Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Politics - 2020 Presidential Election - GOP v Dem cage fight (ENTER AT YOUR PERIL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

Gender dysphoria is a really harmful psychological disorder. Harmful to the person and harmful to the family. It can be treated in some cases. But in our woke world, those with dysphoria are considered an oppressed class and as such we have to do everything we can to accommodate them. I happen to believe all the gender-reassignment surgery going on for children under 18 is the very definition of child abuse. But the Woke Overlords rule.
    Take out the words Gender dysphoria, dysphoria put in Homosexuality and delete woke. You have the same damn boilerplate argument used for decades against gay people.
    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Guys, am I going to prison for fraud? Because one time my boss brought donuts to work for everyone. I had some but didn't claim it on my taxes as income.
      "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
      Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• You’re fine. The centre of the donut is tax free.
        (thats center for Jaadam)
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Geezer said: Our AG said that teachers should be required to put on Drag Queen Story Hours for grades K-3.

Then you linked to a quote that was made sarcastically that didn't even mention "Story Hour." She obviously didn't say what you claimed she did.

Here's MY link: Dana Nessel jokingly calls for ‘drag queen for every school.’ GOP not laughing. | Bridge Michigan​​

So, how about you agree to stop saying things that are false?
          #birdsarentreal

Comment

I used the phrase "teachers are paid..." If you believe health insurance is not part of their payment, that is your perspective. What would you say if I made the argument that teachers should not be afforded health insurance because "that doesn't change their pay at all..." You would be all over me.

Your perspective on "paid" is best defined as salary. Mine is from the point of view of an employer. Again, health insurance looks far different if you are signing the front of the paycheck than if you are signing the back. Half the country doesn't get a paycheck, per se.

As I've said, you often instruct me. Why in the world would anyone vote for the total shitshow we have in this country if they are not either on welfare or working for the government? I'd be interested to know your motivation.
            Again, I've already addressed how you are wrong. I realize you are used to "alternative facts," but health benefits are not part of someone's pay no matter whose perspective you are speaking on. If you can't admit that your statement is incorrect, perhaps by clarifying it to say "I meant their overall pay plus benefits," then I don't know how to continue engaging with you.

As to voting for the "total shitshow," Biden is not who I voted for in the primaries. Unfortunately, he was the only viable candidate left once November rolled around. The GOP should have nominated someone else, they probably would have won.
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

How much money does the average teacher spend on school supplies?
              Since 2015, AdoptAClassroom.org has published one of the more popular surveys of teacher spending. The 2021 edition of the study concluded that the average out-of-pocket expenditure on school supplies reached an average of $750 in 2021. Overall, 80% of the 5,400 respondents claimed they lacked basic school supplies.Aug 5, 2022

Don't drink the kool-aid Nick. 5-10% would be $ 3,100 to $ 6,200. The truth is that they spend 1.2% on supplies Which is still too much to take from them

Perhaps we should fire one or two administrators and actually provide supplies from the school budget. And I believe the $ 750 number is way high, but I have no current number for the price of supplies.​
              You don’t live at my house….and I wonder if you’re little survey doesn’t account for things like Kleenex, decorations (like name tags), snacks, holiday party stuff, those little extra things for those certain kids. Have you ever been to a teacher store to see the insane markups on teaching supplies (the stuff you can’t buy at wal mart).

I can tell you that most years my wife is almost 750 in before school starts. And $750 is the “average” meaning lots of teacher spend more.

you have no idea….and at my wife’s school they don’t even let teachers send “wish lists” to parents, because the school district thinks it shines a light on what they don’t provide (and they’re right).

Also…I was an SLP for 15 years and know what I spent….

But who am I gonna believe….Geezer or my lyin’ eyes

but I will revise to 5%…that’s a pretty representative figure.
              Last edited by Nick Pappageorgio; September 28, 2022, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Pappageorgio View Post

You don’t live at my house….and I wonder if you’re little survey doesn’t account for things like Kleenex, decorations (like name tags), snacks, holiday party stuff, those little extra things for those certain kids. Have you ever been to a teacher store to see the insane markups on teaching supplies (the stuff you can’t buy at wal mart).

I can tell you that most years my wife is almost 750 in before school starts. And $750 is the “average” meaning lots of teacher spend more.

you have no idea….and at my wife’s school they don’t even let teachers send “wish lists” to parents, because the school district thinks it shines a light on what they don’t provide (and they’re right).

Also…I was an SLP for 15 years and know what I spent….

But who am I gonna believe….Geezer or my lyin’ eyes

but I will revise to 5%…that’s a pretty representative figure.
                I too think it is absurd that schools cannot pay for basic supplies for the students. When I grew up everyone bought their own supplies. In fact, that was one of the few good things about going back to school in the fall.

In my post, I just googled the question and highlighted what came up. $ 750 is the national average. As you say, $ 750 means half spend more.

5% of the average salary (in MI) is $ 62,000 X 5% = $ 3,100. $ 750 is 1.2% of the average salary. This is just basic arithmetic.

My bigger point is that we have far too many administrators in government education. I'd much rather spend money on supplies than on another curriculum assistant.

When I took over the school, we purchased all supplies from a big catalog (can't remember the name). Each teacher made out an order. But I found I could save money by just having each teacher go to Meijers and submit their receipt. Would this have worked for you? Why is it not done this way then? Lack of funding is the excuse I've always heard.

Probably 40 years ago, my daughter was a freshman in HS taking a world history class. There was one "set" of textbooks for three sections. My daughter was having trouble, so I bought a textbook for her to study at home. I got a major scolding from the teacher about how unfair it was that I could buy a textbook when others couldn't. It is the first time I remember encountering the "equity agenda". That teacher cared only about equity, not about education. And I have no doubt that the school could have afforded textbooks for everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post

Again, I've already addressed how you are wrong. I realize you are used to "alternative facts," but health benefits are not part of someone's pay no matter whose perspective you are speaking on. If you can't admit that your statement is incorrect, perhaps by clarifying it to say "I meant their overall pay plus benefits," then I don't know how to continue engaging with you.

As to voting for the "total shitshow," Biden is not who I voted for in the primaries. Unfortunately, he was the only viable candidate left once November rolled around. The GOP should have nominated someone else, they probably would have won.
                  The GOP should have indeed. Trump is an awful person.

The "alternative facts" are simply mathematics based in readily available factual data. And don't tell me mathematics are racist (or "neo-fascist" which seems to be the new pejorative).

OK. You and I disagree. I would view the $ 62,000 that a teacher makes in MI as their salary. In teacher contracts, there is what is called "base pay" The additional salary that teachers get is usually calculated as a "percentage of base..." For example, HS coaches often make 20% of base for their efforts. Using the 62k figure, that means their salary is raised by $ 12,400.

Their pay is their total remuneration. I probably would have said it differently if I knew it would offend you and froot. If I said that teachers should not have their health insurance paid by the school BECAUSE that doesn't change their pay anyway, you wouldn't put up with that line of reasoning. For a minute. Whose benefit is health insurance for? Why do hourly workers only pay 7.85% for SS but small business persons pay 15.7%? Everything is designed to benefit the hourly worker. Is the 7.85% of the worker's pay that the employer pays for SS part of the workers pay? I say yes. You say no.

Teachers are required to work 1,180 hours per year. You utterly reject that when comparing pay, the number of hours should be a relevant factor. You are wrong, but I can live with that. (btw, I know many elementary school teachers spend more than the required number of hours, which is why almost all charters are K-8, elementary school teachers are far more productive than secondary).
                  Last edited by Da Geezer; September 28, 2022, 03:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                    Geezer said: Our AG said that teachers should be required to put on Drag Queen Story Hours for grades K-3.

Then you linked to a quote that was made sarcastically that didn't even mention "Story Hour." She obviously didn't say what you claimed she did.

Here's MY link: Dana Nessel jokingly calls for ‘drag queen for every school.’ GOP not laughing. | Bridge Michigan​​

So, how about you agree to stop saying things that are false?
                    I posted the exact quote. What more do you want? Nothing that I posted was false.

Are you drawing a distinction between "a drag queen story hour for grades K-3" and "a drag queen in every school"? Good lord, lady

You called me out to prove it and I proved it with a credible news source, WWMT. That is what really happened.

Are you not at all concerned that the AG holds these views? Do YOU think it is in the best interest of lower elementary kids to have "a drag queen in every school"
                    Last edited by Da Geezer; September 28, 2022, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• When you say that someone said something, it should be something that they actually said. I don't think that's unreasonable.

Words matter. It's one thing to make a statement and need to clarify so your point is clear. It's another when you say so and so said this and they didn't. The latter seems to be an attempt to spread disinformation to further your own narrative.

Nessel's sarcastic comment obviously set off your alarm bells but it was apparently not meant to be taken seriously. Twisting the meaning of the actual quote and using it to further your argument seems disingenuous.
                      #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I will respond to your other question once I'm at a keyboard again. I'm on my phone and trying to use voice to text to respond is incredibly tedious.
                        #birdsarentreal

Comment

Nothing I can say would convince you that this is going on in almost every public school. Most parochial schools too. Many charters too.
                          You're right. Because it is a lie. CRT is a graduate level legal curriculum.

Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

https://socialjusticebooks.org/bookl...ldhood/gender/

What is humorous is that you consider this nonsense to be "graduate-level" material. Perhaps it was for you. That just confirms my suspicion that you may have one of the victimology degrees that prepare you for no productive work.
                          As someone with a degree in the IT field, who leads a world-class organization's sales and customer engagement efforts, I find it humorous that you sit here complaining about being victimized by other people living their lives, and stomp your feet that Big Government isn't able to step in and regulate people's thoughts and opinions when they don't line up with yours. But, you know, if your pretend problems with books you don't like, children being taught that *gasp* America was not a perfect country from it's inception and could actually improve through time, and the offenses of Dr. Seuss, Mr. Potato Head and Barbie aren't well received in this discussion, you could always misdirect the conversation and just talk about an entirely different subject...... something like.........

Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                          Gender dysphoria is a really harmful psychological disorder. Harmful to the person and harmful to the family. It can be treated in some cases. But in our woke world, those with dysphoria are considered an oppressed class and as such we have to do everything we can to accommodate them. I happen to believe all the gender-reassignment surgery going on for children under 18 is the very definition of child abuse. But the Woke Overlords rule.
                          Oh please do share some documentation on 'all the gender-reassignment surgery going on for children under 18'. Surely there must be millions of cases you can point to? I know there is a walk-in clinic here down the street where a girl can become a rooster, or a boy can become a hen in 30 minutes or less. I know our school system requires a minimum of 35% of students be 'reassigned', which is required to be conducted by immigrant Drag Queens. You really are focused on the issues that are posing challenges for the majority of Americans. I sure am glad the Republicans have such serious and thoughtful solutions to the problems our country faces, and such a robust and focused policy platform that will ....... uh..... make... sure nothing changes?
                          Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• I never understood the controversy about Drag Queens reading to little kids in the first place. They are reading to little kids that is a good thing.

Is the conservative position it is better not to have story time for little ones if Drag Queens are the only ones willing to do it?

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• I think it is more a matter of them feeling certain people shouldn't be allowed to exist. They find them offensive. They are different, and that is not allowed.

They much prefer people with suppressed evil desires living secret lives like the clergy who molest children, like God intended.
                              Last edited by dpatnod; September 28, 2022, 03:37 PM.
                              Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Right, because the proposed "solutions" are never addressing the rare improper behaviors. They want the people gone. There's nothing wrong with a child knowing people exist outside the cisgendered male and female norm.

Talking about or referencing sexual acts would be an understandable target to ban. With an exception for limited basics in parental approved health classes. I'm not going to say that never happens but it's not what the outrage is about. The outrage is over pride flags and things of the sort. The outrage is because they want to twist reality to act as if acceptance of non-gender norms means the norm is no longer accepted, which is just bullshit.

The controversy as it pertains to drag queens is that they view their very existence as unacceptably inappropriate. It's not hard to explain to your child that sometimes people like to dress up in unusual ways. It's only an actual problem if l it taps into that sexually explicit information mentioned earlier.

Comment

Working...
                                X