No announcement yet.

NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I recall D-Hop having a wishlist and the Lions weren’t on it. Though money certainly can change the discussion and the Lions are near the top of the league in cap space. Plus the Lions being in win-now mode… so there’s that factor.

Sure, I’m down for the idea. Yolo.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Or a ring…the teams he linked himself to, Ravens/Bills/Chiefs, are contenders not spenders (not to mention the ravens have since picked up OBJ). And no one has money this time of year.

He going to go on a short term deal to a contender…probably a two year deal with a fake year…and hit FA next year when pockets are full.

We fit that description…and have a bit of cap space to work with. Over the cap reports we have 17m left to play with.
      Last edited by Nick Pappageorgio; May 26, 2023, 01:34 PM.

Comment

• He’s going for a ring. Hopefully the Lions can make him wish he’d have added us to the list.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Don't want him anywhere near our locker room. You filter bad character out so that a guy doesn't poison your team. THIS guy would be worse, way worse then any of the questionable guys talked about before. Hard Pass.
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• What “bad character” are you talking about here….my perspective of Hop is that he been a competitor on some bad teams. All WRs are divas…but I’ve never heard about Hopkins being a bad guy

Comment

• Was about to ask the same question because I heard someone else say that… maybe I’m unaware of something. Just asking… What specifically is there to worry about with Hopkins’ character? Doesn’t seem like a big deal from my outsider perspective. Put Hopkins in a winning environment and it’s fine.

If it’s just Hopkins being on the diva side of things, we’ve seen countless examples of great diva WRs being put in winning environments and having success short term. Moss, T.O., AB. To which, the Lions going after Hopkins is a short term move.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...ow/5701639001/

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• No one was going to trade for that salary...his last couple of years have been unspectacular...he will have interest as a free agent though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                  Was about to ask the same question because I heard someone else say that… maybe I’m unaware of something. Just asking… What specifically is there to worry about with Hopkins’ character? Doesn’t seem like a big deal from my outsider perspective. Put Hopkins in a winning environment and it’s fine.

If it’s just Hopkins being on the diva side of things, we’ve seen countless examples of great diva WRs being put in winning environments and having success short term. Moss, T.O., AB. To which, the Lions going after Hopkins is a short term move.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...ow/5701639001/

Yeah, he gives off a Diva vibe. I'm not sure that the Lions are ready for that kind of ego, and does he cause friction when Jamo returns?

I'm not a hard pass, but I'm not sold on him either
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• We shall see.

Just throwing it out there before Hopkins makes his choice. I’ve commonly heard Buffalo and KC as top candidates… those two teams are at the bottom of the league when it comes to available cap space right now. Hopkins signing with either team would further prove that cap space is irrelevant. Easy to work around short term with voided years, incentives, and signing bonus money.

Also is there any doubt that the Cardinals are a lead candidate to have the worst record this season? Could be beneficial long term with the upcoming draft class. Plus they own the Texans 1st RD pick. Future Cardinals WR Marvin Harrison Jr. 🤔
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Harrison Is going to be awesome
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I would take Nuk all day. He’s still a really good WR. We have a ton of $ and can pay him this season.

Comment

• This guy deserves to make the Bears squad. His childhood story has to be grim.

image.png
                          Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Well, that is true. But Dainty Penis has well known shortcomings in his deep game, as well as his ball handling. I'd say old Dainty's prospects are shrivelling.
                            Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• DeAndre Hopkins has not yet been officially released

Posted by Mike Florio on May 29, 2023, 8:11 PM EDT

Getty Images

Memorial Day weekend began with a Friday afternoon announcement from the Cardinals that they have released receiver DeAndre Hopkins.

They have not yet officially released him, however. Apparently, the league made Memorial Day weekend a four-day break, with no transactions posted on Friday.

This assumption is bolstered by the fact that the waiver requests initiated on Thursday have a claiming deadline not of Friday but of Tuesday.

Technically, then, the Cardinals could still trade Hopkins. It wouldn’t be the first time a team changed its mind about cutting a player when the news he was being cut sparked a belated trade market.

The problem is that no one wants to take on his contract. He’d need to agree to a new deal, or the Cardinals would need to be willing to pay some of the salary, basically buying a draft pick.

It remains highly unlikely. But it’s still not impossible until Hopkins is officially released.

The far greater likelihood is that his release will become official at 4:00 p.m. ET on Tuesday, at which time he’ll be able to sign with any team. It remains to be seen which team, when it happens, and what he’ll be paid.

And unless the Cardinals decide to delay the move until Friday, the Cardinals will take a $22.6 million cap charge for 2023. They could, if they wanted, hold back $11.3 million this year by waiting until Friday, in the event they might want to spend it later.

They clearly don’t. They want to kick it all to 2024, even if there’s a chance that the cap space could be used for a veteran player who might become available later this year.

Which is evidence that they don’t really care about 2023. Otherwise, they’d keep extra cap space around. Just in case.
                              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Owner Tom Brady’s player salary could be an issue, too

Posted by Mike Florio on May 29, 2023, 9:22 AM EDT

Getty Images

Although it would be good for the NFL’s business for Tom Brady to add “player” to his anticipated “owner” title with the Raiders, any effort by Brady to play for the Raiders after he officially acquires a piece of the team could be problematic, in multiple ways.

One, as explained here on Sunday, comes from the strategic benefit of having someone with full access to meetings, practices, playbooks, strategies, etc. become an official member of the roster. If Brady has any inkling about eventually playing, he already would be an unofficial member of the roster, making his transition far easier than if, for example, he were signed off the street.

Another concern comes from the question of what he would be paid as a player. He could, in theory, take the minimum in order to help the Raiders’ cap situation, realizing other benefits from his ownership status. And even if Brady received something comparable to other high-end quarterbacks, his ownership arrangement becomes a way to give him even more than what he’s getting — thereby circumventing the cap.

It’s another reason why one or more teams will likely object to Brady playing, if he tries to do so after his ownership acquisition is approved. By rule, all 32 owners would have to agree to let Brady play, if he’s an owner when he tries to do so.

That’s why the recent nugget from Vincent Bonsignore of the Las Vegas Review-Journal makes plenty of sense. The other owners should squeeze a promise from Brady that he will not try to play, if/when his partial purchase of the team is approved. And if Brady isn’t willing to make that commitment and honor it, he should withdraw his bid and focus on other business interests, like FTX.

Well, maybe not FTX.

Comment

Working...
                                X