Coronavirus Safety Protocol - please read and discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    It's hard to see an NFL season this year.
    It's easy to see an NFL season this year. By May tops this will be over. NFL players really don't start doing anything meaningful till June/July.

Comment

• It ain't going to be over in May, you are dreaming.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        It ain't going to be over in May, you are dreaming.
        Dead and buried by the end of May.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post

It's easy to see an NFL season this year. By May tops this will be over. NFL players really don't start doing anything meaningful till June/July.
          What the hell are you hitting there?

The US was way slow to act. Hospitals will be overwhelmed. Hell, if we are up and running by my birthday (7/30) I will be very happy.
          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

What the hell are you hitting there?

The US was way slow to act. Hospitals will be overwhelmed. Hell, if we are up and running by my birthday (7/30) I will be very happy.
            Meh. 650,000 people died in traffic accidents world wide - while in their cars. Another 650,000 died as pedestrians and cyclists - in a single calendar year - and that was what? 7 years ago? You can be a fear mongerer or you can put things into perspective.
            a) Is this serious? Hell yes, let me do my part.
            b) Is this something on the scale we've never seen? Hell no, we see it every day, every year of our lives.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post

Meh. 650,000 people died in traffic accidents world wide - while in their cars. Another 650,000 died as pedestrians and cyclists - in a single calendar year - and that was what? 7 years ago? You can be a fear mongerer or you can put things into perspective.
              a) Is this serious? Hell yes, let me do my part.
              b) Is this something on the scale we've never seen? Hell no, we see it every day, every year of our lives.
              This is a stupid fucking post
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• And this is why

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

This is a stupid fucking post
                  How so, the fact that we are "inconvenienced" to the point we have to spend a couple of weeks to help stem the spread of the virus is too much? When this is long gone we are still impacted 10 fold every day from things that aren't this virus. Truth. Don't mistake what I'm saying for lack of concern, it's hardly that. Simple numbers show us this is LESS than the Flu (which we as humans practically ignore anyway). CNN and the like want us to believe this is something like the Apocalypse (with their constant reporting of numbers) - it's not.
                  For fucks sake, WWII had nearly 10,000 fold the number of casualties. Put this shit into perspective.

Comment

• Dumbass

Comment

• Jesus. Ignorant bullshit still abounds.

Comment

• Right now the mortality rate from the latest numbers is 1.49% that is just out of the known cases and we are barely testing anyone.

Now, the attending physician to Congress and the Supreme Court said he expects 70-150 million Americans to get the the virus. Now not all of those are going to show symptoms of it. Let's say only 40% show any evidence of it. That would put it between 28-60 million Americans. If you assume the mortality rate holds at 1.49% that would mean between 417,200- 894,000 Americans would be dead.

For comparison the 1918 Spanish flu killed 675,000 Americans

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• The Beaumont system didn't have a patient on March 9th, they have 600 patients total and cannot take anymore and this is with Max suppression measures. But this is just like the flu. My wife is working 80 hours a week in the ICUs and they are repurposing anyone they can to take care of these awfully sick patients. It's like a war zone in the hospital, but this will be over.by May.

Who needs Imperial College.when you have Fraquar?
                          Describing the coronavirus pandemic as a "biological tsunami," Beaumont CEO said the hospital system is adding 100 new COVID-19 patients per day.

Comment

• Naw. Dead and buried by the end of May...

Comment

• Hardly, I work at one of the busiest airports in the U.S. You'd expect I'd have long been subject to this.......
                              Have we slowed down operations? Sure. And as all of you say far, far, far too late.......
                              Every day I still have to ride the bus to get to the terminal
                              Have to the train that takes me between terminals
                              Have to negotiate the terminals - coming and going - mask wearing people everywhere.
                              Have to unload the aircraft cargo - which is recycling the very air that is topside to get circulation into the cargo bin.

If anyone was more subject to getting this it would be me and my counterparts.
                              Again, you can live your lives in fear, or you can put things like this into perspective.

It's something to be concerned about, hell yes.
                              It's something to fear and let dictate my life? Hell no. If that were the case I'd have quit my job long ago.

Comment

• You are a warrior Fraquar, a true hero.

Comment

Working...
                                X