Coronavirus Safety Protocol - please read and discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jeffree2Bme View Post

The people out there that have no apprehension of being diligent today... well, they're not going to change their minds tomorrow. But yes, i feel i should be able to go to the local SSA office and complete the business that I need to take care of... for 1 example

No, I don't think I'm the only one being affected by all of this.
    Pretty sure most (if not all of that stuff) is online.

The reason everything is shut down is because right now is because there needs to be time bought to find out basic information on this virus. You are buying time so the hospitals are not being overrun. Right now, there is 3.4% mortality rate among confirmed cases. If the hospitals get overwhelmed (and the former Cobo Hall is taking covid 19 patients right now, Novi Convetion Center is being converted into a field hospital along with a track facility in Ann Arbor and they are scouting sites in Grand Rapids), that number is going to shoot way, way up.

This virus is in every county in Michigan even if there are not confirmed cases right now. Right now testing is being administrated on a triage level I imagine. Labs are overwhelmed with backlogs of the triage level testing they are doing. Every day that they can flatten that curve out is another day of valuable time that saves lives. You open things up right now and this is going to explode everywhere then that mortality rate is going to jump up like Jordan on a slam dunk.

The fact that the Michigan Legislature majority leadership is bitching because certain parts of the economy are not open is disgusting. It is tone deaf it looks like they are putting money over people's lives.
    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

Pretty sure most (if not all of that stuff) is online.

The reason everything is shut down is because right now is because there needs to be time bought to find out basic information on this virus. You are buying time so the hospitals are not being overrun. Right now, there is 3.4% mortality rate among confirmed cases. If the hospitals get overwhelmed (and the former Cobo Hall is taking covid 19 patients right now, Novi Convetion Center is being converted into a field hospital along with a track facility in Ann Arbor and they are scouting sites in Grand Rapids), that number is going to shoot way, way up.

This virus is in every county in Michigan even if there are not confirmed cases right now. Right now testing is being administrated on a triage level I imagine. Labs are overwhelmed with backlogs of the triage level testing they are doing. Every day that they can flatten that curve out is another day of valuable time that saves lives. You open things up right now and this is going to explode everywhere then that mortality rate is going to jump up like Jordan on a slam dunk.

The fact that the Michigan Legislature majority leadership is bitching because certain parts of the economy are not open is disgusting. It is tone deaf it looks like they are putting money over people's lives.
      Not what I have to get accomplished. Listen, no one understands more than me how we need to take care w/ not bringing this home. But again, just be diligent. All of these precautions and GR (Kent county) is still being bombarded w/covid19, so tell me... how does me not being able to take care of business, doing anything to stop the madness?

Comment

• Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Not what I have to get accomplished. Listen, no one understands more than me how we need to take care w/ not bringing this home. But again, just be diligent. All of these precautions and GR (Kent county) is still being bombarded w/covid19, so tell me... how does me not being able to take care of business, doing anything to stop the madness?
          It is not just about you being diligent. You open up things right now (like you are arguing doing) and everyone's contacts go up levels of magnitude. When you are dealing with human lives you exercise almost paranoid caution. That is not madness.

Even when things open up business is going to be slow. People are not going to come out until they are assured this is fading into the rear view mirror.

This might cruel to you but if you business is not life threatening it can wait.
          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

I agree whole-heartedly! We can still take all the precautions to stay safe, but not to get back the life we all know? Bullshit. Some people NEED to get things done... IE; SSI business, Sec. of State business, funeral arrangements... I for one is really put back by all of this bullshit.
                Most companies and organizations are making accommodations for these. Student loans have been put on hold until 9/30, Driver License renewals have been extended until 6/30, etc...

Stay home. Stay safe
                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Yeah giving the all clear would be fucking total madness, we don't have truly functioning hospital systems right now. They are all set up as COVID wards. We have refrigerated semi trucks as morgues and the two convention centers set up as field hospitals. You can't have a functioning society with a debilitated medical system. This is with all of the social.distancing measures in place.

But yeah open everything up!

Comment

• I think some of those in more rural areas aren't really getting it yet...both literally and figuratively lol. They aren't seeing the impact and feel like there's little risk.

I would not want to live in a rural area during this. Rural hospitals aren't going to be able to handle a surge like we've seen elsewhere.
                    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                      I think some of those in more rural areas aren't really getting it yet...both literally and figuratively lol. They aren't seeing the impact and feel like there's little risk.

I would not want to live in a rural area during this. Rural hospitals aren't going to be able to handle a surge like we've seen elsewhere.
                      By some miracle---there is not a case in Benzie County (knock on wood). And that we are out in the country so our risk is really muted. But yeah the population up here is very older (I think Leelannu county median age is like 83) and it gets here into the towns it will run like wildfire.

Comment

• Comment

• Oh, I am sure it is here just no one with a confirmed case. But a lot of people commute to Traverse City for work and when that gets loosened up I think that will be when you might have that secondary surge. The biggest question is will this have a breather (like the flu does) in the summer, but i don't think you are going to know for sure until early-mid June.

Comment

• The NBA, NFL and MLB are dreaming up ways to play amid a pandemic—it all sounds great, until you talk to people who actually know science.

Good read on why sports is gone for awhile.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                              https://www.si.com/mlb/2020/04/10/sp...ming-back-soon

Good read on why sports is gone for awhile.
                              Not in Florida

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 14, 2020, 7:00 AM EDT
                              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I wish I could say I am surprised, but this is a guy that would not shut down Florida beaches.

Comment

Working...
                                X