Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Politics - 2020 Presidential Election - GOP v Dem cage fight (ENTER AT YOUR PERIL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Iron Lion View Post

What is it they were chanting?
    Umm….who fucking cares?

Because Pence was no where near being in any danger at any time….and if he would have been cornered, his armed secret service detail would have opened fire on the protesters who were armed with a man in a buffalo costume.

4 secret service guys with MP5s would have made one hell of a dent in the “dangerous insurrection”.

The plot to this media created “insurrection” on Jan 6th….seems to be loosely based on the plot of the movie Convoy (at least where realism is concerned).

Comment

• *sigh*

Alamy_A14A69-c-29b8790.jpg
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• BTW….at many of the Floyd protests, attendees chanted “pigs in a blanket fry ‘‘em like bacon”….

I didn’t take this literally either….should I have? Is cannibalism of police officers a thing?

Comment

• Pence was so secure and trusting that he refused to get in the secret service limo during the riot. That's another fact we learned from the investigation. It seems like that was pretty pertinent.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            Pence was so secure and trusting that he refused to get in the secret service limo during the riot. That's another fact we learned from the investigation. It seems like that was pretty pertinent.
            You’ll note that Pence refused the limo because he was plenty secure right where he was. The decision to stay was about optics (and the fact that he was in ZERO danger).

If Pence would have been in real danger….he wouldn’t have been given a choice by the SS, they’d have picked him up and carried him if they had to.

Comment

• Nick - do you think the fake electors scheme was a righteous thing for the GOP to do? Should that not be investigated? Are you going to vote for some election deniers?

Comment

• I think I've said enough on January 6th. It is essential that it gets investigated, the damning proof has almost exclusively came from Republican officials and staffers. This should not be a partisan issue. Both left and right should want this investigation and they should want this reckless shit after an election to be ended. When you lose an election, you should concede you lost the election and you should move on. Hopefully there is never a next time where some poor loser doesn't conceded and tries to overturn the election , but if there is, it might come from some demagogue from the left. It is in everybody's interests to stamp this out now.

Comment

Do you think election deniers deserve to get votes for office? Do you think it's good all of these election deniers are.on the ballot?
                  Any American has the right to question the outcome of any election. Period. Tracking and "investigating" deniers like MyPillow guy is what is dangerous to this country.

At the end of the day Americans will have a choice of whether they believe what the deniers claim. That would be both the Dem deniers and the Rep deniers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post

Umm….who fucking cares?

Because Pence was no where near being in any danger at any time….and if he would have been cornered, his armed secret service detail would have opened fire on the protesters who were armed with a man in a buffalo costume.

4 secret service guys with MP5s would have made one hell of a dent in the “dangerous insurrection”.

The plot to this media created “insurrection” on Jan 6th….seems to be loosely based on the plot of the movie Convoy (at least where realism is concerned).
                    Cow goes moo. Pig goes oink. MAGA goes hang Mike Pence. It's not complicated. Why are you unable to answer a aimple question?
                    "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                    Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

Any American has the right to question the outcome of any election. Period. Tracking and "investigating" deniers like MyPillow guy is what is dangerous to this country.

At the end of the day Americans will have a choice of whether they believe what the deniers claim. That would be both the Dem deniers and the Rep deniers.
                      Americans have the right to question, sure. They don't have the right to constantly make false accusations about elections and be an agent in overturning one. THAT is what is getting the MyPillow guy in trouble. He's had ample opportunity to prove his claims or at least offer even the thinnest shred of evidence. That he refuses to under oath in a court of law (again, despite repeated opportunities to do so), then promptly going back out in public and repeat the same false accusations is what is getting him "tracked." His potential role in the Jan. 6 insurrection is what's getting him investigated.

I know conservatives like you hate facing consequences for your own actions, but too bad. Go to bed, old man.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                        That he refuses to under oath in a court of law (again, despite repeated opportunities to do so), then promptly going back out in public and repeat the same false accusations is what is getting him "tracked."
                        Lol that reminds me. Steve Bannon goes on trial for refusing to testify before Congress, then says outside the courthouse that he is being silenced. You can't make this shit up. And the MAGA people slurp it up. What a clown show.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Lion View Post

Cow goes moo. Pig goes oink. MAGA goes hang Mike Pence. It's not complicated. Why are you unable to answer a stupid question?
                          FIFY

Comment

• Ok, call it a stupid question. Doesn't change the fact that you seem incapable of answering it.

The simple reality is that they wanted Pence out of the picture. Why? Because they wanted him to acknowledge fake electors so that the votes go back to the state reps where the GOP had the majority. It's quite simple. It's been laid out on national television by top-level Trumpers. They wanted to reverse the election. We all know this. The MAGA people knew it. They wanted Pence to play his role. When he didn't, they stormed the Capitol. What part of this is not getting through? The fact that they failed to overthrow the government doesn't mean they didn't attempt an insurrection. It just means their attempt failed. It can't be any more obvious. Pence, you go change what the vote was, or we come in there and sit in your seat and do it for you.

Oh but what about the riots. What about the CHAZers. Let me break some news to you. We aren't supporting riots or CHAZers. I don't know who you think is supporting that stuff. The very fact that MAGA people bitch about CNN dishonestly referring to it as "mostly peaceful" means they KNOW that the libs DO NOT AGREE with violence. If the libs agreed with the riots, then CNN would feed them the violence narrative. Libs don't like that stuff, so CNN is feeding them a narrative they prefer. So to then go on and say we support riots and CHAZ is absolutely fuckin dishonest. If you think the law is politicizing shit and not prosecuting them, then what the fuck is Matt Gaetz doing when it's quite clear he had sex with underage girls, and even paid them money and flew them over state lines to do so? If the FBI is so political, why's he still not indicted? Why did the FBI plant evidence on Hillary right before the election? Oh sorry, I'm not sure how stupid this conversation has gotten yet. The FBI did publicly investigate her right before the presidential election. Yeah, the FBI is clearly on Team Dem.

Fuckin bonkers.
                            Last edited by Iron Lion; September 20, 2022, 05:19 PM.

Comment

I think I've said enough on January 6th. It is essential that it gets investigated, the damning proof has almost exclusively came from Republican officials and staffers. This should not be a partisan issue. Both left and right should want this investigation and they should want this reckless shit after an election to be ended. When you lose an election, you should concede you lost the election and you should move on. Hopefully there is never a next time where some poor loser doesn't conceded and tries to overturn the election , but if there is, it might come from some demagogue from the left. It is in everybody's interests to stamp this out now.
                              So sanctimonious are you dems. What do you think would have happened if Trump won. If I'm not mistaken, there were threats from high officials like Hillary and Pelosi that they wouldn't take a loss sitting down and would fight to the end. Very instigated language. Considering all the protests and riots everyone had to deal with for half a year, it was certainly possible things could have gotten ugly. It's easy when you win and act all sincere. When you lose you act like a petulant little brat. I know it, you know it. Well, you won and the country, frankly had to, because even many conservative pundits were saying the country couldn't take any more Trump for fear of retaliation from the left.

Comment

• What would have happened if Trump won? Other than more irreparable damage to the country, the day that the votes were counted and certified, Biden would have conceded because he is not a egotistical jackass that would do anything to stay in power.

Conservative pundits were trying to scare people with fantasy? Who'd a thunk it?
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X