Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

Those dynamic #1 type receivers are probably going to be gone by pick #28-32.
    Uh no.

Oddly enough, most of the better WRs in the league are picked in RD 2. Mos busts are from RD 1.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post

Proofread!
      Yep you are right, the spell check demon strikes again.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

Yep you are right, the spell check demon strikes again.
        Every time that happens I get pitts offed
        Detroit Lions: Where futility is a lifestyle choice.

Comment

• What I don't get is it changes it to things that aren't words.

Comment

What I don't get is it changes it to things that aren't words.
            I keep telling you to stop drunk posting, because your autocorrect was going to think they were words you use, but nooooooo...

Comment

• No drunk posting here, I hardly even drink anymore.

Comment

No drunk posting here, I hardly even drink anymore.
                What hogwash. You watch the Lions games without drinking? Nobody's buying that.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post

I still think it’s early to declare this year’s QB class a write off. There’s always a guy that climbs.

Basically I want Goff and his huge contract gone ASAP. Of course I want Mr Right, not Mr Right Now but who was really hyping Mahomes or Jackson at this point when they got drafted?

I’m relying on Dorsey and Holmes to find some gems and not be too attached to Captain Checkdown because they drafted him in 2016. That doesn’t make him good.
                  So you want to rush into getting another QB sooooooooo bad that you would take a shot at a guy who just has less then 10 good games? People who don't really keep up with these things until it's draft time, THINK these guys came out of nowhere. But they didn't. They were guys that were looked at as 2nd or 3rd rounders and then they were hot THEIR ENTIRE LAST YEAR. Not just a few games.

Dude you need to chill. FR.

Our answer is probably not going to be available in 2022. And you can't make there be one. You can't, I can't, No one can. Chill

Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                  And if the Lions do that, fine.

But if the Lions extend him, that means he is "their guy," and they aren't likely to be drafting any other QBs except the Blough types in later rounds.
                  They already did. BUT, the commitment is really for 2 years. That's why I keep saying they have at least a 2 year commitment That is enough time to tell if he can be THE GUY.

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  Agreed on that, but this is the first year of four year extension. I don't even think that would happen until 2023.

They need talent everywhere but this weekly referendum on the quarterback is exhausting especially talking about cap numbers.
                  I guess the people who believe in QB Jesus's weren't just the haters.

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  When you are going for a quarterback you are committing yourself. You don't go drafting a rookie game manager quarterback. That's just dumb. When you pick a guy, you pick the guy you think is going to be your franchise quarterback And you wait until find one. You are like a virgin in whoreshouse, use some discretion.we get it, you don't like Goff like dwt didn't like Stafford.

Amassing talent is independent of getting a quarterback. They will have plenty of cap space.

You let Goff be a placeholder until you find the guy you want. Good grief this isn't a hard concept
                  Froot, you know the problem here right? It's the fact that most of us have been carrying this weigh our whole lives and some people want every last player, coach and FO personnel to also carry that weight. That is ok for fans. But the team, from top to bottom, were not in their current position(s). They look at this as YEAR 1. Yes they know the history and respect what frustrations the fans have gone through, but, they don't seem to be in a rush to just throw a team out there. LIKE PAST FO and COACHES.

They are trying to do this right. For once in our lives. And I for one like it. It may work, or it may not work. But I think we should give em a chance. I would have preferred they drafted a QB this or last year, but they didn't so we have to move forward. There is more then one way to skin an onion. Drafting a lesser talent just because you are in a rush isn't the way bro.

It's cool TLL. Enjoy the rise.

Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                  From the moment we received Goff and passed on Fields, Jones etc I’ve always thought the Lions would be building the Tenn Titans.

I’m sure if a T Lawrence can’t miss pops up between now and tomorrow they’d take him but I don’t think they’re going that route. Next year they’ll stock the cupboard with WR via the draft and FA and build out the LB.

They already went heavy on DT and OL now they’ll build outward. This is when I wish we’d have had Slay around still. Our past drafts are all gone because of inept drafting and letting Patrica and Quinn run people out of town
                  A Grade A OLB/DE would be great at the top next year. Then a WR. Then all D for day 2. And fillers for Day 3. Then in 2022, Goff shows he has IT, or he stinks and you have a high draft pick to get that QB.

I do agree that it will probably cost both 1sts in 2023, but you do what you have to.

And hey, who knows, maybe by then (2023) Watson's situation gets cleared up and we can make a play for him?
                  Last edited by Futureshock; October 13, 2021, 11:35 AM.
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• The first couple years should be the easiest to draft, they have needs everywhere and can clearly go by who they think is BPA.

Comment

• Agree.

I believe in things being organic in natue. Let it come to you and grab the best you can when you can. I would say Brandon Beane followed that to a T when he put the Bills together. IDK if he reached for a single player. Almost every one of them fell right in their laps. And then he used FA for what it should be for, finishing touches. Like when he went and got S. Diggs.

Comment

• I will say this. Goff has won playoff games and gotten a team to a Super Bowl. If they build the rest of the team and it gets to a point where Goff has similar success, I can see them extending him and keeping him as “their guy”. Getting a “franchise” QB is not easy and if you have a guy on roster that is proven, why waste time looking for another one. I have my doubts Goff is the long-term answer but I wouldn’t write him off. I think Campbell and Holmes appreciate the chip he has on his shoulder.

Comment

• I like Goff but something has to give with his long ball. He can’t be successful without it. His short to mid throws are good but his deep ball is terrible.

With these WR we won’t find out this year that’s for sure
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                            I will say this. Goff has won playoff games and gotten a team to a Super Bowl. If they build the rest of the team and it gets to a point where Goff has similar success, I can see them extending him and keeping him as “their guy”. Getting a “franchise” QB is not easy and if you have a guy on roster that is proven, why waste time looking for another one. I have my doubts Goff is the long-term answer but I wouldn’t write him off. I think Campbell and Holmes appreciate the chip he has on his shoulder.
                            In todays NFL it isn't as surprising, but this isn't Cousins forcing FA by making the team use the tag till it would be waaay to expensive. This isn't Bree's or Manning with a chance to get the replacement or already having drafted the replacement with no idea how they will comeback from injury. A team signed him to a large contract and within a year decided to trade him and several picks including a couple first round picks to move on from him. There have been several terrible decisions when Coaches are given to much control and have a break down in opinion with an established QB. Jay Cutler in Denver comes to mind. This isn't just Mcvay falling out of love with Goff, I don't know if it was Goff regressing, or Mcvay not being able to keep up with hiding Goff's struggles from the very beginning. But either way Goff was considered such a liability for the Rams they threw away all that spent money, a couple of first round picks, because as stacked as they were they didn't think they were going anywhere with him at QB. That doesn't sound like a QB that can be a player to build a team around. There was a video I watched that basically demonstrated how much of their early expect was a new offense most defenses didn't know how to deal with. That says a lot about Mcvay, but it also says a lot that he couldn't keep up. So unless you have a visionary you aren't going to get lightning in bottle with Goff, and you basically need a genius wizard to keep up with the league.

Point being unless Goff develops I don't think we can see similar success and if we did it would be limited to a season or two because its the strategy that is the barometer for success and not Goff's skill. The only way to succeed with Goff, I think would be to play off his game manager style which seems to be the only style he seems naturally comfortable with. Which means we go all in on Defense and running.
                            AAL-Nevin Lawson.

Comment

• Paragraph Breaks! Please! MAN! ()

Friday GIF

Comment

• lol
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X