Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Politics - 2020 Presidential Election - GOP v Dem cage fight (ENTER AT YOUR PERIL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
    We are stuck in extremist viewpoints from both sides and for people who may be more liberal on social issues but conservative on government and fiscal issues there really are no political representation for them.
    I wish we could delete both parties and just start over honestly. Staunch liberals and conservatives are just insufferable. Moderate conservatives and liberals are fine, you know, the ones with level heads who can agree to disagree and sit down and have respectful, rational, mature dialogue. But the far end of the spectrum ones who obsess over politics from the second they wake up and attack each other constantly -- they're a cancer to this country.
    AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
      Can't have a constructive conversation about this. The conservative side doesn't speak the same language as the rest of the country, or live in reality.

They are entitled to their own opinion. But these days, they live in a world where they feel entitled to their own facts. We have all heard about 'alternative facts'. And 'the truth is not the truth'.

Might as well close the thread.
      As someone who is no fans of conservatives either -- I think this same exact statement can apply just as much, if not more so to today's liberals.

Comment

Fake News!!!!!!
        Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

Originally posted by Niffla View Post

As someone who is no fans of conservatives either -- I think this same exact statement can apply just as much, if not more so to today's liberals.
          There are definitely a lot of bad faith actors on the left, that's true. But I have generally found those groups (like militant leftists) continue to be on the outside looking in when it comes to control of the party, as opposed to the GOP who are nigh wholly controlled by the kooks at this point.

Comment

Yeah you may be right. All I know is there seems to be waaaayyyy more far right and far left people these days. And the thing I notice with those who are staunch (of either side) is that they can no longer be reasoned with. And their top tactic is to just attack and dehumanize the other side. Lots of really immature name calling. The type of stuff that should be reserved for children. Not adults. I have staunch supporters of both sides within my family and my group of friends -- and they all do this. They simply can't discuss anything political without constantly taking derogatory shots about how stupid the other side is.

I just feel like as a society we need to be able to sit down at the same table and discuss things maturely and respectfully. Even in disagreement. Otherwise the personal attacks are just fighting fire with fire and that will lead nowhere. Heck if anything it moves us backwards.

When we were children we were taught that adults are different. Mature. Respectful. Agree to disagree. But in reality so many of us are children in adult bodies. Look I know it's pretty much fantasy to expect that these two parties (and their bases) will get along and be best buds...but man they really have to try and come to some sort of middle ground because things are just completely out of control. I'm certainly the furthest thing from an expert but what I do know is hating one another isn't the way.

Comment

I wish we could delete both parties and just start over honestly. Staunch liberals and conservatives are just insufferable. Moderate conservatives and liberals are fine, you know, the ones with level heads who can agree to disagree and sit down and have respectful, rational, mature dialogue. But the far end of the spectrum ones who obsess over politics from the second they wake up and attack each other constantly -- they're a cancer to this country.
              From a Canadian who admittedly knows very little about politics, this might be my favorite all-time post on the subject
              WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

Originally posted by Forsh View Post

From a Canadian who admittedly knows very little about politics, this might be my favorite all-time post on the subject
                Thank U GIF

Comment

When we were children we were taught that adults are different. Mature. Respectful. Agree to disagree. But in reality so many of us are children in adult bodies. Look I know it's pretty much fantasy to expect that these two parties (and their bases) will get along and be best buds...but man they really have to try and come to some sort of middle ground because things are just completely out of control. I'm certainly the furthest thing from an expert but what I do know is hating one another isn't the way.
                  I remember the time when you didn't know the political opinions of your 3rd grade classmates. In fact you probably didn't know the political opinions of your cousins and great uncles. Things have changed so much with social media and you're bombarded with these opinions and memes and constant slanted talking points and it's too much. It's difficult to stay respectful when you see opinions based on the lies of an idiot. At least for me 😄

I usually tend to keep my political opinions to myself. I'm not all that involved in politics. I just believe what I believe. But recently I just feel like it's too much and so I speak up here and there.
                  #birdsarentreal

Comment

Yep. We have come to a point where one's conscience can't be ignored. Cuz, we have to live with ourselves.

Maybe that is the one positive thing out of 2020, if there is one. As tribal as our society has become, it sort of had to happen - to not let stupid go unchecked. But I will say the current 'regime' is not an innocent bystander in the problems from division amongst our countrymen. It sure is curious to think who a weaker divided USA benefits, though.

Very good friend of mine a few nights ago was telling me 'All lives matter. I don't see any difference. I got arrested as a teenager cuz of a pocketknife, blah blah blah, cops fuck with me too.' (dear lord - yeah same thing) Then proceeded to tell me he thinks 'the Coronavirus is fake. Have you ever met anyone who had it? But I'm not a conspiracy guy or anything.' We are still friends, but I called all that shit out.
                    Last edited by dpatnod; July 2, 2020, 10:10 PM.
                    Lions Fans.

Comment

They are playing us against each other. Our leaders are all corrupt. We pick a side based on upbringing and personal beliefs but the fact is most of us don't really fit into one particular group. Be smart. Listen to others beliefs.Respect others. Deep down we all want basically the same things, I'm sure of it.

If you don't agree...Fuck off.

Comment

Listen to others. But also listen to truth. You know it when you hear it. C'mon.

Errrr.... Fuck you too.
                        Lions Fans.

Comment

Well, every moron has a voice now. I think that gets overlooked in the grand scheme of things. With Social media, these far out thoughts gain traction. It’s very easy to manipulate info, and some people simply buy it.

You just can’t live and breathe the 24/7 cycle. Find various sources and stay informed, but you have to let shit play out.

I would suggest everyone to get off social, but that isn’t going to happen. It’s all about having conversation. That’s been lost of late.

Comment

I think the US started fracturing with the hanging chads and Bush v Gore. Obama was a centrist and a decent President but kicked off the tea party movement. Trump has divided the country almost beyond recognition.

The fact that he gladly tweeted out SENIORS screaming at each other in golf buggies including one shouting “White power” shows how divided the country has become. Such a scene would be totally unthinkable at any other time I can remember in US history, along partisan lines - never mind the white supremacist angle which is a whole new level.

America is stronger united than divided in such a way and I hope you send Trump to the dustbin of history in November. I have the say I have found the whole Presidency ridiculously entertaining from afar but when shit gets real it stops being funny.

Comment

If it wasn't for the U.S. in the war, you'd all be speaking English.

Keep sticking your nose in, we'll make Mexico build a wall in the Atlantic.
                              Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

I’m here to teach you proper English. The Queen’s English.

If this carries on I’m afraid we’re gonna have to come back in and run it properly!

Comment

Working...
                                X