No announcement yet.

NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It still amazes me that we do not utilize the technology out there that could make the game better.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Ezekiel Elliott’s dogs send two to hospital with injuries

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on May 20, 2021, 10:39 PM EDT

Getty Images

Three dogs owned by Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott were running loose in Frisco, Texas with one of them, a rottweiler, having bitten two people and sent them to the hospital with injuries.

According to Tom Steele of the Dallas Morning News, Elliott was cited by police for three counts of animal-at-large with the rottweiler being put on a mandatory 10-day quarantine hold. The victims were taken to a hospital for evaluation with non-life threatening injuries.

An investigation is ongoing but no charges have been filed as of yet.

It’s the second time Elliott’s dogs have been the subject of an investigation. Elliott was sued last year after a separate incident when a woman on-site at Elliott’s residence to clean his pool was bitten by the dogs. She claimed that all three dogs had bitten her with the rottweiler dragging her by the arm. The lawsuit said she needed surgery for her arm injury and will likely be scarred for life.

Additionally, that lawsuit had claimed there had been another pool cleaner that had also been bit by Elliott’s dogs.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• What a dumaz. He didn't properly train those dogs and, obviously, are not monitoring them either. The dogs will end up being euthanized. That's sad. 4 people injured and those dogs will end up put to sleep.

Comment

• MORGAN MOSEST, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT
          Washington Football Team released RT Morgan Moses.

The move creates $7.7 million in cap space. 30-year-old Moses had started every game in Washington since 2015. This is purely a financial move, as Moses remained one of the league's better right tackles in 2020. He shouldn't take more than 2-3 days to find a new home on the open market. With Geron Christian also released, Washington will now be moving forward with two new tackles at starter. Recent free agent addition Charles Leno is the favorite on the blindside with second-round rookie Samuel Cosmi now in the driver's seat on the right.

... See More
          RELATED:
          SOURCE: Sam Fortier on Twitter
          May 20, 2021, 4:06 PM

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
            What a dumaz. He didn't properly train those dogs and, obviously, are not monitoring them either. The dogs will end up being euthanized. That's sad. 4 people injured and those dogs will end up put to sleep.
            A friend of mine got attacked by a dog and required surgery on his hand. The dog also has bitten others and yet it is still there in the condominium complex.
            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Really this dog is bad trouble there!
              Memorial Day 2018!

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post

A friend of mine got attacked by a dog and required surgery on his hand. The dog also has bitten others and yet it is still there in the condominium complex.
                I blame the owner. He/She is the only one not in danger, including the dog (Euthanized)

Comment

• Tim Tebow reports to first practice as Jaguars tight end after signing one-year deal

It's Tebow Time in Florida, but this time it's for the Jacksonville Jaguars and not the Florida Gators. It's been a long time since Tim Tebow joined forces with Urban Meyer to dominate the collegiate football ranks, but the two are now back together in North Florida -- Tebow having officially signed a one-year deal on Thursday to play tight end for the team. A longtime quarterback who had a short stint of glory with the Denver Broncos before the wheels fell off of his career at the position, Tebow was once proposed the idea of changing positions but instead opted not to and went on to later retire from the league entirely, then trying his hand at baseball with the New York Mets before retiring from that sport as well.
                  All it took for him to reconsider his NFL conversion, apparently was Meyer being hired in Jacksonville. And with the 2021 NFL Draft now in the rearview, the two are together again and Tebow has already reported to his first-ever practice with the Jaguars, donning his newly-assigned No. 85.

There has been a ton of backlash for Meyer's decision to sign Tebow out of retirement to play a position he's never taken a single snap at in a game, and particularly with presumably more talented options available in both veteran and undrafted free agency. It's a risk Meyer is willing to take though, and there's no guarantee Tebow survives final roster cutdowns at the end of August. But the fact he's being given this shot does reveal Meyer's belief in the possibility of the conversion taking hold. It'll be on Tebow to hit the ground running against five other tight ends on the roster who all have actual experience at playing the position -- Chris Manhertz, Luke Farrell, Tyler Davis, James O'Shaughnessy and Ben Ellefson.

Of the group, Tebow isn't the only one reuniting with Meyer. Farrell is the team's rookie fifth-round pick out of Ohio State, and spent time being coached by Meyer before the latter retired from the collegiate ranks following the 2018 season after a controversial year with the school.

Tebow's competition also extends to the contract on Manhertz, who signed a two-year, $6.65 million deal in free agency this offseason as well as young upstarts like Davis and Ellefson. It all begins with his first practice on Thursday, and all eyes are on how things go for him from this point forward.

"Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• I think Tebow would make a really really good TE. He should have done it years ago but better late than never. I also think JAX has a real shot at turning their team around quickly. They could be a real force in the next few years. Urbs is going to look good when all of this is said and done
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• 5 years ago

Comment

• Prayers

Greg Olsen says his 8-year-old son may need a heart transplant

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 25, 2021, 5:08 AM EDT

Getty Images

Former NFL tight end Greg Olsen has revealed that his 8-year-old son, who was born with a congenital heart condition, may need a transplant.

TJ Olsen’s heart is “reaching its end,” Greg Olsen revealed.

“This past week has been exceptionally challenging for our family,” Olsen wrote on Twitter. “As many of you know, our son TJ has faced serious heart issues since birth. TJ has already undergone 3 open heart surgeries and has survived with a modified heart for his first 8 years of life. Unfortunately, it seems his heart is reaching its end. We are currently working through the process to determine our next steps, which ultimately could lead to a heart transplant. We are so thankful for the incredible support we have received over the years. We have received world class care at Levine Children’s Hospital and we are so appreciative of their amazing team. We don’t know how long we will be within these hospital walls. We do know that we are in full control of our attitudes and our outlook. TJ has been a fighter since birth. We are going to get through this as a family and be better off as a result of this experience. Thanks for everyone’s prayers.”

Olsen played for the Bears from 2007 to 2010, the Panthers from 2011 to 2019 and the Seahawks in 2020 before announcing his retirement this year. Olsen‘s foundation donated $2.5 million to the pediatric cardiac center at Levine Children’s Hospital in Charlotte in 2019.

Comment

• Aaron Rodgers addresses Packers dysfunction by saying, “It’s about the people”

Posted by Mike Florio on May 25, 2021, 12:01 AM EDT

Getty images

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers appeared on Kenny Mayne’s final episode of SportsCenter, at a time when Rodgers’ future with the team continues to be a major question mark.

To little surprise, Rodgers resisted making news. For the most part, he avoided doing so.

Beyond confirming that he didn’t show up for the start of the team’s OTA sessions, Rodgers avoided most questions about his status with the team.

“I’m just here so I won’t get fined, Ken,” Rodgers said initially. Mayne persisted.

“This is not about me,” Rodgers said. “This is about you. This is about years and years of watching you on TV. You, not just the highlights, but tuning in to watch you and Keith Olbermann and Stuart Scott changing the ways that late-night SportsCenters were done.”

Mayne didn’t relent.

“This isn’t what they want,” Mayne said. “They didn’t call on you for a tribute video here. You could have shot that on Instagram or something.”

“I don’t give a shit,” Rodgers said, laughing.

Mayne still kept at it, and he finally struck some semblance of paydirt. Rodgers presented a largely unrealistic ideal of the Packers organization being “about the people,” with the clear implication that he believes the people currently running the program have lost sight of that.

“It’s never been about the draft pick, picking Jordan [Love],” Rodgers said. “I love Jordan. He’s a great kid. Lot of fun to work together. I love the coaching staff, love my teammates. Love the fan base in Green Bay. Incredible 16 years. It’s just kind of about a philosophy, you know? And maybe forgetting that it is about the people that make the thing go.

“It’s about character. It’s about culture. It’s about doing things the right way. A lot of this was put in motion last year. The wrench was just kind of thrown into it when I won the MVP and played the way I played last year. So this is just kind of I think the spill out of all that. But look, man, it is about the people, and that’s the most important thing. Green Bay has always been about the people, from Curly Lambeau being owner and founder to the ’60s with Lombardi and Bart Starr and all those incredible names to the ’90s teams with Coach Holmgren and Favre-y and the Minister of Defense to the run that we’ve been on. It’s about the people.”

But it’s really not. Saying football is “about the people” is no different that saying “football is family.” No, football is business and it’s good for business to say things like “football is family.”

For Rodgers, it’s good for his standing in the eyes of a skeptical fan base to say, “It’s about the people.”

The truth is that it’s only “about the people” to the extent it’s about people Rodgers doesn’t like. Whether it’s G.M. Brian Gutekunst, CEO Mark Murphy, or one or more others in the front office, it’s clear that Rodgers has had enough of some of the people in the Packers organization, to the point where he wants to continue his career with other people.

Comment

• The Urban Meyer - Tim Tebow relationship is one of the strongest we have ever seen in college football. It’s like the CEO of a company giving their son a nice job in the company despite the resume being shaky.
                            IDK if it was their intention, but signing Tebow has certainly allowed Trevor Lawrence to fly under the radar. Most of the attention is laughably on Tebow.
                            Outside of the Jags using Tebow in goal line situations, I don’t see him doing much else on the field. Limited potential as a receiver.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                              The Urban Meyer - Tim Tebow relationship is one of the strongest we have ever seen in college football. It’s like the CEO of a company giving their son a nice job in the company despite the resume being shaky.
                              IDK if it was their intention, but signing Tebow has certainly allowed Trevor Lawrence to fly under the radar. Most of the attention is laughably on Tebow.
                              Outside of the Jags using Tebow in goal line situations, I don’t see him doing much else on the field. Limited potential as a receiver.
                              The Lawrence thing is my thought on why they signed Tebow
                              WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Arlen Specter’s son claims Donald Trump tried to stop federal Spygate probe

Posted by Mike Florio on May 26, 2021, 10:39 AM EDT

Getty Images

Spygate turns 15 next year. Every so often, it continues to create a nugget of news.

Here’s the news from a new item from Don Van Natta, Jr. and Seth Wickersham of ESPN.com regarding the controversy that arose when the Patriots were caught red-handed videotaping defensive coaching signals by the Jets.

The late Arlen Specter, a long-time Pennsylvania senator, aggressively pursued the matter. He wanted to get to the bottom of the signal-stealing-and-possibly-other-forms-of-cheating rabbit hole, especially since the Patriots had beaten the Eagles in Super Bowl XXXIX. Specter loudly rattled the sword regarding the NFL’s broadcast antitrust exemption, which allows 32 teams to sell TV rights collectively not through the individual businesses that make up the league.

Specter previously told Charles Robbins, who served as a communications aide and ghost-wrote two Specter memoirs, that a friend had contacted the Senator at the time of the Spygate imbroglio. Arlen Specter said (and Robbins wrote) this: “If you laid off the Patriots, there’d be a lot of money in Palm Beach.” However, Specter consistently refused to identify the friend to Robbins.

Now, Specter’s son shares the name of the friend with ESPN.com: First name Donald. Middle initial J. Last name Trump.

“My father told me that Trump was acting as a messenger for Kraft,” Shanin Specter told ESPN.com. “But I’m equally sure the reference to money in Palm Beach was campaign contributions, not cash. The offer was Kraft assistance with campaign contributions. . . . My father said it was Kraft’s offer, not someone else’s. . . .

“He was pissed. He told me about the call in the wake of the conversation and his anger about it. . . . My father was upset when [such overtures] would happen because he felt as if it were tantamount to a bribe solicitation, though the case law on this subject says it isn’t. . . . He would tell me these things when they occurred. We were very close.”

Jason Miller, a senior adviser to Trump, told ESPN.com that the claim from Shanin Specter is “completely false.” A Patriots spokesman told ESPN.com that Robert Kraft “never asked” Trump to speak to Arlen Specter on Kraft’s behalf, and that Kraft “is not aware of any involvement of Trump on this topic and he did not have any other engagement with Specter or his staff.”

Perhaps most tellingly, Federal Election Commission records show (according to ESPN.com) that neither Kraft nor his company ever donated a single dollar to Arlen Specter’s campaign committees.

So, basically, if Trump (or anyone else) directly or indirectly promised campaign contributions from Kraft if Arlen Specter dropped the Spygate matter, the back end of the alleged promise never happened. It never happened even though, per the report, Arlen Specter personally asked Kraft for a contribution in 2010.

Comment

Working...
                                X