they switched me to a paper mask they give to patients, I was good and able to get through it.

The care I received there was really top notch, hopefully they get this thermometer thing worked out.

#birdsarentreal

Comment

• Do masks really work?

#birdsarentreal

Comment

• I gave blood Sunday and they do a covid antibody test. It came back negative.
                              Last edited by CGVT; July 29, 2020, 04:46 PM.
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Nate Solder and Damien Williams opt out.

It’s a long time until 8/4 (last opt out day.)

Comment

Working...
                                X