No announcement yet.

Coronavirus Safety Protocol - please read and discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College football player Jamain Stephens dies at age 20 of COVID-19 complications

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 9, 2020, 5:15 AM EDT

California University of Pennsylvania

Jamain Stephens, a football player at California University of Pennsylvania and the son of a former Steelers first round-draft pick, has died at the age of 20 of COVID-19 complications.

Stephens had played the last three seasons at California University, which canceled this football season because of the pandemic.

“Jamain was such a wonderful student with a smile on his face every time you saw him,” California University of Pennsylvania Athletic Director Karen Hjerpe said in a statement. “His personality was contagious and he made such a positive impact on everyone he met.”

Pitt safety Damar Hamlin, a high school teammate of Stephens, wrote about his death on Twitter.

“Got out of practice & heard the worst news. RIP JUICE,” Hamlin wrote. “The most genuine & caring soul on this planet. You touched so many w/ love & laughs. Cherish y’all brothers while they still here & PLEASE continue to take this virus seriously. You’ll be missed dearly. I just wanna give your momma the biggest hug bro.”

Stephens’ father, also named Jamain Stephens, played for the Steelers from 1996 to 1998 and for the Bengals from 1999 to 2001.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Louisiana Tech-Baylor postponed due to numerous positive COVID tests

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on September 8, 2020, 11:01 PM EDT

Getty Images

Louisiana Tech’s season opener against Baylor scheduled for this Saturday has been postponed by the schools due to a rash of positive COVID-19 tests at Louisiana Tech.

We are obviously very disappointed that we will not be able to open the season this weekend at Baylor,” said Louisiana Tech Director of Athletics Tommy McClelland in a statement. “However, with the number of recent positive COVID-19 results and contact tracing, it is simply not possible. We would be putting our student-athletes at risk.”

McClelland said that the aftermath of Hurricane Laura in the region was a likely contributor to the spread of the virus among the team. Prior to the hurricane, the team had seen just one positive test in the previous three weeks.

“It is obvious that the impact of Hurricane Laura in our community a few weeks ago really sparked our significant increase in numbers,” McClelland said. “With 95 percent of our city losing power for days – even up to a week in many areas – our student-athletes were forced to find places to stay and some even had family from south Louisiana that came northward to stay with them. So many things that we were able to control for the month of August became out of our control, and I think the numbers prove that it took its toll.”

There isn’t a makeup date scheduled yet for the game but the two schools will try to find a date that works for both to eventually play the game.

Louisiana Tech will face Southern Miss on Sept. 19.

Baylor will host Kansas on Sept. 26.

Tulsa-Oklahoma State and TCU-SMU are also games originally scheduled for this weekend that have been postponed.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• One player tested positive for COVID-19 from August 30-September 5

Posted by Josh Alper on September 8, 2020, 2:14 PM EDT

Getty Images

The NFL and NFL Players Association have announced the results for another period of COVID-19 testing and the numbers continue to look good.

Over a period lasting from August 30 to September 5, there were 17,519 tests administered to 2,641 players. There was one new confirmed positive test during that time. There were four positive tests for players from August 21 to August 29.

Six players are currently on reserve/COVID-19 lists around the league. Saints running back Dwayne Washington, Panthers defensive back Derrek Thomas, 49ers linebacker Fred Warner, Panthers guard Chris Reed, Titans tackle Isaiah Wilson and Jaguars running back Ryquell Armstead have either tested positive or been in close contact with an infected person.

The NFL and NFLPA also announced that there were seven new confirmed positive tests out of 26,991 tests on 5,708 other personnel. There were six positives in the previous round of testing.

Comment

• Sad thing is... this will change nothing.

CNN today obtained audio recordings from some of Bob Woodward's interviews with President Trump for his new book "Rage." There are startling revelations in the tapes about Trump's response to coronavirus among other topics.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
            Sad thing is... this will change nothing.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...cdd92ab28fde3c
            Change nothing? It will gain him even more support. Oh and stop hogging all the bleach, I'm thirsty over here.
            "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
            Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
              Sad thing is... this will change nothing.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...cdd92ab28fde3c
              • What Trump knew about coronavirus in February: According to a Feb. 7 tape, Trump said knew in early February coronavirus was dangerous, highly contagious, airborne and "deadly." Trump went on to say that coronavirus was maybe five times "more deadly" than the flu. "This is more deadly. This is five per- you know, this is five percent versus one percent and less than one percent. You know? So, this is deadly stuff," Trump said, according to the audio. Remember: This was 19 days before the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed first possible US case of "community spread."
              • "Play it down": In a March tape, Trump admitted he kept that knowledge hidden from the public. "I wanted to always play it down," Trump told Woodward on March 19, even as he had declared a national emergency over the virus days earlier. "I still like playing it down, because I don't want to create a panic."

We knew this already, but now the CoOps of the world can stop denying it. I lost a friend over this very thing. He just couldn't stop being upset WITH ME because I told him Trump knew all this before he told the country and did not lead the country through this better.

Comment

• Trump is clearly the worst possible person to have in the oval office for this crisis.
                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                  Trump is clearly the worst possible person to have in the oval office.
                  I fixed that for you ;)

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• WTF you guys mean? Jim Jones not available?

Comment

• Chinese Virologist (that escaped to America via Hong Kong) Releases Report Claiming Coronavirus Was Made in Wuhan Lab

Add this to your understanding. Is she believable or not? That's for you to decipher.
                      The COVID-19 pandemic caused by the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 has led to over 910,000 deaths worldwide and unprecedented decimation of the global economy. Despite its tremendous impact, the origin of SARS-CoV-2 has remained mysterious and controversial. The natural origin theory, although widely accepted, lacks substantial support. The alternative theory that the virus may have come from a research laboratory is, however, strictly censored on peer-reviewed scientific journals. Nonetheless, SARS-CoV-2 shows biological characteristics that are inconsistent with a naturally occurring, zoonotic virus. In this report, we describe the genomic, structural, medical, and literature evidence, which, when considered together, strongly contradicts the natural origin theory. The evidence shows that SARS-CoV-2 should be a laboratory product created by using bat coronaviruses ZC45 and/or ZXC21 as a template and/or backbone. Building upon the evidence, we further postulate a synthetic route for SARS-CoV-2, demonstrating that the laboratory-creation of this coronavirus is convenient and can be accomplished in approximately six months. Our work emphasizes the need for an independent investigation into the relevant research laboratories. It also argues for a critical look into certain recently published data, which, albeit problematic, was used to support and claim a natural origin of SARS-CoV-2. From a public health perspective, these actions are necessary as knowledge of the origin of SARS-CoV-2 and of how the virus entered the human population are of pivotal importance in the fundamental control of the COVID-19 pandemic as well as in preventing similar, future pandemics.
                      Last edited by Panoptes; September 15, 2020, 11:20 AM.
                      19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Sigh.......

Steve Bannon Is Behind Bogus Study That China Created COVID

Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Ha! All of this conspiracy shit is so transparent and people still eat it up.

Our country is fucked.
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I believe it escaped from a lab but not because of this woman. Too much circumstantial evidence to ignore.

Comment

• Probly escaped using demon sperm.
                              Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• QAnon says it did

Comment

Working...
                                X