Lions News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JGSpartan View Post
    Well I saw somewhere (Maybe it was even on here) that if the Lions had scored just 20 points every game this year they'd be 5-6. They ARE in it at the end in a lot of games for a winless team.
    Thats Fool's Gold. If the Lions scored 20, the other team would have gotten another score.
    In fact, that was the theory behind the Caldwell years. If we don't try to score, the opponent won't score as much......
    Only difference is this team tries to score and simply can't.

Comment

• Officially the Lions have 0.5 a win so not really Winless officially.

And I do think they will squeak 1 out. It will probably be really late and another team tanking, or another team resting starters and key players for a playoff push.

But, really IDGAF. This organization has a long list of embarrassing stats. NOW, people are incensed? F the records and the past, it's about the future, and setting yourself up for a better future. You can't do that by dragging 60+ years of futility on your back.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post

Thats Fool's Gold. If the Lions scored 20, the other team would have gotten another score.
        In fact, that was the theory behind the Caldwell years. If we don't try to score, the opponent won't score as much......
        Only difference is this team tries to score and simply can't.
        I'm gonna call bullshit on that. There's a small bit of truth to a team possibly getting a TD at the end instead of settling for a fg to win or have to try scoring instead of running out the clock on us. NFL teams will gladly blow out anyone they can. Teams don't just let you have one score games at the end.

Comment

• Gentlemen, gentleman! Let us stop our squabbles and enjoy the glorious failure that is the lions. It is the failure that binds us together. So relax and enjoy the failure that is the lions. It is the way forward.
          Detroit Lions: Where futility is a lifestyle choice.

Comment

• https://www.audacy.com/971theticket/...dallas-cowboys

Slay shot down potential Cowboys trade after they 'cheated' Lions: "I ain’t going there"
            By Will Burchfield

Time heals most wounds, but not this one for Darius Slay. The former All-Pro cornerback for the Lions said he still hates the Cowboys after "they cheated us in the playoffs in 2014."

"When Dez Bryant ran up on the field, they pulled the flag, yeah, they cheated us," Slay told former Steelers cornerback Bryant McFadden on the All Things Covered podcast this week.

You remember. Lions up 20-17 midway through the fourth, Matthew Stafford to Brandon Pettigrew on third third, flag on Cowboys LB Anthony Hitchens for pass interference. Dez Bryant storms onto the field to protest without getting penalized for not wearing his helmet. The officials huddle up and reverse the call on Hitchens. The Lions punt -- a shank by Sam Martin -- and the Cowboys score the game-winning touchdown on the ensuing drive.

Slay was a key member of that Lions team that had the second best defense in the NFL and legitimate Super Bowl aspirations. (He did a darn good job that day covering Bryant.) Six years later, toward the end of the disastrous reign of Bob Quinn and Matt Patricia, Slay was on the trade block and caught wind of interest from the Cowboys.

"I heard Dallas had wanted to trade for me. I said, 'Nah, I ain’t going there.' No sir," said Slay.

Had the Cowboys reached an agreement with the Lions, Slay said he would've rejected it.

"I wasn’t going to Dallas," he said. "I couldn’t stand them. They cheated us."

"It runs deep," he said. "Runs deep." Slay was eventually traded to the Eagles, where he's having another terrific season -- and where he gets to play the Cowboys twice a year.
            Dogs rule.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
              https://www.audacy.com/971theticket/...dallas-cowboys

Slay shot down potential Cowboys trade after they 'cheated' Lions: "I ain’t going there"
              Thanks for sharing Deb, this is an great story to read and I am proud of Mr. Slay
              "Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance" Plato

Comment

• Good for you Slay. I forgot about Bryant running onto
                the field with no helmet. I damn sure won’t forget all the holding calls the refs let them get away with.

Our DL was abusing Dallas. In the second half they were visibly holding damn near every pass play to start the half. That shit was maddening
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by JGSpartan View Post

I'm gonna call bullshit on that. There's a small bit of truth to a team possibly getting a TD at the end instead of settling for a fg to win or have to try scoring instead of running out the clock on us. NFL teams will gladly blow out anyone they can. Teams don't just let you have one score games at the end.
                  This is the Lions we are talking about, they don't conform to rational thinking.
                  Only way the Lions are going to win is to keep their foot on the gas - and they struggled to do that even when they had Stafford.
                  Lions get a lead, get comfortable, and get burned. Rinse and repeat - we've seen it happen a metric shit-ton.

Comment

• This applies how exactly?

Comment

• You said if the Lions scored 20 they'd be 5-6. They wouldn't. At best I'd give them 2 wins tops - the other 3 they still find a way to lose - it's what they do.
                      That would imply they were playing with a lead - and they don't handle playing with a lead well.
                      Have you seen the Lions play well with a lead - even in the Stafford era? It's a rare sight - to see a Lions team put away a team.

Comment

• Well thankfully we no longer need to quantify things with 'even in the Stafford era'.

Finally we are rid of that shit. Enjoy the magnificence of someone else!!!!.
                        Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                          Well thankfully we no longer need to quantify things with 'even in the Stafford era'.

Finally we are rid of that shit. Enjoy the magnificence of someone else!!!!.
                          The Stafford era will literally be bookended by winless seasons on either side. In between was his Herculean effort to get us to three playoff losses.
                          Originally posted by The_Strategy_Expert
                          I promise to deliver Super Bowl victories

Comment

• Notes: Penei Sewell ranked among PFF’s top rookies for first time since Week 1

A rare bright spot following the rough Thanksgiving Day game.
                            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• To be fair icba to check the math, but..
                              Attached Files
                              AAL Quintez Cephus
                              If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeanUK View Post
                                To be fair icba to check the math, but..
                                Hahahaha
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X