No announcement yet.

Coronavirus Safety Protocol - please read and discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ULF: I don't support anyone attacking you for your opinion, but damn. Your debate style really rubs me the wrong way.

Last edited by -Deborah-; January 15, 2021, 03:09 PM. Reason: Clarifying who this response was for.
    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by unknown lions fan View Post
      [*]I see one side referencing a hundred years of best practices. I see another side throwing out all previous understanding of viruses.

I wonder why they call it a once in a 100 year virus?
      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

The difference between you and me is that I don't pretend otherwise. Yes, I do lean on the scientific consensus. And I revise those opinions if there is compelling evidence that the consensus is wrong (the consensus usually beats me to it, for what it's worth). That Wordpress quality webpage that hosts the Barrington Declaration doesn't even remotely come close to providing actual evidence of their claims, for the record.

I don't post stupid reddit-level meme images of "The Scientific Method" vs "Sciencism" and boast I'm doing the former while I'm actually doing the latter.

The real Scientific Method (since you clearly don't know what it actually is) is a rigorously documented process of hypothesis, experimentation, and conclusion; not the pithy bullshit you're spewing. You're just hooking onto experts that tell you what you want to hear; which is ironically what you ridicule others for doing.

You don't want to wear a mask. You don't want to be restricted where you travel. You don't want to pay taxes. You don't want to be told what to do. And you've sought out people who will tell you that's okay. Whatever. But that doesn't make you some individualistic intellectual that sees the truth beyond the veil, unlike "the sheep."

It just makes you a hypocrite.
        I may get back to the science, and your attacks on things that offend you, but here's the key point:

What I have based my individual approach on does not advocate the use of violence against you. Your approach advocates the use of violence against me.

That's the difference. My approach allows people to make decisions for themselves. Yours demands compliance with your point of view, and uses the force of the state against everyone.

The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• I've seen several of you call yourselves "sheep" here - actually, implying that I'm calling you sheep. I don't believe I've used the term. If I did, it may have been a long time ago.

I've come to see statists as very dangerous people, because while most would not use violence against others themselves, they all use the violence of the state against others. If they didn't, it wouldn't exist.
          Last edited by unknown lions fan; January 15, 2021, 11:59 PM.
          The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• This is how you attack tens of thousands of scientists and experts who urge calm in a frenzy of panic, and caution you about the negative effects of authoritarian lockdowns as a response to a public health issue:

Accuse the person who asked if you had seen it of making an appeal to authority...

Squeal out methodology! rigor! unsupported! As one would apply to a peer-reviewed article in a medical research journal, when it's simply a declaration.

Lastly, attack the web page itself!

A textbook application of scientism by an authority-worshipping, intellectually-stunted manchild.

Oh, yeah, then accuse the other guy of "sciencism." lol

Comment

• <scoff> what is that, wordpress? <snort>

lol

Comment

• Also, hot dogs are not a sandwich. I'll take all comers in the argument thread, you bunch of filthy sandwichists!!!!!!!
                Lions Fans.

Comment

• Many patients who initially experienced milder COVID-19 symptoms are now showing up at the doctor's office months later with debilitating problems.

COVID 'LONG HAULERS': SOME WHO FIRST SAW MILD SYMPTOMS EXPERIENCING DEBILITATING PROBLEMS MONTHS LATER

#birdsarentreal

Comment

• Only a man who doesn't care a jot about ridicule would admit that they thought the article was going to be about long distance lorry drivers getting Covid. I didn't think that. Honest.
                    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                      Only a man who doesn't care a jot about ridicule would admit that they thought the article was going to be about long distance lorry drivers getting Covid. I didn't think that. Honest.
                      Hahaha
                      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• 262 players, 464 other personnel tested positive for COVID-19 this season

Posted by Josh Alper on February 9, 2021, 1:15 PM EST

Getty Images

The NFL wrapped up a season that began with many questions about whether they could successfully navigate the COVID-19 pandemic by playing Super Bowl LV as originally scheduled.

Some regular season games did had to be rescheduled for things to remain on track as a result of positive tests for the coronavirus. On Tuesday, the NFL and NFL Players Association released the final testing numbers for the season.

Daily tests for players, coaches, and other team personnel began on August 1 and there were 262 players who tested positive from that date to February 6. There were also 464 positives among other personnel, including one positive test last week.

Those 726 overall positives came on approximately 959,860 tests administered around the league over the last six months.
                        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Got my first shot today. My new Overlord, Bill Gates, told me I should drink a martini tonight. I hope it’s ok if I have more than one...
                          Last edited by CGVT; February 10, 2021, 03:50 PM.
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• That's exactly how they get ya.
                            Lions Fans.

Comment

• Bill Gates could be "literally talking" shyte, CGVT.

The Microsoft founder shows off a processor he says could help alleviate the drinking water problem in the developing world.
                              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                                Bill Gates could be "literally talking" shyte, CGVT.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-30709273
                                Hard pass
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X