Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Politics - 2020 Presidential Election - GOP v Dem cage fight (ENTER AT YOUR PERIL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by klondike View Post
    When you lose you act like a petulant little brat.
    🤣🤡🙈🦇💩🐂💩🔒🍊⬆
    "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
    Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Hillary Clinton lost to Trump and conceded the loss the same night. There was no fake elector scheme, Hillary didn't call on a mob to march on the Capitol to fight like hell. She moved on, Obama attemded at Donald Trump's Inauguration.

It should not be considered sanctimonious to say you shouldn't sack the Capitol to try and overturn an election you clearly lost. He clearly lost.. What they did has never been done before. All sides, left, right or ceter should agree that that nonsense should never happen again. If you think that is sanctimonious, it's more of a reflection on you than me.

Comment

• I mean, Trump did win once, Hillary Clinton conceded. Some loudly objected for sure, some legal questions pursued but their leader conceded, that's important. Biden would have conceded. Trump egging on the bullshit is the majority of the problem. There is no doubt in my mind that if he had conceded and accepted defeat Jan 6th does not happen.

Comment

• Most presidents who fail t win a second term become persona non grata to a party for a good long time.

Comment

• On another note, it's important to look at why people are angry in a given situation. Not that it forgives bad actors but it's important to know to see if change needs to happen to prevent it in the future.

The CHAZ scenario and the 6th are both awful. The difference though is one happened due to a very real murder caught on tap putting fresh light on an ongoing problem. The other happened due to a perceived problem that wasn't actually a problem and a narcissist unable to accept that he lost.

Both were bad things. The what about game is played out. Both groups had peaceful protest over the same issues and that's important to note but it doesn't forgive bad actors.

Comment

• It's not even clear to me what the fraud allegations actually are. What is it, that Trump won Ohio but lost, and the winner of Ohio usually wins the electoral college or has a long streak of doing so? I mean, is that literally it?

If the Dominion machines are the issue then how did the hand counts confirm the machine count? Why would you rig the machines to give Biden like a 1.2x and Trump a 0.8x only to then manually make it so that the actual ballots confirm what was counted by the machine? If you're doctoring the ballots or throwing Trump ballots away and making fake Biden ballots, why on earth alter the code of the Dominion machines? It is a completely unnecessary and complicating step.

Comment

• None of it holds water. It is nothing more than the ranting of a madman to mindless rubes who eat it up
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• That's kinda what happens when you have five different conspiracy theories running concurrently.

Comment

• Free advice for Donald Drumph and all the poor persecuted MAGA idiots:

liar liar stop breaking the law asshole GIF by Jerology
                    Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• The left are so rude. (Most). No wonder fence sitters and Independents are likely to vote red. If you ever went to a MAGA Trump rally you would never see more a nicer group of folks. Never a problem or skirmish. Even with protesters. To my knowledge, there never has been.. Some here could take lessons on how to behave from them. Arrogant bunch are the dems.. and why does the President fear those MAGA types so much. Most of the non Dems or Rep.( Libertarian or Volunteer)I know, think of the Jan 6. to be a joke of an inserection. It was bad but not nearly the horrible thing the dems are making out to be.
                      Last edited by klondike; September 21, 2022, 08:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                        Free advice for Donald Drumph and all the poor persecuted MAGA idiots:

liar liar stop breaking the law asshole GIF by Jerology
                        Do you say the same when the liberal mob riots and burns out small businesses in the name of “social justice”?

My problem isn’t that they punished the Jan 6th idiots…as much as not punishing anyone related to CHAZ. Punish none or punish both….

Because it starts to look like political prosecution (because it is)….and to a nihilist like me, only prosecuting protesters on one side of the political spectrum is about a half a step from re-education camps.

Comment

• John McGraw, 78, was charged with assault and disorderly conduct in connection to the incident.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post

Do you say the same when the liberal mob riots and burns out small businesses in the name of “social justice”?

My problem isn’t that they punished the Jan 6th idiots…as much as not punishing anyone related to CHAZ. Punish none or punish both….

Because it starts to look like political prosecution (because it is)….and to a nihilist like me, only prosecuting protesters on one side of the political spectrum is about a half a step from re-education camps.
                            So when "Freemen" took over a Federal nature reserve, and were allowed to largely walk away without punishment... that didn't happen? Do you think it's "fake news" or something? When Cliven Bundy and his family armed themselves and took cattle onto Federal land to graze then dared the government to stop them, and the result of that was what amounted to some minor fines... that didn't really happen either? More crisis actors, or something?

This government has frequently showed restraint when mobs of civilians have protested, and their political inclination hasn't mattered. It would seem that the Feds have learned their lessons after PR disasters in Ruby Ridge and Waco for once. It hasn't showed the exact same restraint here because the ineffective mob (and yes, it was an ineffective mob despite some GOP operatives and Proud Boys that tried to whip it up into something coherent) stormed the Capitol building trying to disrupt the electoral process. That you refuse to acknowledge there's a marked difference between that and prior protests doesn't mean their isn't.

And even in this case, the US Government has shown a ton more restraint than pretty much any other country would in this scenario. Just about anywhere else, we wouldn't be talking about prosecution. We'd be looking back on the mass execution of anyone who set foot inside the capitol and if that might have been a little disproportionate.
                            Last edited by chemiclord; September 21, 2022, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• The degree of ineffectiveness of the mob has a lot to do with Eugene Goodman using a trick out of the three stooges to lead the mob in the wrong way.

Comment

• Originally posted by klondike View Post
                                The left are so rude. (Most). No wonder fence sitters and Independents are likely to vote red. If you ever went to a MAGA Trump rally you would never see more a nicer group of folks. Never a problem or skirmish. Even with protesters. To my knowledge, there never has been.. Some here could take lessons on how to behave from them. Arrogant bunch are the dems.. and why does the President fear those MAGA types so much. Most of the non Dems or Rep.( Libertarian or Volunteer)I know, think of the Jan 6. to be a joke of an inserection. It was bad but not nearly the horrible thing the dems are making out to be.
                                Very fine people on both sides

Comment

Working...
                                X