Coronavirus Safety Protocol - please read and discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
    I wonder the same. Dude is carrying that flag.
    Yeah, fuck him.
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• GOP mental gymnastics:

”It’s my body, my choice in regard to a vaccine. However, if you’re a pregnant woman….”

Comment

• Beasley has had a ton of concussions. He’s a little guy who takes big shots. He at least has somewhat of an excuse for being a moron.

Comment

• At the end of the day, Beasley has a point.
          1) Getting vaxxed does NOT mean you can't come down with COVID (even again if you already had it).
          2) Vaxxed players can still transmit that to other players (including those who have been vaxxed (who can still get it) - or others who haven't)
          3) They pretty much are coming to a consensus that the vaccination is going to need a booster in the future - i.e. it's effects will degrade over time.
          4) If you AREN'T testing players because they've been vaxxed - Houston, we have a serious problem.

So why the testing double standard?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
            At the end of the day, Beasley has a point.
            1) Getting vaxxed does NOT mean you can't come down with COVID (even again if you already had it).
            2) Vaxxed players can still transmit that to other players (including those who have been vaxxed (who can still get it) - or others who haven't)
            3) They pretty much are coming to a consensus that the vaccination is going to need a booster in the future - i.e. it's effects will degrade over time.
            4) If you AREN'T testing players because they've been vaxxed - Houston, we have a serious problem.

So why the testing double standard?

1) No one has ever said otherwise, but the chances are much lesser with the vaccine and even if you get it having the vaccine nearly totally eliminates the chances of having to be hospitalized

2) Very unlikely but possible. More possible in areas where vaccination rates are low.

3) Depends on the vaccine. Pfizer and Moderna seem to offer very robust protection even after 6 months. I know Pfizer is pushing a booster shot, but it should be kept in mind that the CEO said awhile ago, that they hope to get back to normal so they can start charging more for covid 19 shots. There are ongoing studies of what kind of booster shot and when/if it will be needed.

4) Again not really. They are going to test the unvaccinated every day to get the results in a timely manner you need to limit the number of tests for rapid turnaround. Since unvaccinated players are much much more likely to be catching covid 19 right now. It makes sense to test them because that is most likely where it is going to hit first.

Look at it this way.

If a door is wide open most people will walk through it and not throw a brick through a window or try to bust down the wall.

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

1) No one has ever said otherwise, but the chances are much lesser with the vaccine and even if you get it having the vaccine nearly totally eliminates the chances of having to be hospitalized

2) Very unlikely but possible. More possible in areas where vaccination rates are low.

3) Depends on the vaccine. Pfizer and Moderna seem to offer very robust protection even after 6 months. I know Pfizer is pushing a booster shot, but it should be kept in mind that the CEO said awhile ago, that they hope to get back to normal so they can start charging more for covid 19 shots. There are ongoing studies of what kind of booster shot and when/if it will be needed.

4) Again not really. They are going to test the unvaccinated every day to get the results in a timely manner you need to limit the number of tests for rapid turnaround. Since unvaccinated players are much much more likely to be catching covid 19 right now. It makes sense to test them because that is most likely where it is going to hit first.

Look at it this way.

If a door is wide open most people will walk through it and not throw a brick through a window or try to bust down the wall.
              The vaccine supposedly provides one key element - the risk of hospitalization is drastically reduced.
              That said - that shouldn't be a reason to make a double-standard testing standing order........
              Vaccinated or not - BOTH can spread it if they come down with it.......
              Faucci himself has said that this is likely going to require a booster anyway - and the unknown question is how long before it's necessary.
              Like much, the answer is we don't know yet.

Comment

• Yeah. So, fuck it. Do nothing.
                Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Sunday morning radio prog, topical …… vaccines top of the bill.
                  Jeremy Vine: “We have Dr (can’t remember name) here and we’ll be asking why people, especially young people, should get the vaccine when 1 in a million are dying from Covid but 1 in 100,000 are getting serious, possibly long term, heart inflammation issues. Seems like a no brainer to avoid the vaccine and not create heart health issues. We’ll be discussing with the doctor later on the programme.”

When you have programmes on the fucking Radio stations stirring the pot like this, it is fairly self explanatory why there are anti vaxxers out there.

"I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                    You want s*** to get back to normal? Get the f*****g shot.

J****. What the f*** has happened to this country?
                    15602475.jpg
                    Last edited by edindetroit; August 1, 2021, 03:00 PM.
                    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                      Sunday morning radio prog, topical …… vaccines top of the bill.
                      Jeremy Vine: “We have Dr (can’t remember name) here and we’ll be asking why people, especially young people, should get the vaccine when 1 in a million are dying from Covid but 1 in 100,000 are getting serious, possibly long term, heart inflammation issues. Seems like a no brainer to avoid the vaccine and not create heart health issues. We’ll be discussing with the doctor later on the programme.”

When you have programmes on the fucking Radio stations stirring the pot like this, it is fairly self explanatory why there are anti vaxxers out there.
                      Originally posted by edindetroit View Post

My wife's boss lost 9 family members to Covid. Not just people he knew 9 family members. That's impossible for me to wrap my head around. In the Bible it mentions times where God confused people to the point they offed each other or where he hardened Pharaoh's heart against the Israelis leading to his demise. This has that feeling to me like we've strayed to far from God and now his hand is against us. Good friends and even good Christian friends are still poo-pooing this as a hoax and anti mask and anti Vax. It is shaking my faith.
                      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Bruce Arians: Bucs will be 92 percent vaccinated by August 13, close to 100 percent by season

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 1, 2021, 2:34 PM EDT

Getty Images

Bruce Arians has no doubt that the Buccaneers will get their players vaccinated by the time the season starts.

Arians said the Bucs will be at 92 percent fully vaccinated by August 13. That suggests that a significant number of Buccaneers players got their second shots yesterday, and that by August 13 they’ll have hit the two weeks after their second shots that makes a person fully vaccinated. Arians indicated that more players are planning to get vaccinated after that.

“It’s all personal decisions and education. By August 13th we’ll be 92 percent,” he said. “We will be close to 100 percent, at least 98 percent.”

Of course, players who are on the roster bubble have to worry that they’ll get cut if they don’t get vaccinated. One way teams can get close to 100 percent vaccinated is to cut close to 100 percent of their unvaccinated players. Arians is right that it’s ultimately the players’ personal decision, but players have to understand that if they want to make a roster, getting vaccinated is the decision to make.
                        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• 2021-08-02_13-00-21.jpg
                          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Only five teams below 85 percent vaccination threshold

Posted by Charean Williams on August 3, 2021, 3:22 PM EDT

Getty Images

The NFL reports that 90 percent of NFL players are at least partially vaccinated. The league hit that mark today, spokesman Brian McCarthy tweeted.

Nine teams have more than 95 percent of their players vaccinated, and 27 teams are above the 85 percent threshold.

That means five teams continue to lag behind the rest.

The Vikings, who placed three quarterbacks on the COVID-19 reserve list this week, rank last in vaccination rate Nicki Jhabvala of The Washington Post reports. Only 70 percent of the team’s players have had at least one shot and 64.5 percent are fully vaccinated.

Jhabvala also reports that the Washington Football Team has a vaccination rate of 84 percent, which ranks 29th in the NFL. Only 50.5 percent of the team’s players are fully vaccinated despite the plea from the head coach, who went through cancer treatment last year.

That leaves the other three teams unknown, but the Colts and Cardinals were among the lowest teams in vaccination rate last month before training camps started.
                            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I did not see that one coming...

NFLPA plans to propose daily testing of vaccinated players and staff

Posted by Mike Florio on August 4, 2021, 7:29 PM EDT

Getty Images

As circumstances change, protocols change, too.

Via Mark Maske of the Washington Post, the NFL Players Association has informed its members that it plans to propose to the league daily testing of all vaccinated players and staff.

Currently, vaccinated players and staff are tested once every 14 days. In recent weeks, however, it has become more and more clear that vaccinated individuals can still catch — and more importantly transmit — the Delta variant of the virus.

The union also is advocating other potential steps that would make 2021 more like 2020.

“In the event of an apparent virus spread among a club, masking may be required for all players and staff, regardless of vaccination status,” the memo explains. “This is similar to the intensive protocols last year and designed to prevent an outbreak.”

It’s a smart approach, one that reflects the flexibility that will be critical to beating this situation once and for all.

“We have consistently stated that football will go the way of our communities, and multiple cities and states are experiencing record surges in infections and hospitalizations due to the Delta variant,” the NFLPA memo explains.

The league, however, may not be ready to accept (or perhaps to pay for) a return to daily testing for all players and staff, regardless of vaccination status.

“Our approach is always to be flexible and adaptable and open to what the data is showing us,” NFL chief medical officer Allen Sills said on a Wednesday evening teleconference with reporters. “So we’re going to follow the data in regards to everything in our protocol, including the frequency of testing and mask guidance and so forth. We are doing obviously more frequent testing in subpopulations right now. We’re testing unvaccinated individuals every day.”

One of the inducements to persuade players to get vaccinated came from the reality of reduced testing. But that was hardly a bait-and-switch tactic. If vaccinated players and staff can catch it and pass it around, they should be subjected to the quick and easy (and accurate) Mesa test before being allowed into the building, each and every day.

Comment

• Their whole leadership needs replacing. WTF??!!!

Jimmy Graham says he was “basically forced into getting the vaccine”

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 5, 2021, 8:49 AM EDT

Getty Images

The NFL Players Association has made clear that it will fight any attempt by the NFL to force players to get vaccinated. But the NFLPA is advocating forcing vaccinated players to get tested for COVID-19 more frequently, and Bears tight end Jimmy Graham appears to be upset with his union over the latest development.

Graham posted the NFLPA’s memo advocating more frequent mandatory testing of vaccinated players on Twitter, and Graham indicated that he is not on board.

“Was basically forced into getting the vaccine. Now I’m just confused. @NFLPA,” Graham wrote.

Graham did the right thing by getting the vaccine, whether he felt “basically forced” into it or not. But he’s surely not the only player who’s now wondering why his union is advocating that management force him to get tested more frequently, after he already did the responsible thing and got the COVID-19 vaccine.

Comment

Working...
                                X