Coronavirus Safety Protocol - please read and discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LUCAS NIANGT, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

Chiefs third-round OT Lucas Niang has opted out of the 2020 season.

Viewed as a potential replacement for Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, Niang (6’6/315) will instead join the latter in voluntarily stepping away. He'll return fresh in 2021 following hip surgery that kept him out of the Horned Frogs' final five games of 2019, as well as the 2020 Senior Bowl and entire draft process. Veteran Mike Remmers and second-year OL Nick Allegretti remain the favorites to step in for LDT.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
    Aug 6, 2020, 9:46 AM
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• SAM BEALDB, NEW YORK GIANTS

Giants CB Sam Beal opted out of the 2020 season.

Beal will receive the NFLPA agreed upon salary and is ineligible to return in 2020. Beal spent most of last season on injured reserve with a hamstring injury. He'll be competing for a final roster spot during the 2021 offseason when he returns.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
      Aug 5, 2020, 4:54 PM
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• MARVELL TELLDB, INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Colts S Marvell Tell opted out of the 2020 season.

He joins teammate S Rolan Milligan, dinging the Colts' depth on the back end. Tell appeared in 13 games last season as a core special teams player. He was a fifth-round pick in 2019.

Aug 5, 2020, 12:11 PM

Comment

• ROLAN MILLIGANDB, INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Colts S Rolan Milligan opted out of the 2020 season.

Turning 26 this month, Milligan appeared in 11 games last season as a core special teams player. Teammate S Marvell Tell is also opting out of the season.

Aug 5, 2020, 12:08 P

Comment

• ALBERT WILSONWR, MIAMI DOLPHINS

Dolphins WR Albert Wilson opted out of the 2020 season.

He joins teammate and fellow wideout Allen Hurns on the Dolphins' list of opt-outs. Wilson cites putting his family first amidst COVID-19. Wilson had a tough 2019, posting a career-low 8.2 yards per catch on a receiving line of 43-351-1 across 13 games. He's had two mostly forgettable years in Miami after leaving the Chiefs. After the losses of Hurns and Wilson, the Dolphins' wideout depth has been totally depleted, leaving Jakeem Grant and Isaiah Ford as the Nos. 3 and 4 wideouts behind DeVante Parker and Preston Williams.

Aug 5, 2020, 11:16 AM

Comment

• TRAVIS BENJAMINWR, SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

49ers WR Travis Benjamin has opted out of the 2020 season.

Benjamin spent most of 2019 on IR with a quad injury and didn't see the field much even when healthy. He finished the year with just six catches for 30 yards. His overall production has declined in every year since 2015. Benjamin was unlikely to play a major role for San Francisco but Richie James (wrist) and Deebo Samuel (foot surgery) are both looking questionable for Week 1. Add in Benjamin's decision to opt out and the wide receiver room in San Francisco is becoming increasingly vacant. The team could look to add a veteran in the coming days.

SOURCE: Jeremy Fowler on Twitter
              Aug 4, 2020, 10:40 PM

Comment

• COLBY GOSSETTG, CLEVELAND BROWNS

Browns OG Colby Gossett has opted out of the 2020 season.

Gossett recorded four starts with the Cardinals in 2018 but hasn't seen any action since. He was on New England's practice squad for a week in 2019. Gossett was unlikely to make the final roster in Cleveland but could have given some extra depth to the team's interior offensive line. Pelissero reports that Gossett qualifies for the high-risk stipend.

Aug 4, 2020, 9:41 PM

Comment

• SKAI MOORELB, INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Colts LB Skai Moore has opted out of the 2020 season.

Moore has only appeared in 10 games over the previous two seasons, notching one start. He recorded just four tackles in 2018 and none in his only appearance of 2019. Moore was a long-shot to make the team as a special teams contributor.

SOURCE: Joel A. Erickson on Twitter
                  Aug 4, 2020, 6:03 PM

Comment

• MARCUS GILBERTT, ARIZONA CARDINALS

Cardinals OT Marcus Gilbert has opted out of the 2020 season.

Gilbert was already on the active/NFI list with an "illness," though coach Kliff Kingsbury had deemed Gilbert's absence an "extended physical." It's unclear if his illness was COVID-19. Gilbert was in the running for right tackle duties, though he was a complete wild card after missing all of 2019 with a torn ACL. There is now immense pressure on third-round rookie Josh Jones to nail down starting duties opposite LT D.J. Humphries. Justin Murray is Plan B. Now 32, the odds are beginning to look long Gilbert will ever play another NFL snap.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
                    Aug 4, 2020, 3:54 PM

Comment

• ALLEN HURNSWR, MIAMI DOLPHINS

Dolphins WR Allen Hurns has opted out of the 2020 season.

Hurns' family has a baby on the way. Going on 29, Hurns was looking like the Dolphins' No. 4 receiver after he signed a two-year, $8 million extension last November. It's not a huge loss, but it puts more pressure on Preston Williams to come back strong from his torn ACL. Isaiah Ford, Jakeem Grant and Mack Hollins are the next men up. Hurns' 32/416/2 last season a big success in the context of his devastating 2018-19 playoff injury with the Cowboys. Every player needs to do what is best for their family, but a year out of the league will not help Hurns' 53-man roster odds in 2021.

SOURCE: James Palmer on Twitter
                      Aug 4, 2020, 3:27 PM

Comment

• MALCOLM PRIDGEONG, CLEVELAND BROWNS

Browns G Malcolm Pridgeon has opted out of the 2020 NFL season.

The second-year pro is the fourth O-lineman (and fifth player) to opt out for the Browns. He was not expected to land on Cleveland's active roster.

SOURCE: Mary Kay Cabot on Twitter
                        Aug 6, 2020, 1:54 PM

Comment

• RASHAAN MELVINDB, JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

Jaguars CB Rashaan Melvin has opted out of the 2020 NFL season.

Melvin made 12 starts for the Lions as an every-down player last year, signing a one-year, $2.25 million contract with Jacksonville in free agency. He was expected to compete behind D.J. Hayden and first-round rookie C.J. Henderson as the team's nickel corner. That role will now likely fall to either Tre Herndon or Parry Nickerson.

SOURCE: Jacksonville Jaguars on Twitter
                          Aug 6, 2020, 1:17 PM

Comment

• BRAD SEATONT, TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

Buccaneers OT Brad Seaton has opted out of the 2020 NFL season.

He'll receive the $350,000 high-risk stipend. A small-school (Villanova) prospect who has bounced around practice squads over his three-year career, Seaton was facing an uphill battle to make the Bucs' final roster.

Aug 6, 2020, 12:47 PM

He got a raise

Comment

• Tracking the NFL players deciding to opt out of the 2020 season

By Jeremy Reisman

Comment

• Final Opt out list of the 67 players who chose to.

Comment

Working...
                                X