No announcement yet.

Coronavirus Safety Protocol - please read and discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's good news that the COVID load is lessening, your wife is one of the heroes...hope she has stayed well.

You almost don't need an oven with the other appliances you have! I use the pressure cooker all the time now. Our favorite recipes: Pulled Pork, Poor Man's Burnt Ends, Mac and Cheese (tastes like it had baked in the oven!) and Cheddar Broccoli soup. We were running the dishwasher twice a day at first.

How have you kept the kids busy throughout this?
    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
      One thing that is plainly obvious that my router/network setup is not setup to handle 3 zoom calls and netflix at one.
      Ha!
      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• My kids are 14, 18 and 19 they would rather I not keep them occupied.

Not having a functioning oven eliminates some things that are easy to throw in and forget.

Comment

• Yeah, catching up on random projects around the house is nice. I redid the shelving in the pantry that I've had on the want-to list. Same with re-organizing the garage. Planning out a completer re-do on the home office. Waiting for the weather to get back to decent, i'm going to wash all the windows.

If you have a good Mac & Cheese recipe please share, I've tried a few with the instant pot, but no home runs yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
            If you have a good Mac & Cheese recipe please share, I've tried a few with the instant pot, but no home runs yet.
            This is the one we love. It works fine with the bagged shredded cheeses but we really love it with freshly shredded cheese.

Instant Pot Mac and Cheese - This macaroni and cheese is every family's favorite comfort food pasta recipe made easy in the Instant Pot!  You can have creamy, mouthwatering, homemade mac and cheese for dinner in about 10 minutes!
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              My kids are 14, 18 and 19 they would rather I not keep them occupied.

Not having a functioning oven eliminates some things that are easy to throw in and forget.
              Ohhh. Teenagers. Got it.

#birdsarentreal

Comment

• I'll have to try that recipe out, I always use the oven or crock pot or oven for Mac and Cheese.

Comment

• Well been furloughed since Mid March. Did unemployment, been checking to see when I get it. Yesterday, I find out that it is being held up. It says Open-Non Monetary Issue (mind you I filed on the week of the 24th) and was able to open everything up and the next week I certified my two weeks. There is nothing saying what I need to do in my email or my unemployment account.

So I jump on the live chat and wait for 5.5 hours before giving up on it. I send a message to them about my two weeks around 7pm last night. Come back today. No messages. Jump on the live chat at 930am still waiting to get someone. Went to the UIA FB page asked what was going on. No reply (to me or dozens of other people with the same problem). Called the customer service line.....Wea re busy please call back later.

So online went and put my last two pay stubs, my driver's license and SS Card in attachments and sent it to wherever it goes. I think that should take care of itt, but I don't know because getting no feedback at all.
                  2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• That sucks Whit. Hope it gets taken care of.

Comment

• Comment

• Well I work for an essential company that warehouses food for Walmart, Michigan Sugar and Frito Lays products. We also transport these and other essential goods so we've been working. For me as a Safety Manager every week is different with different challenges. I'm lucky that I work at a company that the majority owner cares because we see things a lot differently at some places we deliver. It's extremely frustrating that I can't get our people everything they need. I have things I ordered before 3/15 that are still on back order.

My wife is a nurse but she works in the post natal ward. But, if they get slammed, she could be called to those floors at any time. She's terrified and when a co-worker got called down there, she had a panic attack at work last week, We both are afraid someone could just casually pass by her in the hallway and have the virus get on her and she'll bring it home. So we both take off our outer clothing and jackets in the garage and put them in a box to get washed every Sunday. So yeah, we have to wear an additional level of clothing under our clothing.

My daughter, son and wife have had differing levels of asthma so my kids are afraid. My daughter has had to quit 2 of the 3 jobs she was working but does most of her College work on-line now. We are afraid if she does catch it, she would be in ypsilanti hospital all by herself.

My son is good and refuses to go outside. He was doing well but was rounding into shape to be a force and get a college scholarship but after spending all this time at home without doing true training I am afraid that he may miss his window.

Our best times now is when my wife has a weekend off and we can just be at home away from everyone else.
                        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
                          Well been furloughed since Mid March. Did unemployment, been checking to see when I get it. Yesterday, I find out that it is being held up. It says Open-Non Monetary Issue (mind you I filed on the week of the 24th) and was able to open everything up and the next week I certified my two weeks. There is nothing saying what I need to do in my email or my unemployment account.

So I jump on the live chat and wait for 5.5 hours before giving up on it. I send a message to them about my two weeks around 7pm last night. Come back today. No messages. Jump on the live chat at 930am still waiting to get someone. Went to the UIA FB page asked what was going on. No reply (to me or dozens of other people with the same problem). Called the customer service line.....Wea re busy please call back later.

So online went and put my last two pay stubs, my driver's license and SS Card in attachments and sent it to wherever it goes. I think that should take care of itt, but I don't know because getting no feedback at all.
                          Hey, Whitley. Try joining this Facebook group. It's a bunch of people like yourself who are sharing the latest information about unemployment. A lot of people there have had the same trouble as you and can tell you how to get it resolved. They helped me answer a bunch of questions I had about the unemployment for self employed people.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DRFu...entinformation
                          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• We really like it and it's super easy.
                            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                              Well I work for an essential company that warehouses food for Walmart, Michigan Sugar and Frito Lays products. We also transport these and other essential goods so we've been working. For me as a Safety Manager every week is different with different challenges. I'm lucky that I work at a company that the majority owner cares because we see things a lot differently at some places we deliver. It's extremely frustrating that I can't get our people everything they need. I have things I ordered before 3/15 that are still on back order.

My wife is a nurse but she works in the post natal ward. But, if they get slammed, she could be called to those floors at any time. She's terrified and when a co-worker got called down there, she had a panic attack at work last week, We both are afraid someone could just casually pass by her in the hallway and have the virus get on her and she'll bring it home. So we both take off our outer clothing and jackets in the garage and put them in a box to get washed every Sunday. So yeah, we have to wear an additional level of clothing under our clothing.

My daughter, son and wife have had differing levels of asthma so my kids are afraid. My daughter has had to quit 2 of the 3 jobs she was working but does most of her College work on-line now. We are afraid if she does catch it, she would be in ypsilanti hospital all by herself.

My son is good and refuses to go outside. He was doing well but was rounding into shape to be a force and get a college scholarship but after spending all this time at home without doing true training I am afraid that he may miss his window.

Our best times now is when my wife has a weekend off and we can just be at home away from everyone else.
                              Thanks for sharing. It must be terrifying to think about this virus when you have asthma. I hope your wife and kids stay safe. Both you and your wife are essential and I hope people have been thanking you both for what you do!!
                              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post

Thanks for sharing. It must be terrifying to think about this virus when you have asthma. I hope your wife and kids stay safe. Both you and your wife are essential and I hope people have been thanking you both for what you do!!
                                Out of the 4 of us I'm probably in the most danger. I had TB as a child, I'm African American, over 50 and a smoker. Oh and just for laughs and giggles, both of my parents are diabetic. I have not tested (in the last couple of years) positive for being diabetic, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I just think if I contract it, I'm going to die.
                                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X