Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHY IS LOGAN RYAN STILL UNSIGNED?
    AUGUST 14TH, 2020

In 16 games played and 16 games starting, Ryan recorded 113 tackles, 4.5 sacks, four tackles for loss, four forced fumbles, 18 passes defended, and four interceptions. For cornerbacks, he had the most tackles in the NFL (fifth most for all defensive backs), the most sacks (second most for all defensive backs), the most forced fumbles, was third in passes defended, and was tied for third in interceptions.
    He must be asking for too much money
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Last report was that he was looking for $10 million per... which wouldn't particularly be out of the norm for an elite DB. It might be a combination of $$$ and length of contract that are making teams balk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
        I actually think the Lions are better then all the other teams in that article.
        They are good at the offensive skill positions and might be good at DB
        WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• We were flipping the channels last night and happened upon the first episode of this season's Hard Knocks. I was surprised to see them move forward with that, figured it would be shelved considering the extra manpower needed for filming. Anyway, it's covering the Rams and Chargers and it was pretty interesting seeing them go through the testing and all that.
          #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
            We were flipping the channels last night and happened upon the first episode of this season's Hard Knocks. I was surprised to see them move forward with that, figured it would be shelved considering the extra manpower needed for filming. Anyway, it's covering the Rams and Chargers and it was pretty interesting seeing them go through the testing and all that.
            I noticed a difference in the level of protection the 2 teams were doing. Close to the same, but the Chargers were more consistent and took it a little bit further. It probably helps when the coach has gone through it. You could tel the Rams coach hasn't wore a mask much. He's just freaking out on wearing the thing like it's his first time donning one.
            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• The Chargers even had some players wearing them during play on the field.

Comment

• One last thing. The Chargers seem to really be glad they got their new QB. Hmmmmm.... Someone's playing chess and someone's playing tic tac toe.

Comment

• Jaguars sign Timmy Jernigan

Posted by Josh Alper on August 17, 2020, 7:40 AM EDT

Getty Images

Defensive tackle Timmy Jernigan has finally signed with a new team.

Jernigan agreed to terms with the Texans in early April, but the deal fell through before he signed the contract. Jernigan visited the Jaguars last week and he officially became a member of the AFC South club on Monday.

The move comes a day after defensive Rodney Gunter announced he is stepping away from football due to a heart condition. He was placed on the reserve/retired list as the corresponding move to get Jernigan on the active roster.

Gunter isn’t the only Jaguars defensive lineman to leave the team this summer. Al Woods and Lerentee McCray opted out w

Comment

• Derrius Guice faces reckless driving charges, too

Posted by Mike Florio on August 17, 2020, 6:15 AM EDT

Getty Images

For any other player, the existence of a reckless driving incident wouldn’t be an issue. For free-agent running back Derrius Guice, who currently is out of football regarding a trio of domestic violence charges, it’s an unwelcome complication.

Via TMZ.com, Guice was caught driving 95 mph in a 55-mph zone near Dulles Airport in March. He also has had four speeding tickets in 13 months. The reckless driving charge has a court date set in September.

Guice likely won’t be landing anywhere in the NFL until the pending domestic violence case ends, given the likelihood that he’d land on the Commissioner Exempt list if someone were to sign him. The domestic violence charges include a felony count alleging that Guice strangled his girlfriend until she was unconscious.

Comment

• More than 80 percent of Lambeau Field season-ticket holders opted out

Posted by Mike Florio on August 16, 2020, 9:46 AM EDT

Comment

• Alex Smith cleared to practice

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 16, 2020, 4:17 AM EDT

Getty Images

Washington quarterback Alex Smith is taking another big step toward returning from a career-threatening leg injury.

Smith has been cleared to practice and will be activated off the physically unable to perform list, according to JP Finlay of NBCSportsWashington.com.

That’s a tremendous recovery from an injury that, when Smith suffered it in November of 2018, appeared to have ended his career. Smith’s leg was broken so severely that doctors feared they would have to amputate, and he also developed a life-threatening blood clot.

Smith’s wife posted on Instagram a video of a family celebration on Saturday night after Smith was cleared.

“Hard work pays off! Lots to celebrate in the Smith house tonight,” Liz Smith wrote.

Washington coach Ron Rivera has confirmed that Smith, once cleared, would be in the mix to become the Football Team’s starting quarterback this season. Although Dwayne Haskins, last year’s first-round pick, remains the favorite to win the starting job, Smith has a real chance to be under center in Week One, and to complete one of the most impressive comebacks in NFL history.

Comment

• I saw somewhere that Smith has had 17 surgeries since that leg was broke.

Comment

• I'm rooting for him.

Comment

• And it begins...

Gerald McCoy suffered knee injury in today’s practice.

Comment

• For obvious reasons, that made me think about Suh. It's kind of incredible ... Suh had a few big knee injuries in college, but has never missed an NFL game due to injury in 10 seasons. He's the iron man at DL
                                WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

Working...
                                X