X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chiefs release statement after Britt Reid charged with DWI

Posted by Charean Williams on April 13, 2021, 9:14 PM EDT

Getty Images

The Chiefs released a statement after former assistant coach Britt Reid, the son of head coach Andy Reid, was charged with driving while intoxicated Monday for a crash that seriously injured a 5-year-old Ariel Young.

“The Kansas City Chiefs organization remains steadfast in our concern for all who have been impacted by this tragic accident,” the team said. “Our prayers are focused on Ariel’s continued healing and recovery. The Chiefs are regularly in contact with the family’s designated representative during this challenging time.”

Many questions remain about the Feb. 4 wreck. Britt Reid, who has a previous drunk driving conviction, was going 83.9 mph and had a blood alcohol concentration of .113 when he slammed his car into a car that had pulled over to assist a stalled car, prosecutors say.

The crash happened days before Super Bowl LV and Britt Reid, then the Chiefs’ outside linebackers coach, missed the game. Britt Reid no longer is employed by the team.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• I hope Jordan Love sucks ass
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
        Chiefs release statement after Britt Reid charged with DWI

Posted by Charean Williams on April 13, 2021, 9:14 PM EDT

Getty Images

The Chiefs released a statement after former assistant coach Britt Reid, the son of head coach Andy Reid, was charged with driving while intoxicated Monday for a crash that seriously injured a 5-year-old Ariel Young.

“The Kansas City Chiefs organization remains steadfast in our concern for all who have been impacted by this tragic accident,” the team said. “Our prayers are focused on Ariel’s continued healing and recovery. The Chiefs are regularly in contact with the family’s designated representative during this challenging time.”

Many questions remain about the Feb. 4 wreck. Britt Reid, who has a previous drunk driving conviction, was going 83.9 mph and had a blood alcohol concentration of .113 when he slammed his car into a car that had pulled over to assist a stalled car, prosecutors say.

The crash happened days before Super Bowl LV and Britt Reid, then the Chiefs’ outside linebackers coach, missed the game. Britt Reid no longer is employed by the team.
        You don’t f’ing say!!!

Had this been any of us we’d have been in jail since the super bowl. What a real worthless POS situation this is.

That family is going through shit no parent should
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I don’t know if this has been mentioned anywhere but Aaron Rodgers has been the worst guest Jeopardy host (along with Dr. Oz).

Comment

• I thought he has been good.

Comment

• I haven’t heard anything but positive comments. I still hate his guts but can’t knock him for Jeopardy
              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• A A Ron should be hit with.........

steve harvey lol GIF by TV Land Classic
                Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• It was interesting to read The Ringer article on how hard it is to be the host of that show. Something you never really thought about when Alex Trabek was hosting it. The technical aspects of being the host of that show is much harder than other game shows.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    It was interesting to read The Ringer article on how hard it is to be the host of that show. Something you never really thought about when Alex Trabek was hosting it. The technical aspects of being the host of that show is much harder than other game shows.
                    Ironically which might be why Rodgers handled it as well as he did... considering his job for roughly a couple decades also was of the "manage several moving parts near simultaneously" variety.

Comment

• In that article it said he was the most prepared.

Comment

• His jokes seem decent enough but he doesn’t seem to have the personality. My friend (from Ohio and a Browns fan) thinks I’m judging him as a Lions fan but I didn’t think I was.

Comment

• He actually seems like a cool guy but he doesn’t ooze charisma or personality.

I guess that’s why team mates have said he’s not a leader before.

Comment

• I thought he was a jerk. 60 Minutes did a segment on him a long time ago and when a fan said he was shorter than he expected he got all huffy and really acted like a prick toward the fan.

Comment

• I liked him on Jeopardy and like I said before it's hard to figure out the guy because of stuff like that. But with him, the rest of his life he is always going to carry a grudge with him about the draft. I think that 60 minutes reaction was a manifestation of that. I think as he matured he has leaned into that, like in the State Farm commercials where he has that obnoxious guy heckling him.

I'll say this, all of the guest hosts have a pretty hard time as the job is very hard. I've watched most of those guest hosts and they all have gotten better the deeper into the run they got. Rodgers was no exception. You went from seeing a host that had 40 years of reps to newbies. It is much easier showing off a personality as you get more comfortable with the job.

Comment

• I could step in for Jeopardy and crush it. Not a problem
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X