Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Politics - 2020 Presidential Election - GOP v Dem cage fight (ENTER AT YOUR PERIL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaslighting is actually when someone tries to get you to question reality or your sanity.
    He did neither. He just didn’t like your opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Lion View Post
      Gaslighting behavior is saying that you should be religiously exempt from taxes because of your belief in a religion which tells you to pay taxes.
      No man…gaslighting is when you pretend the other person is just crazy/stupid for presenting an opinion differing from you own, oblivious to whether the person made a good argument/point.

I have no problems when people disagree with me…but when people say I”m “stupid” for presenting a point I know is on point (yet, inconvenient for your point of view) you’re the idiot here.

Democrats and republicans are both fucking idiots from my view. And politics hasn’t changed since they stabbed Cesar on the senate floor.

Comment

• Presenting people as communists is right out of the red hat playbook.

Comment

• Wcfwtf is correct. Gaslighting isn't as simple as discounting someone else's opinion as crazy. It means you are convincing someone to doubt their own reality. The term really needs to die in political conversations because it's almost never used correctly. There's an element of abuse to it that just isn't often existent in political conversation.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            Presenting people as communists is right out of the red hat playbook.
            But when people present the the communist playbook as an opinion…….it’s an appropriate response.

I know you people try to portray me as right-wing…but I couldn’t be more middle of the road. And you liberals scare me….like the conservatives scared me in the early 2,000s…you’re all so fucking certain you’re right and that you know what’s best for everyone.

As a nihilist I might hate everyone’s opinion….but I sure as hell respect your right to have it……This is where I depart from liberal philosophy

Comment

• Who the hell has presented the "communist playbook" as an opinion here?

Either you are seeing posters no one else here is, or you don't quite understand what "communism" actually is.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                Geezer says: I want to point out again that no one on this forum has said that they do not receive a government check as income. That's the reality of the Progs here.

I really hope I am misunderstanding your point here. As if the lack of assertion about a government check proves anything? 🙄
                All you have to do is to affirm that you are not getting a government check as welfare of income. How about you Deb? Do you take money from the government?

Comment

• Again:

1) It is absolutely none of your business.

2) We don't answer to you.

3) Just because you lack general human empathy doesn't mean others do.​

You have this obsession with other people's personal lives (like where I went to school for example), that is getting on the disturbing side. People don't have to answer your questions. You're free to make assumptions based on those lack of answers, I suppose, but I suspect you'd find some way to rationalize it regardless.
                  Last edited by chemiclord; September 25, 2022, 05:56 PM.

Comment

• He's a bad person, just put him on ignore and it is an improvement to this forum.
                    Last edited by froot loops; September 25, 2022, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                      Geezer says: I want to point out again that no one on this forum has said that they do not receive a government check as income. That's the reality of the Progs here.

I really hope I am misunderstanding your point here. As if the lack of assertion about a government check proves anything? 🙄
                      You aren't misunderstanding hom Deb. This is a guy that believes teachers should be paid minimum wage.
                      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                        They don't pay taxes because of separation of church and state.

Of course, that's the only aspect of that separation that conservatives believe in. They absolutely want the church to dictate how everyone else lives their life. Because they want to be left alone, while refusing to leave anyone else alone.

They are the modern day Pharisees. If you actually read Jesus Christ's teachings, you'd see everything he despises and warns against in the modern GOP.
                        So you're saying Jesus would have supported abortion and homosexuality?

Comment

• Originally posted by kdk2002 View Post

So you're saying Jesus would have supported abortion and homosexuality?
                          I think it's hard to say as Christ doesn't address one at all (pretty much all the religious law on abortion can only be inferred from the Old Testament, which as I had laid out earlier in this thread probably isn't a good gauge on the topic at all), and rather vaguely on homosexuality. Only the Book of Matthew really mentions it at all, and it's delivered in the context of infidelity, which really only would say that he finds cheating on your spouse with someone of the same gender is just as abhorrent as any adultery. At the very least generous, the only conclusion you can draw from the text is that he considers it a sin, which shouldn't mean much if you're an Evangelical (after all, you were predestined to be saved regardless of your sins in life, and I have yet to find too many Evangelicals that particularly go out of their way to try and not sin).

The Apostle Paul has a lot more to say on the topic, and it is his letters that shape much of the Christian opinion on homosexuality. How valid that is really depends on how much weight you put in Paul's teachings (I, for example, reject pretty much most of Paul's teachings as a pompous, arrogant bigot who co-opted Christianity with his own hangups rather than a purveyor of any divine wisdom).

Personally? I think Christ would be largely indifferent to homosexuality considering he was largely indifferent about it during his life. In regards to abortion, I have no idea, because he offers absolutely no guidance on that score.
                          Last edited by chemiclord; September 25, 2022, 11:44 PM.

Comment

• Numbers chapter 5 is pro abortion, but not pro choice. If a woman is suspected of cheating, she is forced to drink a magical potion which will cause her no harm if she is innocent, or will cause her to become permanently barren if she cheated. If the adultery resulted in a pregnancy, and if a pregnant woman is magically rendered barren, that is an abortion.
                            "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                            Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post

No man…gaslighting is when you pretend the other person is just crazy/stupid for presenting an opinion differing from you own, oblivious to whether the person made a good argument/point.

I have no problems when people disagree with me…but when people say I”m “stupid” for presenting a point I know is on point (yet, inconvenient for your point of view) you’re the idiot here.

Democrats and republicans are both fucking idiots from my view. And politics hasn’t changed since they stabbed Cesar on the senate floor.
                              Out of fear of a vaccine mandate, my MAGA parents told me to say that the vaccine goes against my sincerely held beliefs. Well, guess what, the church paying taxes cannot be against your sincerely held beliefs if you're a Christian. This is how logic works.

And no one believes this "I'm a libertarian" BS. My dad has only ever voted GOP his entire life, and says he's not a Republican but rather a libertarian.
                              "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                              Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

Oh, I see no one other than JG has spoken up to say they do not get money from the government. If you rob Peter to pay Paul you can count on Paul's vote.
                                I have worked with the same company the last 19 years. Not the same position - but the same company. I do not get any money from the government. Prior to that, I worked for myself, I worked for some other places for years-long stretches. Since I was 15 I have worked.

So kindly fuck off.

And I mean that in the good Christian way.
                                Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

Working...
                                X