Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Politics - 2020 Presidential Election - GOP v Dem cage fight (ENTER AT YOUR PERIL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ladies and gentlemen. The President of the United States.
    I'm not going to sugar coat it. If you believe that ANTIFA bullshit, you should not be allowed to breed let alone vote.

103583999_10158261686917095_5228771288603241640_n.jpg
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

I think Biden and Trump are both trying their best to lose the election. Would a sane person really want the job?

Comment

Both are trying to stir up "their base," whatever they have deemed that is.

Trying to appeal to a greater segment of the audience has proven to be a fool's errand.

Comment

Trump boosting the economy is a fools argument. Anyone can pass a beyond ridiculous tax cut to boost the economy if they are willing to be completely irresponsible about the effects of defunding important things. Fuck the environment, Fuck the health of the people, Fuck education for the poor. We got a few hundred more bucks in our pockets right. This idea that the Economy is the premier example of what makes a successful country is so narrow minded. Yep America is rich, We are also dumb, unhealthy and fat with massive Civil issues.
          Last edited by JGSpartan; June 9, 2020, 07:19 PM.

Comment

All I know is the only reason Trump was elected is because enough people feared the alternative (no way they were doing 4 years of Hillary).
            4 years later and the best the Dem's can come up with is Biden? Seriously?
            Fuck me running, this is like voting for an oral Ghost pepper enema vs having a fire fighter hose shoved up your patoot and opened full throttle.

Comment

Asking genuinely, (don’t do the Facebook or twatter thing) but is there ANY chance at all that that was someone else being Trump? Can this be done?
              The stuff we read that he apparently posts seems unbelievable. POTUS is without doubt the most important job in the world, ..... and...... he’s just an absolute Fucking bellend? 🤷‍♂️
              "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

~ H. L. Mencken

Comment

President Trump retweets attack on NFL for “dividing America”

Posted by Mike Florio on June 9, 2020, 8:48 PM EDT

Getty Images

The loose cease-fire between the NFL and the 45th President of the United States regarding the national anthem ended on Friday, and the battle has seen several volleys in the four days since then. Lost in the furor over the current rock-bottom tweet from Donald Trump — an attack on an elderly man who was knocked to the ground by Buffalo police and bled from the ear and has been hospitalized ever since — is the fact that he threw another log onto the renewed conflagration with the National Football League.

On Tuesday morning, the President retweeted this message from the chair of the American Conservative Union: “I will never buy another NFL ticket until they go back to playing football and stop dividing America.”

So who’s dividing America? The NFL, or the man whose former Secretary of Defense said last week that (wait for it . . . keep waiting . . . wait a little longer) HE’S DIVIDING AMERICA.

Players in the National Football League, most of whom are black, are reacting to recent events, events that underscore the message Colin Kaepernick tried to send in 2016. A message for which he sacrificed his career. A conscientious, peaceful protest aimed at waking America up to police brutality against minorities doesn’t amount to “dividing America.” Those who twist peaceful protests protected by the Constitution into political theater (by, for example, showing up at an NFL game where protests are expected to happen and then storming out and wasting more than 300,000 taxpayer dollars in the process) are dividing America.

I realize that plenty of you continue to double, triple, quadruple, and umpteenuple down because it’s hard to admit, “I was wrong.” But the evidence has become an avalanche; you’ve been played for nearly half of a decade by unscrupulous, opportunistic politicians, their enablers, and foreign elements intent on sowing chaos and division in American. And you’re still being played. And they think you’re too dumb to figure it out.

Will people object to this sentiment? Absolutely. And in this moment I frankly do not care. The world has changed in the last 15 days. The time for confronting hard truths is here. And the hardest truth of all is the tapestry of untruths that has been hiding in plain sight since he rode down a golden escalator nearly five years ago to the day.
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                    Asking genuinely, (don’t do the Facebook or twatter thing) but is there ANY chance at all that that was someone else being Trump? Can this be done?
                    The stuff we read that he apparently posts seems unbelievable. POTUS is without doubt the most important job in the world, ..... and...... he’s just an absolute Fucking bellend? 🤷‍♂️
                    No. Sadly this is true. And even more sad is the fact that people still support this stupid piece of shit. It's like a fucking cult. Nothing he does can change their mind.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Welcome to America. Where people get so locked in on a single issue that anyone can become President.
                      TBH, if you ran for President as an Independent right now you should theoretically have a better chance of getting elected than either of these two buffoons. Al you'd need to say is that Hibernians suck hairy balls. Can you take one for the team? Please?

Comment

Saying that Democrats eat their own children and hypothesizing that an old man pushed over by the police was an ANTIFA false flag is stuff that would make Alex Jones blush.

Comment

Not to split hairs, Fraq, but Hibernians do suck hairy balls. They’re a Maltese team.

My independent party would see the “Half day Friday, off on Monday” policy. I’d be decorating that Oval Office before Election Day. Sorted.
                          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Not to split hairs, Fraq, but Hibernians do suck hairy balls. They’re a Maltese team.

My independent party would see the “Half day Friday, off on Monday” policy. I’d be decorating that Oval Office before Election Day. Sorted.
                            HIRED!!!!!
                            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Poll finds most Americans OK with players kneeling

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 11, 2020, 2:59 PM EDT

Getty Images

NFL players who kneel during the national anthem this season will have the backing of most Americans.

That’s the finding of a Yahoo News/YouGov poll, which found that 52 percent of Americans answered yes to the question, “Is it OK for NFL players to kneel during the national anthem to protest police killings of African Americans?” The poll found 36 percent of Americans answered no and the rest were not sure.

This poll shows a significant increase in support for players kneeling compared to the last time the question was asked. In 2018, another Yahoo News/YouGov poll found only 35 percent agreed with kneeling to protest.

Democrats are much more likely than Republicans to be OK with players protesting: 77 percent of Democrats said they were OK with it, compared to only 20 percent of Republicans. Protesters have the support of 77 percent of blacks, 57 percent of Hispanics and 47 percent of whites. Americans age 18-29 are strongly supportive, with 68 percent saying they support the protesters, while only 36 percent of Americans over 65 support the protests.

The increase of support comes after NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell acknowledged that the league had not done enough to support its players’ protests. This poll suggests that the majority of Americans will be glad the NFL has come around to supporting its players.

Comment

I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Working...
                                X