NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    If Brady can make to age 45, Rodgers can too. He would definitely make it to 45 here with this burgeoning offensive line.
    Brady has also made a living out of taking care of himself for over a decade. Brady won’t happen again because he’s a once in a lifetime player and a psychopath with his health
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

I hope GB digs in and doesn’t trade him so they get nothing when he ups and retires. Truthfully I don’t even know what you’d offer up for 37 year old future HoF. He’s got 2 years of high caliber ball but who knows after that.
      He would do wonders for a team on the cusp.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

If Brady can make to age 45, Rodgers can too. He would definitely make it to 45 here with this burgeoning offensive line.
        You sure? You know better. We better get everyone Gardeners. Old schoolers know what I mean. The jinx is on.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• JULIO JONESWR, ATLANTA FALCONS
          ESPN's Michael Rothstein reports the Colts could be among potential trade partners for Julio Jones.

Rothstein said the 49ers, Patriots, and Raiders could also be in the mix for Julio if the Falcons make the agonizing decision to part ways with their longtime franchise cornerstone. Colts general manager Chris Ballard's willingness to engage in blockbuster trade talks and Indy's salary cap space -- around $21.5 million -- leave the Colts as a favorite to land Jones, 32, if they're willing to part with valuable 2022 draft picks. A healthy Jones would prove a marked upgrade for Carson Wentz and a Colts' receiver group led by fading veteran T.Y. Hilton. Jones has a $23 million cap hit in 2021 and a $20 million hit the following two years. New Atlanta general manager Terry Fontenot has pointedly not shot down Julio trade rumors, saying in April that the Falcons will "answer calls on any players." “When teams ask about players, we have to answer those calls and we have to listen because we do have to, we knew when we stepped into this we were going to have to make some tough decisions because it is just the reality of it," Fontenot added.

... See More
          RELATED:
          SOURCE: ESPN.com
          May 11, 2021, 10:33 AM

Comment

• Aaron Rodgers doesn't take care of his body?

Comment

• Do the Broncos have the cap space and draft picks to acquire Aaron Rodgers (assuming he becomes available)?

Who else could be in the hunt?

Comment

Bucs had enough receiving talent to utilize 6 blockers a ton in the form of an offensive lineman playing TE. A factor that should certainly not be ignored. I'm hyped on our line too but we lack the rest of the tools to make that type of deal happen with a Rodgers. It would take more than just bringing him here.

Let's be honest about Brady too if he didn't have that scenario he'd likely not be playing. Everything has aligned for him. To his credit an organization was willing to do that for him on a reputation he built. He kinda lucked into a team that was legit just being held back by a turnover machine at QB.

Comment

Aaron Rodgers doesn't take care of his body?
                  I'm sure he does but Brady is known to be over the top fanatical about it. Hell he's made his own lifestyle brand out of it and its not just a hollow brand. Its something that he actually does.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• That whole family needs a sandwich. IJS

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

I'm sure he does but Brady is known to be over the top fanatical about it. Hell he's made his own lifestyle brand out of it and its not just a hollow brand. Its something that he actually does.
                      Eh, that sort of "lifestyle" stuff seems to depend a hell of a lot more on simple genetics than the type of water you drink. "Taking care of your body" only goes so far when your DNA decides, "Nah, I'm done repairing you quick like. Get used to spending the next two weeks trying to deal with bending over too fast, bucko."

Comment

• Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Is he a dirt bag?

Mississippi confirms that Brett Favre has yet to repay $600,000

Posted by Mike Florio on May 12, 2021, 12:01 AM EDT

Getty Images

Last May, Hall of Fame quarterback Brett Favre faced serious questions about receiving $1.1 million in Mississippi welfare funds for work he didn’t do. This May, he hasn’t paid back the full amount of the money.

Via the Associated Press, Mississippi authorities confirmed on Tuesday that Favre has not yet paid back $600,000 that he promised to pay a year ago.

Favre promptly paid back large chunk of the money when the issue first arose.

“After the initial media dustup, he stroked a check for $500 grand and gave a commitment, a voluntary commitment, to repay the rest in the coming months,” Logan Reeves, a spokesman for Mississippi Auditor Shad White, told the AP. “And then, that didn’t happen.”

Favre, the AP notes, has not been accused of any crime.

Mississippi Today reported last week that Favre had not yet paid the remaining $600,000. Favre has yet to address the situation; a new episode of his weekly podcast has yet to debut.

Comment

• Darn it. Way too young.

Former NFL QB Colt Brennan dies at 37

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 11, 2021, 1:11 PM EDT

Getty Images

Colt Brennan, a record-breaking quarterback in college at Hawaii who had a brief pro football career, has died at the age of 37.

Hawaii News Now reported that details about his passing were not immediately available, but Brennan is believed to have been at a rehabilitation facility in California at the time of his death.

After backing up future Heisman Trophy-winner and first-round draft pick Matt Leinart in high school, Brennan was a lightly regarded recruit who bounced around from a junior college to a walk-on at Colorado to another junior college before the passing game guru June Jones recruited him to Hawaii.

At Hawaii, Brennan flourished as a three-year starter who was a Heisman Trophy finalist and remains the all-time record holder for highest career completion percentage in FBS college football.

Washington selected Brennan in the sixth round of the 2008 NFL draft and he spent two years there, followed by a year with the Raiders and then some time in the United Football League, Canadian Football League and Arena Football League.

Comment

• Week One Sunday night features first game with fans at SoFi Stadium (hopefully)

Posted by Mike Florio on May 12, 2021, 8:34 AM EDT

Getty Images

Last year, the first Sunday night game of the season had the Cowboys visiting the Rams, for the first game ever played at SoFi Stadium. This year, the first Sunday night game of the season will feature the first game ever played at SoFi Stadium with fans present. Hopefully.

The Bears will visit the Rams to cap the first Sunday of the league’s first 17-game season. The game will be televised by NBC.

Chicago will be a familiar foe for new Rams quarterback Matthew Stafford; he played the Bears twice per year from 2009 through 2020. It’s unknown whether the Bears will start the season with veteran Andy Dalton or rookie Justin Fields.

The league’s first 17-game season will end with the first Super Bowl played at SoFi Stadium. That game also will be televised by NBC.

Comment

• Season starts with Cowboys at Buccaneers

Posted by Mike Florio on May 12, 2021, 8:34 AM EDT

Getty Images

The 2021 regular season officially begins where the 2020 season ended.

The next NFL campaign opens with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers raising a banner and hosting the Dallas Cowboys.

NBC announced on Wednesday morning that Cowboys-Bucs launches the first 17-game slate in league history on Thursday, September 9. It will be Game No. 1 of 272.

The Buccaneers won their second Super Bowl title in February on the same field. They were the first team to play in a Super Bowl staged in their home stadium.

New Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn, who fell to Brady as the Seattle defensive coordinator in Super Bowl XLIX and the Falcons head coach in Super Bowl LI, will get a baptism by cannon fire against a Tampa Bay offense that returns all significant weapons. Ditto for the defense, as the Bucs become the first team since the 1970s to return all 22 starters.

For the Cowboys, the game will mark the return of quarterback Dak Prescott, who suffered a broken ankle in Week Five of the 2020 season. The Dallas offense is potent, and it could be a high-scoring and entertaining game.

The other options to start the season in Tampa were the Bills, Dolphins, Giants, Falcons, Saints, Panthers, and Bears. Each of those teams will play in Tampa at some point between Week Two and Week 18.

The full schedule officially will be released tonight. Leaks throughout the day are inevitable.

Comment

Working...
                                X