Coronavirus Safety Protocol - please read and discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

Just my guess would be looking at leases and household size.
    Yep. I think a few are thinking that you're forced to rent out your spare room.
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by unknown lions fan View Post
      Here in my town, the morgues have all filled up and they're stacking bodies on the sidewalk.
      I read about that on the internet.
      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by unknown lions fan View Post
        Here in my town, the morgues have all filled up and they're stacking bodies on the sidewalk.
        Sad. But, you know it's just a hoax that will go away soon. Those people on the sidewalk will wake up and walk it off in no time.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Not disbelieving this. At all. Very sad.

My question is. These morgues? Are they built with property directly behind? I mean what the Fuck? Is there no back yard area of these places? Or ANY area? Is the Fucking sidewalk the ONLY place? Jaysus H.

Or are you saying that so many people are dying that there only is the sidewalk left?

Sounds horrific.
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Usually they bring in trucks with coolers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
              Not disbelieving this. At all. Very sad.

My question is. These morgues? Are they built with property directly behind? I mean what the Fuck? Is there no back yard area of these places? Or ANY area? Is the Fucking sidewalk the ONLY place? Jaysus H.

Or are you saying that so many people are dying that there only is the sidewalk left?

Sounds horrific.
              He is being sarcastic.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

He is being sarcastic.
                Really? Wow, he fooled both me and the Mrs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post

Really? Wow, he fooled both me and the Mrs.
                  Yeah, he's an anti-government guy. Michigan has imposed some COVID safefty measures that I am sure that he feels are draconian.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Here we go:

Titans, Vikings Suspend In-Person Activities Over Titans’ Positive COVID-19 Tests

Last Updated 10:23 AM, September 29, 2020 EDT – Michael David Smith
                    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Mike Tomlin: We’re preparing to play on time

Posted by Josh Alper on September 29, 2020, 6:18 PM EDT

Getty Images

The Steelers pushed head coach Mike Tomlin’s press conference back six hours on Tuesday, but he didn’t have more answers to the plans for this week than the team had when the decision to postpone was made.

The Titans had three players and five others in the organization test positive for COVID-19, which led to a closure of the team’s facility that is expected to last several days. The Steelers issued a statement after that closure saying that they had been advised by the league to prepare for Sunday’s game against the Titans as scheduled.

One option that is reportedly on the table is moving the game to Monday. In the opening statement of his press conference, Tomlin said that the team is taking it “day by day” while waiting for a final answer on the plans for the weekend.

“We don’t have a lot of definitive answers long term as to what the prognosis looks like,” Tomlin said. “We have been given a mandate to prepare as if the game is going to be played and played on time.”

Tomlin said that he’s not concerned about the prospect of going down to Nashville to play the Titans under the current circumstances and that the team is “going down there to play and win.”

Comment

• ROGER GOODELLCOM, NFL

ESPN's Dianna Russini reports Sunday’s game between the Titans and Steelers has been postponed.

The NFL is "considering all options," including moving the game to Monday or Tuesday night. The Titans had another player test positive for COVID-19, their fourth one this week. Tennessee's facility has been shut down, but the NFL is still hoping to play the game at a later date. The Titans will be tested over the next couple of days before determining the next steps.

RELATED:
                        SOURCE: ESPN
                        Sep 30, 2020, 11:10 AM

Comment

• No offense, but, all three are just JAGS. Couldn't they just go on without them?

DAQUAN JONESDL, TENNESSEE TITANS

Titans placed DE DaQuan Jones, TE Tommy Hudson, and LS Beau Brinkley on the COVID-19 list.

These three players and five other Titans staff members have tested positive. The team will stay away from facilities until at least Saturday, but they need to pass COVID-19 testing before attempting to play on Sunday. The NFL is prepared to delay the Titans vs. Steelers game to Monday if another day is needed. Because the Vikings played the Titans last Sunday, they too will be away from facilities until testing clears them. It's the first major scare in the NFL.

RELATED:
                          SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
                          Sep 29, 2020, 4:58 PM

Comment

• Titans-Steelers postponed

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 30, 2020, 11:18 AM EDT

Getty Images

Sunday’s Titans-Steelers game has been postponed as a result of the multiple positive COVID-19 cases affecting the Titans, a league source tells PFT.

The Titans have shut their facility down for the week because of the positive tests, which yesterday included three players and five staff members, and today included a fourth player.

It is unclear when the game will be played. It reportedly will be postponed only a day or two until Monday or Tuesday night, but if more players test positive it could be postponed to later in the season, which would necessitate the juggling of bye weeks.

The Vikings’ game against the Texans is currently still on, as the Vikings have had no positive tests after playing against the Titans.

This is the first time the NFL season has been significantly affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. The league had been testing players daily and maintaining strict health and safety protocols, but those protocols weren’t perfect, and the outbreak within the Titans’ facility should serve as a reminder to the other 31 teams of how vigilant they need to be.

UPDATE 11:30 a.m. ET: The NFL released the following statement: “​The Steelers-Titans game, originally scheduled for Sunday at 1 p.m. ET, will be rescheduled to allow additional time for further daily COVID-19 testing and to ensure the health and safety of players, coaches and game day personnel. Details on the new game date and time on either Monday or Tuesday will be announced as soon as possible.”

Comment

• NFL reminds teams that “wearing of protective equipment is not universal”

Posted by Mike Florio on September 30, 2020, 10:56 AM EDT

Getty Images

Although the NFL apparently won’t be handing out another round of six-figure fines for non-compliance with COVID-19 protocols, the NFL has reminded its teams that more work needs to be done.

In a September 30 memo to the 32 coaches, a copy of which PFT has obtained, General Managers, team presidents, chief executives, and others, NFL executive V.P. of football operations Troy Vincent points out that the league saw “significant progress” in Week Three regarding the requirement that coaches and non-player personnel wear face coverings at all times. However, the memo notes that “wearing of protective equipment is not universal, and this lack of compliance creates unnecessary risk to game day participants.”

The memo comes at a time when the league is trying to fully and completely assess the outbreak in Tennessee, and to devise the best plan for proceeding with the Steelers-Titans game scheduled for Sunday.

“We are only through Week 3 of the season,” Vincent writes. “If we are to play and full and uninterrupted season, we all must remain committed to our efforts to mitigate the risk of transmission of the the virus. Inconsistent adherence to health and safety protocols, such as wearing face coverings and observing physical distancing requirements will put the 2020 season at risk.”

The memo also points out that selective or inconsistent compliance can impact fan confidence in the pandemic protocols, and in turn the “competitive fairness and integrity of the NFL season.” That’s a great point; the overriding goal is to get the games played. Periodic outbreaks could create situations in which the games are played under situations that aren’t as fair as they can be for both teams, especially if for example the Steelers are able to practice all week, the Titans aren’t, and they still play on Sunday.

Vincent concludes the memo by reminding teams that discipline can and will be imposed, and that beyond fines there could be suspensions of involved persons and/or the forfeiture of draft choices if game-day protocols are not properly respected.

Comment

• Yeah right Jon,

IOW, "Yeah they screwed up, I talked to them, can we play please?"

Jon Gruden says mask incident was addressed with players, feels Raiders have done good job

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on September 30, 2020, 11:32 PM EDT

Getty Images

The rash of COVID-19 cases that have spread among the Tennessee Titans and forced a postponement of this week’s game with the Pittsburgh Steelers have served to amplify the importance of the protocols the NFL has put in place to quell the spread of the virus this season.

When members of the Las Vegas Raiders attended a charity event Monday night that saw several players not wearing masks in a public space, it brought a focus on how seriously those players were adhering to the protocols.

Raiders head coach Jon Gruden was proverbially slapped by the NFL with a $100,000 fine for not adequately wearing a mask on the sidelines of the team’s game against the New Orleans Saints two weeks ago. On Wednesday, Gruden addressed the situation with his players from Monday night.

We all understand that this is a terrible, terrible virus,” Gruden said, via Paul Gutierrez of ESPN.com. “And we have to do our part. We’re all vulnerable. Unfortunately, it sounds like a few people got the virus. I just wish the best for everybody in Tennessee. And it does certainly get yourself awakened to the reality of, it can get anybody, anywhere, at any time.”

Gruden said after the Saints game that he caught the virus this summer. While many teams across the league saw players and team personnel have bouts with the virus prior to and throughout training camp, the cases among the Titans are the first significant hurdle during the regular season. The NFL and NFLPA agreed in July to parameters for fining players and team personnel that are engaging in activities away from the team that would put them at higher risk of catching the virus.

Like quarterback Derek Carr, Gruden said that he believes the Raiders have done a good job of managing the circumstances and didn’t want the focus diverted from the funds raised for tight end Darren Waller‘s charity at the event. But he did say the matter has been addressed with the team this week.

“I’ll just say this: We’ve done a good job, we’ve done an excellent job,” Gruden said. “Last night, it was addressed with our players. They walked in with their masks on, there was an event. Sometimes you go to a restaurant, take your mask off. They’re aware of their mistake.

“But we’ve done an excellent job — using our masks, taking proper care of each other and everybody. I’m really proud of our players. And by the way, that was a great cause no one’s talked about. [Waller] raised over $300,000 for a great cause. I appreciate our players being there in support of him.”

Comment

Working...
                                X