X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: Packers are expected to sign De’Vondre Campbell after visit

Posted by Josh Alper on June 9, 2021, 6:36 AM EDT

Getty Images

Linebacker De'Vondre Campbell appears to be on his way to Green Bay.

Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com reports that the Packers are bringing Campbell in for a visit and are expected to sign him if all goes well. That would include Campbell passing a physical.

Campbell started every game for the Cardinals last season and he started 54 games for the Falcons over the first four years of his career. Packers head coach Matt LaFleur was on the Atlanta staff during Campbell’s rookie season.

Campbell has 462 tackles, 7.5 sacks, three interceptions, six forced fumbles, and a fumble recovery over his five NFL seasons. He’d join Krys Barnes, Kamal Martin, Oren Burks, Ty Summers, and sixth-rounder Isaiah McDuffie as inside linebacker possibilities with the Packers.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Saints restructure Marshon Lattimore’s deal to make room for their draft class

Posted by Charean Williams on June 8, 2021, 9:36 PM EDT

Getty Images

The Saints signed their entire draft class Tuesday, but they needed to create salary cap space to do it. They did that by restructuring the contract of cornerback Marshon Lattimore, Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports.

The move converts the $10.2 million of Lattimore’s fifth-year option to a $990,000 base salary with the rest as a roster bonus with voidable years. It frees up $7.4 million in salary cap space.

The sides will continue to work on a long-term extension, according to Rapoport.

With three Pro Bowls and 10 interceptions in four seasons, Lattimore has earned a big pay day.

Lattimore would not talk about his contract status or his legal issue Tuesday. He faces fourth-degree felony charges of receiving a stolen handgun after his March arrest.

The NFL could discipline Lattimore.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Julio Jones will wear No. 2 with Titans

Posted by Charean Williams on June 8, 2021, 7:29 PM EDT

Getty Images

Julio Jones has a new team, and now he has a new number.

The star receiver will wear No. 2 with the Titans, the team announced Tuesday night.

Jones wore No.11 during his 10 seasons with the Falcons, but he turned down new teammate A.J. Brown‘s offer to take that number with the Titans.

Jones wore No. 8 at the University of Alabama, a number currently worn by rookie punter James Smith with the Titans. So Jones could have had No. 8 if he wanted.

Jones gives the Titans a “dynamic duo” at receiver. Brown made the Pro Bowl in 2020 after his second consecutive 1,000-yard season, and Jones has made seven Pro Bowls and has seven 1,000-yard seasons.

Comment

• That's a lot of dime bags

NFL-NFLPA funding $1 million in research of pain-relief alternatives

Posted by Charean Williams on June 8, 2021, 5:07 PM EDT

Getty Images

The NFL and NFLPA’s Pain Management Committee announced Tuesday they are seeking to identify research opportunities through a formal Request for Proposal (RFP) process. The RFP is “aimed at supplementing knowledge about pain management and the potential effects of pain and cannabinoids on athletic performance in elite football players.”

The funding opportunity will provide support of up to $1 million for as many five pilot research proposals.

“The RFP is open to proposals that have to do with a wide variety of therapies that might improve the way in which we treat pain, but certainly cannabis and cannabinoids, chemicals specific to the cannabis plant, are things that many, many people are interested in as witnessed by an increasing number of states with medical cannabis laws and recreational cannabis laws,” said Dr. Kevin Hill, co-chairman of the NFL-NFLPA Joint Pain Management Committee and director of addiction psychiatry at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) and associate professor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School.

“Like most people in our country, athletes, including NFL players, wonder about cannabis and cannabinoids and whether or not they may improve pain management for athletic performance. . . . As a result, the Pain Management Committee has tried to provide the best information to both players and staff in order to guide them on this controversial topic. Unfortunately, the level of interest right now far exceeds the level of evidence supporting the use of medical cannabis for pain. There is some evidence supporting the use of medical cannabis for pain. . . . However, there are some flaws in each of these studies. As a result of that, I think there’s a need for better information, better science, so the Pain Management Committee wants to help advance the science in this area.”

In 2020, the PMC conducted two informational forums on CBD to learn about the current state of CBD science and manufacturing in North America, and, in 2021, issued a Request for Information to identify researchers studying pain management alternatives.

The Funding Opportunity is intended to facilitate, at a minimum, the following three lines of potential inquiry:

1. The effects of cannabinoids on pain in elite football players (post-surgical and/or in daily pain management); 2. The effects of non-pharmacologic treatments on pain in elite football players (postsurgical and/or in daily pain management); and 3. The effects of cannabis or cannabinoids on athletic performance (e.g., psychomotor, reaction time, cardiorespiratory function) in elite football players.

Comment

• John Harbaugh: Ja’Wuan James could be back this season

Posted by Josh Alper on June 8, 2021, 4:40 PM EDT

USA TODAY Sports

When the Ravens agreed to sign tackle Ja’Wuan James on Monday, the assumption was that James would be in the mix for playing time in 2022.

James tore his Achilles working out earlier in the offseason, which led the Broncos to release him and void the guarantees in his contract because James was not working out at the team facility. James filed a grievance about the guaranteed money on Monday before word of his agreement with the Ravens broke.

He is set to sign a two-year contract that guarantees him $500,000 this year and could pay him as much as $8 million in 2022, which suggests that the plan is to rehab with an eye on next season. On Tuesday, though, Ravens head coach John Harbaugh said that the team isn’t ruling James out at this point.

“The Achilles injury is one that he could possibly be back this year even — November [or] December maybe,” Harbaugh said, via Jamison Hensley of ESPN.com. “I wouldn’t say we’re counting on that. But it’s certainly something you know is possible.”

The Ravens signed Michael Schofield on Tuesday and they’ve also added Alejandro Villanueva to their offensive line since trading Orlando Brown to the Chiefs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
              Oh man the Pack fans are getting on my last nerve. I listen to the NFL on Sirius radio and you should here the crazy thoughts those spoiled brats come up with.
              Love will have the eyeballs of football on him. The pressure will be huge. They’ve pissed off a hall of famer and the reigning MVP for a kid many thought was a reach.

I think they wanted Mahomes 2.0 and saw a guy with a big arm who was nimble on his feet and made a big fuck up. There’s only one Mahomes.

Comment

• JORDAN LOVEQB, GREEN BAY PACKERS
                ESPN's Rob Demovsky reports Packers QB Jordan Love "has favored check-down practices" in offseason practices.

With the unhappy Aaron Rodgers boycotting offseason activities, Love is slated to throw to Green Bay's top pass catchers this week during the team's mandatory minicamp. Demovsky said Love, the team's 2020 first round pick, "shouldn't have any reason not to take some more shots down the field" with Davante Adams, Marques Valdes-Scantling, and Allen Lazard in the fold this week. Love's check-down tendencies during OTAs may have been a result of the QB missing his best wideouts, or it may be an indication of how conservative Green Bay's offense would be without Rodgers this season. Aaron Jones could be the main beneficiary of an inexperienced quarterback constantly seeking the dump off. Love has a lot to prove over the next couple months -- or for as long as Rodgers refuses to return for a 17th season with the Packers. NBC Sports' Peter King reported Monday that Rodgers is "solid" on holding out.

... See More
                RELATED:
                SOURCE: ESPN.com
                Jun 8, 2021, 8:36 AM

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post

Love will have the eyeballs of football on him. The pressure will be huge. They’ve pissed off a hall of famer and the reigning MVP for a kid many thought was a reach.

I think they wanted Mahomes 2.0 and saw a guy with a big arm who was nimble on his feet and made a big fuck up. There’s only one Mahomes.
                  Same with that kid Zach Wilson. The best either team could do is run the ball effectively and hope every thing doesn't hinge on their young QB

Comment

• AARON RODGERSQB, GREEN BAY PACKERS
                    NBC Sports' Peter King said "would bet Rodgers, today, is solid on never playing for the Packers again."

King proposed a scenario in which the Packers sit down with Rodgers and his agent and agree to trade the QB after the 2021 season. This, King said, would allow the Packers to better transition to life after Rodgers, Green Bay's starter since 2008. King said he doubts Rodgers "wants a bridge-burning exit from Green Bay" -- one in which ill-prepared second-year QB Jordan Love struggles for a team that has made two straight NFC title games. Agreeing on one final year in Green Bay would mean the team won't pursue Rodgers' 2021 $6.8 million roster bonus if he boycotts offseason team activities. "The Packers need to extend an olive branch for a situation—whether they acknowledge the reality of it—that could turn into a football and fan disaster in 2021," King said. "This is that olive branch. It’s a face-saving thing for both sides."

... See More
                    RELATED:
                    SOURCE: FMIA
                    Jun 7, 2021, 9:25 AM

Comment

Browns staffer Callie Brownson pleads guilty to operating a vehicle under the influence

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 9, 2021, 7:26 AM EDT

Getty Images

Browns chief of staff Callie Brownson has pleaded guilty to operating a vehicle under the influence in an agreement that will allow her to avoid jail time.

Brownson entered the guilty plea on Tuesday, the same day news broke that she had been arrested on May 27.

According to Cleveland.com, Brownson had two other charges dismissed: one for speeding and one for a blood-alcohol level above .17. Brownson paid $780 in court costs and fines, and accrued six points on her drivers license, which has been suspended. She will not go to jail.

Brownson was pulled over for driving 55 mph in a 35 mph zone at 12:27 a.m. Her blood-alcohol content was .2150, nearly three times the legal limit.

The Browns say they “will take the appropriate disciplinary actions.” Brownson could also face league discipline.

Brownson coached the Browns’ tight ends in one game last year and their wide receivers in another game after other assistant coaches had to miss the games because of COVID-19. That made her the first woman to serve as a primary position coach in an NFL game.
                      I don’t understand how this ever makes the media. He’s a nobody
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Uh, he's not a he but a she.

Comment

• Hah!
                          "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Same with that kid Zach Wilson. The best either team could do is run the ball effectively and hope every thing doesn't hinge on their young QB
                            I wouldn’t say it’s that comparable. One is replacing Darnold at a terrible franchise with no expectations, the other is replacing the MVP at a team regularly in the NFCCG in recent years.

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
                              Uh, he's not a he but a she.
                              That makes it funny but its still not news.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Now driving naked through a Wendy's.... Now THAT is news.
                                Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

Working...
                                X