No announcement yet.

Coronavirus Safety Protocol - please read and discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have terrible allergies so my sense of smell has been shot and my ability to taste things is spotty, most.of the time I need a ton of hot sauce. My wife has anitbodies and has had the vaccine but we may have all had it when it first started but I'm not sure. I had some symptoms last February and March but that may have been from adverse reaction to antibiotics. I will be glad to get the vaccine when I'm eligible, I have to always watch for bronchitis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
      I got the first shot (Pfizer) Friday. Aside from my arm feeling weak, everything is fine so far.

I could have gotten the Johnson and Johnson one-shot vac, but it hasn't been out long enough for me. A number of people where I work got it last week and are fine.

Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
      Congrats, Future!! I got my first Pfizer shot last week, too. As recommended, I stopped taking my daily Aleve and some other supplements that help with inflammation and joint pain prior to the vaccine so I've been pretty achy. I resumed these yesterday and feel much better.

I was kind of hoping to get the J&J version - one and done is very appealing. Plus that version was tested with the newer variants. But I'm just grateful to get vaccinated so soon.

I got the J&J shot back on the 5th, due to the fact that I was in the Reserves years ago.

I still practice social distancing, I wear two masks, and do all the other safety things.

*Knock on wood
      "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
      My friend Ken L

Comment

• My brother and I think I had the virus last year in January (before there was a lot of discussion about it). I work for a hospital and was able to get the Phizer vaccination (2nd dose was in January). I felt no effects from either dose other than some slight soreness in my shoulder.

Comment

• I gave blood in July and didn't show the antibodies. I gave double red cells or some shit and had to wait 16 weeks to donate again. I donated around Nov 30 and had the antibodies then. I gave plasma once and could have donated every two weeks, but can't give plasma after getting the vaccine. I'm m going to donate blood this week. I'm curious to see if I still have the antibodies or if the vaccine killed them off...
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Don't be such a cunt.
            Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• 1d6d7005d05d55299b0584b713830772.jpg
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• CVGT, the last time I tried to give blood the questionaire had a question which disqualified me - is that question still applicable?
                Were you in Europe in the 1980's (Mad Cow disease). Of course I had to say yes - I was there pretty much the whole decade.
                No blood from you!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                  CVGT, the last time I tried to give blood the questionaire had a question which disqualified me - is that question still applicable?
                  Were you in Europe in the 1980's (Mad Cow disease). Of course I had to say yes - I was there pretty much the whole decade.
                  No blood from you!!!!
                  They still ask, but I think that they ask how long ago it was? Not sure. You might want to give the Red Cross a call to see if you are still disqualified.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                    Do you guys know the specifics on how much less likely you are to GET the virus after you've been vaccinated? I know you're way way way less likely to become severely ill, but how much less likely to actually catch the thing or test positive for it? I only bring that up because that combined with protocols are huge. For the general public things will be way more normal, but if the pro sports leagues are still testing all the time, plus quarantining, and given that there will be way more social interaction ... ya get where I'm going here?
                    My wife is a nurse at the Hospital I got my shot and she said it is 85% after the first shot.
                    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                      CVGT, the last time I tried to give blood the questionaire had a question which disqualified me - is that question still applicable?
                      No blood from you!!!!
                      And no plasma from you either!
                      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• My son Scott loves joking about the conspiracies surrounding all this..,,... I text him last night.
                        “Can’t seem to contact your sister, did she get her vaccine today and is she ok?”
                        ”She’s asleep but she’s doing ok. She can apparently now heat up a can of beans by just staring at them. All good. 👍”

"I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• And, awesome new pic , Cgvt. 👏👏👏👏👏👏
                          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• I've had both doses of the Pfizer. The first one barely effected me at all, arm was slightly sore the next day. The second one seemed to hit me the following night when I suddenly felt like crap, got a migraine (I hadn't previously even had a headache for probably a couple decades), was wicked thirsty and acting pretty loopy. I was chugging Gatorade all night long until I finally fell asleep about 3am. Woke up in the morning feeling great. Was weird.
                            AXE 'EM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

My wife is a nurse at the Hospital I got my shot and she said it is 85% after the first shot.
                              Yeah but is that 85% effective against getting (seriously) sick ... or 85% effective against catching and transmitting? I'm guessing the former. Still great, of course
                              WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• All of the vaccines so far have shown been near 100 percent in preventing it from getting serious symptoms. When they say 85 or 95 percent, the remainder of the people who still get it have mild symptoms and as far as I have read there have been zero deaths after the vaccine.

They don't have a clear cut guidance from the transmission after the vaccine but most signs point to it halting transmission as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X