No announcement yet.

Coronavirus Safety Protocol - please read and discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working in Shiawassee I know it's really red. Got in a "discussion" (although I try my darndest to not have political discussions at work) and the guy made every last thing about this as if the Democrats started this to get Chump out of office, (as if they needed help) My focus was on what has happened and his was centered around the 2020 election. I lost a ton of respect for him because he didn't care that people were dying.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Florida governor: Teams that can’t play in their states are welcome here

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 13, 2020, 2:57 PM EDT

Getty Images

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis says his state is ready, willing and able to welcome any NFL teams that can’t operate in their own states.

Amid talk that California and some other states won’t lift restrictions in time for the NFL season, DeSantis is positioning his state to be the temporary home of those teams. DeSantis said he is reaching out to commissioners of professional sports leagues to let them know it can work.

“If you have a team in a league in an area that just won’t operate, we’ll find a place for them here in Florida,” DeSantis said.

DeSantis said Floridians support sports taking place again.

“Our people are starved to have some of this back in our lives,” DeSantis said. “I think we can certainly do it in a way that’s safe.”

The UFC has already had one event in Florida and will have two more in Florida this week. There’s also been talk that Major League Baseball could play at spring training sites in Florida, starting in July. And if the NFL can’t have all 32 teams playing in their home stadiums, DeSantis would clearly be very interested in having additional teams play in Florida.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
        Working in Shiawassee I know it's really red. Got in a "discussion" (although I try my darndest to not have political discussions at work) and the guy made every last thing about this as if the Democrats started this to get Chump out of office, (as if they needed help) My focus was on what has happened and his was centered around the 2020 election. I lost a ton of respect for him because he didn't care that people were dying.
        This is all I encounter when talking politics. And it's almost verbatim the same thing no matter which Republican friend I speak with. I think Fox News has programmed the same message into these people.
        #birdsarentreal

Comment

• The guy I spoke to seemed like he looks at politics as a sports team. That's so sad. I don't care what party, I just want things to be right for everyone. I know that's a naive notion, but how did things get this adversarial?

Comment

• Why is this Ron DeSantis guy so welcoming to other NFL teams using the State? Is the seriousness of CV19 not that apparent in Florida?
            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Just been furloughed. 80% pay till October (latest.) Kinda sucks as I'd already hit my quarterly target but money to do nothing I guess.

Comment

• You're furloughed at 80% pay? That's a nice deal. I'm working at 80% pay...grrr. But that 20% is deferred, not gone forever at least.

October though? Wow.
                #birdsarentreal

Comment

• The government has done it for everyone. 50% of the working population are now having their wages paid by the government. It's totally unsustainable.

It could be any time from 3 weeks (minimum) until October (latest). My company is running at 50% revenue. Who knows if there will be a job to go back to. I'd just made them 75 thousand dollars in the last month as well!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
                    I'd just made them 75 thousand dollars in the last month as well!

That's a lot of hand jobs.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                        Why is this Ron DeSantis guy so welcoming to other NFL teams using the State? Is the seriousness of CV19 not that apparent in Florida?
                        No. Brains are not that apparent in Florida
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• They seem to be doing pretty well in Florida at the moment. Elderly population and they've held it down. I think they were quite proactive on care homes.

i don't know much about De Santis but you can't knock the results.

Comment

They seem to be doing pretty well in Florida at the moment. Elderly population and they've held it down. I think they were quite proactive on care homes.

DeSantis is a total trump guy. He won the Florida governor's race with dog whistles for the Trump crowd (Gillum was mayor of Tallahasee and an African-0American progressive).

He refused to close down the beaches (left that to local people).

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

They seem to be doing pretty well in Florida at the moment. Elderly population and they've held it down. I think they were quite proactive on care homes.

And...... Wait for it........
                              Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Oh yeah, I know Andrew Gillum. I actually remember that race now. Very contentious.

Okay, accepting De Santis is a douche, how have Florida managed to keep relative unscathed with an elderly population?

Comment

Working...
                                X