No announcement yet.

Coronavirus Safety Protocol - please read and discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As of this moment, the more contagious variants (which are more contagious because a thicker lipid envelope is allowing it live longer as an aerosol in the air) still use the same spike protein to enter human cells. As such, the mRNA vaccines are still highly effective against it. If that spike protein changes, THEN we might have a long-term problem.
    Last edited by chemiclord; April 4, 2021, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
      Hey guys, don’t normally search up news on the ‘Rona because it usually reaches us anyway in some shape or form.

Was just listening to the latest AFL game live on Australia 3AW app....... whilst listening to the game (week 3 of season) decided to look to see the forthcoming games in the fixture list. For week 7, it says “games may be cancelled or rescheduled” and it says this for all games up to game 23. Week 7 corresponds with around April 23rd.
      Couldnt find any reason on the actual app.
      But then at 3 quarter time, the Oz news bulletin came on, ——->> country bracing itself for the 150% more contagious Brazilian P1 variant. WTF?? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Further search informs that a case has been found in Michigan?

Will this shit EVER go the fuck away?

For those interested...... The Melbourne Demons gubbed the Greater Western Sydney Giants in Canberra, 109-67. Decent game. 👌
      Michigan just got its first case of the Brazilian virus a couple days ago.
      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Pisses me off. When are we Americans going to get our own variant?

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
          I wound up feeling a little under the weather yesterday. Nothing too terrible. I got really cold and couldn't warm up. A hot shower took care of that. Just felt a little like I was coming down with something, but I feel really good today.

King, you still good? Future, how you doing?
          I am so far. I go in for my second shot at the hospital here tomorrow morning. At least if it hits me within 15 minutes, I'll be in the right place

But I think I will be ok. I am just anxious to get fully vaccinated. The wife is a nurse and she says you're not there until you've been fully vac for 5 weeks. So May 5th EVERYBODY'S GETTING HUGS DAMMIT!!!

Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I'd love to hear from one of our Republican forum members on this. Thoughts?

#birdsarentreal

Comment

I'd love to hear from one of our Republican forum members on this. Thoughts?

I'm taking it.
              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Glad to hear that, DanO! Are you still working your post-retirement retail gig? Hope this will give you some safety.
                #birdsarentreal

Comment

• My brother in law isn't taking it.
                  "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Glad to hear that, DanO! Are you still working your post-retirement retail gig? Hope this will give you some safety.
                    No I'm just hanging out.
                    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Nice.
                      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• My sister is independent (she absolutely hates most Dems, especially Obama and Biden) and she and her kids are not taking it. Fear of big government, the Tuskegee experiment and the Flint water poisoning. My nephew had COVID in early February and doesn't want it.

Unbelievably, Republicans and Democrats like or dislike taking the vaccine and IDK if either party is staunchly against it.

When you really think about it, we're being asked to trust the scientists, the medical professionals, the pharmaceuticals and the government. The only one I trust is the scientists. I have personally seen a lack of professionalism with the others.

I did get my second shot (Pfizer) yesterday and I was feeling loopy all day. I had hot spells and cold spells, but they weren't too severe.
                        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I totally get the reluctance in the AA community. I don't really get it otherwise, though.

Imagine Jonas Salk's polio vaccine getting this kind of reception?

#birdsarentreal

Comment

• The wife and I aren't in any rush. We both had covid a few weeks ago. It wasn't great for about 10 days but we are still on the right side of the dirt as of today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                              ...When you really think about it, we're being asked to trust the scientists, the medical professionals, the pharmaceuticals and the government. The only one I trust is the scientists. I have personally seen a lack of professionalism with the others.
                              This in a nutshell.
                              Pharmaceuticals have been allowed by the Government to pedal their drugs on the airwaves for god knows how long.
                              Lawyers have been drumming up lawsuits against these Pharmaceuticals for the previous generations worth of drugs for god knows how long.
                              The Pharmaceuticals literally look at it as the cost of doing business.
                              The Government stands idly by and does nothing - which is what Government does when companies open the checkbook to the political parties.
                              Wine and dine the politicians - you get what you are after.

Comment

I totally get the reluctance in the AA community. I don't really get it otherwise, though.

Imagine Jonas Salk's polio vaccine getting this kind of reception?

Sign of the times. No one in 200 years would imagine the Capitol being under siege by a mass group of traitors either. With everyone just eventually going home and sleeping it off.

Comment

Working...
                                X