NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
    Not terribly. It merely proves that you can have one of the transcendent QBs of his generation, but that'll only take you so far if the rest of the organization is trash.
    GB had a couple of bad defenses in the McCarthy era, but even those weren't this seasons Dallas bad. Right now they couldn't stop a little ol' lady crossing the street - they'd just get bitch-slapped with her stroller.

Comment

• Vikings already traded Ngakoue. Crazy
      WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
        Not terribly. It merely proves that you can have one of the transcendent QBs of his generation, but that'll only take you so far if the rest of the organization is trash.
        anyone else read this as "one of the transgendered QBs" the first time?
        The only logical explanation is:
        I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• not that there's anything wrong with that seinfeld GIF by myLAB Box
          Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• That Daniel Jones 80 yd run followed by a face plant was the most Daniel Jones play ever. The only thing missing was if he fumlbed and the ball webt out of bounds in the endzone, resulting in Philly getting the ball.

Comment

• Ha, that was hilarious.

Poor Daniel Jones though... should have won that game yesterday. Engram dropped a basically game winning pass... looked like a classic Ebron drop.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Ya, I had the PHILLY defense in a few fantasy leagues, so I had minimal interest in the game. I was flipping back and forth with the debate. I didn’t see the Jones run live, but saw it on gametracker on ESPN.

I saw the 80 yd run and was curious why he disn’t score. So I went to twitter to see the highlight and LAUGHED MY ASS OFF.

Comment

• Engram has been dreadful this year. He’s another in the long line of “athletic gamebreaker TE” who gets drafted too high. So teams just never learn.

Comment

• Hopefully, our new head coach

Comment

• He'll end up in Houston or NY.
                      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• B.J. Finney, seventh-round pick to Cincinnati for Carlos Dunlap

Posted by Josh Alper on October 28, 2020, 12:46 PM EDT

Getty Images

When word of the trade sending defensive end Carlos Dunlap from Cincinnati to Seattle first surfaced, there wasn’t mention of the specific compensation going back to the Bengals.

That compensation is now known. Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that offensive lineman B.J. Finney and a seventh-round pick are heading to Seattle.

Finney has played 29 special teams snaps for the Seahawks in six games this season. He made 13 starts on the interior of the Steelers line during his first four seasons in the league.

The move comes at a moment when the Bengals are dealing with a slew of injuries to their offensive line. Left tackle Jonah Williams, right tackle Bobby Hart and center Trey Hopkins were all hurt last Sunday and reports this week indicated they would be signing guard Quinton Spain as a free agent.
                        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Adam Gase says Quinnen Williams is staying put

Posted by Josh Alper on October 28, 2020, 12:31 PM EDT

Getty Images

Tuesday brought a report that the Jets were shopping defensive tackle Quinnen Williams that was quickly refuted by many others, although that didn’t rule out someone making a call to the Jets with an offer they couldn’t refuse for the 2019 first-round pick.

On Wednesday, head coach Adam Gase did his part to deny that the Jets would even listen to such a call. Gase said there was nothing to the initial report and said Williams will remain with the team beyond the November 3 trade deadline.

“He’s going to be here,” Gase said, via Ralph Vacchiano of SNY.

Williams has 28 tackles, three sacks and a forced fumble for the Jets so far this season.

Comment

• Report: Falcons talking to teams about trading Takk McKinley

Posted by Josh Alper on October 28, 2020, 12:19 PM EDT

Getty Images

Falcons defensive end Takk McKinley hasn’t practiced yet this week because of a groin injury and his next appearance on a practice field could come with another team.

Tom Pelissero of NFL Media reports that the Falcons have been talking about a McKinley trade with other teams. No deal is reportedly imminent, but Pelissero adds that other teams believe McKinley will be on the move before the November 3 deadline.

McKinley has been dealing with the groin injury for several weeks and has missed three games. He has eight tackles, seven quarterback hits and a sack on the year.

The 2017 first-round pick has 17.5 sacks over the course of his career. He’s set for free agency after this season as the Falcons declined their option on his contract for 2021.

Comment

• Cowboys will trade or cut Dontari Poe, Daryl Worley

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 28, 2020, 8:05 AM EDT

Getty Images

The Cowboys are continuing to get rid of under-performing veteran players on their under-performing defense.

Yesterday the Cowboys traded defensive end Everson Griffen to the Lions, and today Tom Pelissero of NFL Network reports that the Cowboys have informed defensive tackle Dontari Poe and cornerback Daryl Worley they’ll be released if they can’t be traded today.

Dallas’s defense has been a disaster this season, with many calls for coordinator Mike Nolan to lose his job. But these moves suggest that the Cowboys think the problem is the players not executing, rather than the game plan.

Poe has played 53 percent of the Cowboys’ defensive snaps this season, the most of any defensive tackle on the team. Worley has played 52 percent of the Cowboys’ defensive snaps, third-most of any cornerback on the team.

Comment

• Hyper-bowl

Bo Jackson: I’d average 350-400 yards a game today

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 28, 2020, 5:24 AM EDT

Getty Images

Bo Jackson was a phenomenal talent running the football, averaging 5.4 yards a carry during his brief NFL career while playing for the Raiders part time and playing Major League Baseball full time. But Jackson may be overestimating how well he’d do in today’s game.

Jackson said on Deion Sanders’ podcast that he is not impressed with the way modern players tackle, and he thinks if he were playing in 2020, he’d be averaging 350 or 400 yards a game.

Nobody wrap up and tackle no more,” Jackson said, via TheScore.com. “With me being a ball carrier, my coach taught us, number one, he said, ‘I know you can run, but I’m gonna teach you how to carry that football.’ He said, ‘that football is like your newborn baby, don’t ever put it on the ground. And keep it away from the enemy.’ It’s like this – and I watch technique – I don’t see nobody hitting or wrapping up. Everybody’s running into each other and trying to use their shoulder pads to knock the ball carrier down. And I’m like, if I played during this era, man, I’d be averaging 350-400 yards a game . . . because nobody wraps up anymore. They run into each other with their pads.”

Jackson was one of the best athletes ever to play the game, but he averaged 73.2 yards per game in his 38-game NFL career, so it’s probably safe to say he’s slightly exaggerating when he says he’d now average 350-400 yards.

Comment

Working...
                                X