Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Politics - 2020 Presidential Election - GOP v Dem cage fight (ENTER AT YOUR PERIL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

So when "Freemen" took over a Federal nature reserve, and were allowed to largely walk away without punishment... that didn't happen? Do you think it's "fake news" or something? When Cliven Bundy and his family armed themselves and took cattle onto Federal land to graze then dared the government to stop them, and the result of that was what amounted to some minor fines... that didn't really happen either? More crisis actors, or something?

This government has frequently showed restraint when mobs of civilians have protested, and their political inclination hasn't mattered. It would seem that the Feds have learned their lessons after PR disasters in Ruby Ridge and Waco for once. It hasn't showed the exact same restraint here because the ineffective mob (and yes, it was an ineffective mob despite some GOP operatives and Proud Boys that tried to whip it up into something coherent) stormed the Capitol building trying to disrupt the electoral process. That you refuse to acknowledge there's a marked difference between that and prior protests doesn't mean their isn't.

And even in this case, the US Government has shown a ton more restraint than pretty much any other country would in this scenario. Just about anywhere else, we wouldn't be talking about prosecution. We'd be looking back on the mass execution of anyone who set foot inside the capitol and if that might have been a little disproportionate.
    Yeah, it's not like that "fine person" (Trump's words) who drove over a crowd. Or those "fine people" (again Trump's words) with the tiki torches. At some point you are what you fight for.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by klondike View Post
      The left are so rude. (Most). No wonder fence sitters and Independents are likely to vote red. If you ever went to a MAGA Trump rally you would never see more a nicer group of folks. Never a problem or skirmish. Even with protesters. To my knowledge, there never has been.. Some here could take lessons on how to behave from them. Arrogant bunch are the dems.. and why does the President fear those MAGA types so much. Most of the non Dems or Rep.( Libertarian or Volunteer)I know, think of the Jan 6. to be a joke of an inserection. It was bad but not nearly the horrible thing the dems are making out to be.
      We can't all be as kind as Orange Jesus, MTG, Boebert and all the rest of your heroes.

Sure, January 6th was not successful. The fake electors was not successful. The attempt is the crime. It is a horrible thing. And treasonous. Your argument is like.... 'Sure he tried to steal the car... but c'mon, he crashed it. It's not like he can still drive it around'.
      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• I tried to rob a bank. I didn't get any money, They should let me go
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• One of my childhood friends got sent to prison for a few years, while he was in the joint he learned a technique to rob banks. He would go into the bank with only a slip of paper to hand to the teller saying, "I am robbing your bank, please give me all your money." When he eventually got caught, they still sent him to prison.

Comment

• But he said "please"
            "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
            Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              One of my childhood friends got sent to prison for a few years, while he was in the joint he learned a technique to rob banks. He would go into the bank with only a slip of paper to hand to the teller saying, "I am robbing your bank, please give me all your money." When he eventually got caught, they still sent him to prison.
              Is your buddy Jack Foley?

Comment

• No my buddy wasn't as cool as Jack Foley, I don't think they needed a top agent like Karen Sisco to catch him. The banks he robbed were all within 5 miles of where we lived. I have so many stories about this guy.

But the key to the paper slip gimmick was it wasn't armed robbery.

Comment

• Shit I'ma try this. BRB in 15-Life.
                  "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                  Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Every few years I check to see if he is incarcerated, last I checked he was a free man.

Comment

• Amy Cooper, the "Central Park Karen" that falsely accused a African American male bird watcher of threatening her on the very same day George Floyd was killed by Derek Chauvin, loses her lawsuit against her former employer.

Good.

Her false accusations could've ended with the guy in New York just as dead as George Floyd.
                      "I hope to see the Lions in the Super Bowl before I die"
                      My friend Ken L

Comment

The left are so rude. (Most). No wonder fence sitters and Independents are likely to vote red. If you ever went to a MAGA Trump rally you would never see more a nicer group of folks. Never a problem or skirmish. Even with protesters. To my knowledge, there never has been.. Some here could take lessons on how to behave from them. Arrogant bunch are the dems.. and why does the President fear those MAGA types so much. Most of the non Dems or Rep.( Libertarian or Volunteer)I know, think of the Jan 6. to be a joke of an inserection. It was bad but not nearly the horrible thing the dems are making out to be.
                        Nicer group of folks? What could be nicer than a bunch of racist terrorists cheering for violence.

Comment

• Yeah. Nice. Like I said has there ever been anything but positive vibes from any of the Trump rallies. I mean thousand upon thousands and nary an unpleasant moment. No riots no burning buildings no killings or police killing and maiming... those threats were the worst you got? Dem riots over 100's Rep. riots 1. Hmmm who's leading in the violent protests if you're keeping score.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

Yeah, it's not like that "fine person" (Trump's words) who drove over a crowd. Or those "fine people" (again Trump's words) with the tiki torches. At some point you are what you fight for.
                            If Trump had an overdue library book or a parking ticket, We would all know it right now. Has there ever been someone so scrutinized with so little to show for it..

Comment

• 170812092920-03-charlottesville-white-supremacists-0811-restricted-super-tease.jpg
                              Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

If you honestly believe what you're saying then thanks, I guess, for admitting your ignorance and destroying your own credibility.

Comment

Working...
                                X