Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Politics - 2020 Presidential Election - GOP v Dem cage fight (ENTER AT YOUR PERIL)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    To me crypto always seem to be the product of a greater fools theory. The only thing I was interested in is the computing power needed to create it, that seemed interesting.
    Yes. I don't understand much, but I have a cousin that lost a lot of money with it. He said it's more like a pyramid scheme hopped up on future forecasts and hope.

I was listening to some people talk about it on the radio this morning and they were saying that guy took money from one currency to build up another and you can't do that so when it was found out, it all went to pot.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• With Republicans taking control of the House, the investigation of the Commanders will be “over”

Posted by Mike Florio on November 16, 2022, 8:34 PM EST

Getty Images

With the Republicans officially reclaiming control of the House of Representatives, they’ll also control all committees. Including the House Oversight Committee.

Thus, and as expected, the development means that the investigation of the Commanders will end.

Via Mark Maske of the Washington Post, the leading Republican on the Committee said in a statement on Wednesday of the Commanders probe, “It’s over.”

The new Congress won’t convene until January. As noted by Maske, it’s expected that a report will be issued regarding the investigation before then, by the Democratic representatives who continue to control the Committee.

In many respects, the Oversight Committee’s probe has become moot. Commanders owner Daniel Snyder has put the team on the market. And other entities are investigating and/or litigating the same subject matter that Congress was exploring.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Fact is the future is crypto. If you were to start civilization now would you use gold or paper with stuff written on it or a secure computer digital encrypted account only you would have access too. I think the later but most people have to catch up with the times.

Comment

• Digital currency is already the standard. Cryptocurrency was a way for very wealthy people to buy drugs without the transaction being traceable. It was only later that a bunch of grifters realized it could be used for other types of crime and money laundering and fraud as well.

Comment

• The Dollar is the future for a long time.

Comment

• Even fiat currency is just an illusion in some ways.
              most people don’t realize you can “buy” money and resell it.

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
                …..
                most people don’t realize you can “buy” money and resell it.
                What, like a King Charles 5 quid coin for 30 quid….., sell for 40?

"I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by klondike View Post
                  Fact is the future is crypto. If you were to start civilization now would you use gold or paper with stuff written on it or a secure computer digital encrypted account only you would have access too. I think the later but most people have to catch up with the times.
                  The saying will soon change from "I have a bridge to sell you" to "I have an NFT to sell you."

If I was in a third-world country, then yes, I'd trust BTC or ETH over the fiat available to me. But not these other shitcoin rugpulls. As the world modernizes, people will just store their cash in the top fiat currencies. I don't care about the artificial - sorry, I mean algorithmic - rarity of BTC. Fact is that cryptocurrencies have never endured an American recession, and we see project after project crashing and burning. Not your keys, not your crypto. And what do you do if you have everything on a cold wallet? Hodl and hope to cash out in fiat for a profit. If you think in 10 years we're all going to grocery stores and paying in BTC, well, I've got an NFT to sell you.
                  "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                  Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• It's just a complicated version of a pyramid scheme. Once you understand that, it all comes together.

Comment

• Pyramid how? It's structured as a Ponzi.
                      "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                      Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• B95F7280-5F4C-411E-90C5-AF64C293AEF8.jpg
                        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• That's comedy gold!!!!!!

Comment

• Took a minute for that one to click.

Comment

• Griner for Victor Bout….that’s a lopsided deal.

A washed up athlete for a Bond villain…..That’s worse than Babe Ruth for 100k.

I sympathize with Griner’s position….but victor Bout is a very very bad man (and there’s a reason Putin wants him back).

Comment

• Screenshot 2022-12-08 9.34.06 PM.png
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X