No announcement yet.

Coronavirus Safety Protocol - please read and discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are still 7 states not in lockdown. Obviously, all 7 have GOP governors.

Btw, having been there more times than I have desired, FL really is a shithole. It's a swamp. Literally.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
      There are still 7 states not in lockdown. Obviously, all 7 have GOP governors.

Btw, having been there more times than I have desired, FL really is a shithole. It's a swamp. Literally.
      And Gov. Abbott of Texas is planning on opening up the Texas economy
      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• The stimulus payment arrived in our account today. You can track yours at the IRS site: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment
        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
          The stimulus payment arrived in our account today. You can track yours at the IRS site: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment
          Thank you Deb!
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Brian Allen first active NFL player to test positive for COVID-19

Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Report: Chargers staffer tests positive for COVID-19

Comment

• Posted by Charean Williams on April 16, 2020, 6:38 PM EDT

Getty Images

Broncos pass rusher Von Millera little cough

Comment

• I'm curious what everyone's new normal looks like these days?? It's such a strange virus. Our next door neighbor was taken by ambulance and is now on a ventilator. My husband and I have had occasional one-off symptoms and we wonder if we are positive or if we are having allergies or if we are just incredibly paranoid...

We are so scared for our older family members and have been getting their groceries and medications and making them stay at home. We spend way too much time disinfecting packaging after a shopping trip. Our hands are dry and raw from constant hand washing.

I'm working from home for reduced (deferred) pay. The husband is staying home as a self-employed, non-essential person. I keep him busy with an extensive Honey-Do list. Every day is like Groundhog Day, seems like the same day over and over. I have never cooked so much in my life. Our dog is loving this time with us but I worry that he'll have bad separation anxiety when (if) the world goes back to normal.

We miss sports badly. Although I wouldn't consider us huge Tigers fans, we rarely missed watching a game in prior years. We miss baseball a lot.

What does your normal look like?

#birdsarentreal

Comment

• Deborah,

Sorry to read about the stress this is causing you and yours. Please see my just sent PM to help you on this matter. ???? ??
                    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Hey, G! Thanks for the link. I've sent a response. It's great to "see" you!
                      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• We're fortunate, my wife and I can both work from home full time and are not at risk for losing our jobs (we both work for the same firm and they are not making HC reductions other than culling out low performers and delaying hires). Upcoming bonuses are gone (we were having a near record year before all this hit) and wages may be frozen (our increases occur in the fall). I don't think there will be salary cuts, as the firm leadership really tries to avoid those types of actions (our firm actually made national headlines in one country because we refused to furlough people, while all our competitors immediately did)

The biggest thing has just been juggling home/virtual school with work and the stir crazy, especially when the weather is bad. We're in the process of getting 6-9 inches of snow right now.

I know a lot of people are struggling out there so we're trying so spend our money on local businesses as much as possible. We got some of the government funding because of our kids and we're looking at ways to donate/or spend it for those that need it more.

Comment

• Yeah this snow is bullshit lol. My Amazon photos app showed me a memory from two years ago today when we got snow, too.

Sounds like you guys work for a great company. While my pay is reduced, it will at least be repaid with interest. So things are tight, but at the end of it I'll have a nice little sum saved up. I just hope my company can weather through this without a huge workforce reduction.

Good idea on the local support. Glad your family is doing well.
                          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Comment

• I've been attacking a lot of things around the house that have been put off for 15 years. My oven died around New Years and we've been putting off getting a new one until I get a job, but since this hit the job leads dried up. So I've become very adept at cooking dinners with the InstaPot, AirFryer and Toaster oven. With 3 kids couped up in the house, we have had more dinners at home than we probably would have in a whole year. We normally have to run the dishwasher twice a week, now it needs to be run every day.

My wife was working 70 hour weeks tending to these COVID patients, but it is lightening up and she is back to her regular job.

My younger daughter and I have been keeping our sanity at the local park shooting the basketball. Every day for about an hour I get to shag balls.

Comment

• One thing that is plainly obvious that my router/network setup is not setup to handle 3 zoom calls and netflix at one.

Comment

Working...
                                X