Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Politics - 2020 Presidential Election - GOP v Dem cage fight (ENTER AT YOUR PERIL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump was more unpopular than Obama was popular.

The More You Know Nbc GIF by For(bes) The Culture
    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Wow. Just how unpopular was Hillary then.

Comment

• Originally posted by klondike View Post
        Wow. Just how unpopular was Hillary then.
        It's a shame the FBI had to plant all that evidence on her.
        "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
        Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

I concede your point that voting is a right. Do you take your kids into the voting booth with you? That is the kind of privilege I was talking about.

I doubt there is any ID usage that you would find acceptable. Do you agree with Photo IDs? Photo IDs are available everywhere for free. They are a necessity for everyday life in the US. But Progs generally view them as "suppression". Why is that? It is because there are some people who are either too lazy or too stupid to go get an ID. Dems view these folks as part of their base, along with criminals, drug addicts, LGBTQ2S+, the homeless, government workers, and the rich elites.

At least you understand what Trump has done with his unwillingness to accept the election results in 2020. It has to do with the perception of fairness in elections and the relationship of that perception to the peaceful transfer of power. Most historians now accept the fact that the Chicago machine delivered illegal votes (I presume you think people should be alive in order to vote) to make JFK President. Nixon refused to push the matter because of what it might do to the unity of the country. "We could use a man like Richard Nixon again."

Voting is not just a right. It is the entire foundation of what America is.

Photo ID being required is absolutely not constitutional because the constitution was written a century before the first photograph was taken and there has been no ammendment related to photography.

I'm all for requiring a photo ID to vote, provided that we also eliminate the electoral college. What do you say?
          "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
          Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

80 million people supposedly voted for yer hero. More than any other prez. Also, he lost the first time around. Are you saying Biden is more popular than Obama or could there have been shenanigans
            Population increases, how do they work?

Comment

• And who is this "he" is talking about that "lost the first time around?" Did I miss a piece of the conversation somewhere?

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                LOL! Geezer comes into this forum, spouts his stupid assed shit, gets his ass kicked and goes back to the M forum with his tail tucked between his legs and complains about how liberal this side of the forum is.

Jesus.

Take your "Only net taxpayers should be able to vote" racist ass back to your safe place.
                The irony in it being that the M-forum exists pretty much entirely by the grace of Deb and the "liberal side of the forum."

The United States in microcosm, let me tell ya.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

The irony in it being that the M-forum exists pretty much entirely by the grace of Deb and the "liberal side of the forum."

The United States in microcosm, let me tell ya.
                  Naw, the misguided conservatives (and a couple of right minded libs) on the M side stepped up and donated about $500 to the forum over the last few days. They are as much a part of the forum as the Lions side.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Wow. Just how unpopular was Hillary then.
                    The Dems seriously underestimated how much Hillary was hated and she was truly hated. Almost as much as Trump was hated in 2020
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• But, but the rallies were Yuge!!!!!!!! How do you explain that?
                      Lions Fans.

Comment

80 million people supposedly voted for yer hero. More than any other prez. Also, he lost the first time around. Are you saying Biden is more popular than Obama or could there have been shenanigans
                        Obama's votes vs Biden's as a percentage of the population are 22.7 and 24.2 percent respectively. Only a 1.5 percent increase for biden. This isn't the major difference you think it is. McCain vs Trump 2020 was also a 1.5 percent increase. Turnout was up for the red team too, were they fake?

Comment

• Obviously election candidates are not allowed to get higher percentages than previous candidates in other elections. Duh! It's in the constidusion!!!!!!
                          Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Naw, the misguided conservatives (and a couple of right minded libs) on the M side stepped up and donated about $500 to the forum over the last few days. They are as much a part of the forum as the Lions side.
                            I stand corrected, then.

Comment

And who is this "he" is talking about that "lost the first time around?" Did I miss a piece of the conversation somewhere?
                              I asume he means Biden failing to win the Democratic nomination when he ran in 84 and 88. As if being the VP for a president Dems loved hasn't happened since then.

Comment

And who is this "he" is talking about that "lost the first time around?" Did I miss a piece of the conversation somewhere?
                                Well twice actually. 1988 and 2008 ran unsuccessfully for the presidential seat.

Comment

Working...
                                X