No announcement yet.

NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I highly doubt Tua's actually moved since Watson doesn't want to settle and the Dolphins owner doesn't want to trade for Watson unless his legal issues are resolved. Should Watson choose to settle though I see no harm in it if the Lions brass likes him. Probably depends highly on the asking price. I could see a weaker upcoming qb class raising his trade stock higher than it should be.

Comment

• Originally posted by kdk2002 View Post
      Should the Lions consider trading for Tua?
      No. Hardly a difference between Tua and Goff. Both HIGHLY dependent on the personnel around them to succeed.

I would rather have Tua's ROOKIE contract than Goff's contract. Not sure if there is anything the Lions can really do with Goff's contract situation.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• The quarterback along with the coach is the de facto leader of the franchise. You are basically the team spokesman and you have to lead the team. Watson has talent but it's hard to envision him leading the Lions to anything of note.

Comment

• Oh he can lead a football team. I just don’t see Sheila going for it or him passing the “no turds” policy after his likely antics.

Comment

• Yeah, he pouted like a baby before the allegations hit. He wasn't leading the Texans then, he was being an utter baby.

Comment

• True - but that’s a dysfunctional franchise. Any club that trades Hopkins for a third in the dead of night needs psychiatric help.

He also led them to a huge lead in an AFCCG.

I wouldn’t be so worried about his abilities, I just can’t see the Lions going for him because of his past.

Comment

• The Lions are the most dysfunctional franchise in football. And being a quarterback for the Lions is the hardest job in football. He wouldn't know what hit him, it's the reason why Stafford's performance in Detroit was even better than realized at the time. Deshaun Watson woukd be Lionized in a year. He would be like Jon Kitna walking off the field during an interception return.

Comment

• That's if being "Lionized" is still a thing. Being lionized was mainly a symptom of poor ownership making poor football hires who made poor player decisions to stick the few great players with a bunch of shitters. Those good players then lacking any confidence in that changing.

Sheila Ford Hamp having the family name does not mean she's the same as her parents. It only takes a small bit of looking to see the ship is run much differently. Time will tell if the different is better but that change gives it a chance. Players becoming Lionized is no longer guaranteed. A young hungry roster helps. They will learn and will fight hard to keep their jobs or gain opportunities elsewhere down the road.

Comment

• Former Cardinals/Bills WR, John Brown asked for his release again. This time from the Broncos now that Jeudy is back. Veteran looking for playing time. probably someone the Lions should take a look at. We'd be probably his best chance to get on the field a lot. I'd normally rather let young guys get experience in a rebuild but the WR position has been so bad overall its a disservice to the rest of the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by JGSpartan View Post
                      That's if being "Lionized" is still a thing. Being lionized was mainly a symptom of poor ownership making poor football hires who made poor player decisions to stick the few great players with a bunch of shitters. Those good players then lacking any confidence in that changing.

Sheila Ford Hamp having the family name does not mean she's the same as her parents. It only takes a small bit of looking to see the ship is run much differently. Time will tell if the different is better but that change gives it a chance. Players becoming Lionized is no longer guaranteed. A young hungry roster helps. They will learn and will fight hard to keep their jobs or gain opportunities elsewhere down the road.
                      While that's true, the big fat goose egg in the win column is going to wear down ANYONE the longer it stays there.

Comment

• While John Brown would probably be a legit upgrade to the Lions WRs core… specifically when the Lions need outside speed…. I would rather tank, tank, tank.

Here is an excellent list of WRs that the Lions could add right now. Sign them off the couch. Best interest of the franchise:

Az-Zahir Hakim, Stephen Alexander, Scottie Vines, Mike Furrey, John Standeford, Bryant Johnson, white man with dreads, Dennis Northcutt, Kris Durham, Jeremy Ross, TJ Jones, random training camp darling that never had a snap in the regular season, Corey Fuller, Jared Abbrederis, Chris Lacy, and the 2021 Lions WR core.

I’m all for having an all-star WR core of JAGS this season.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Mike Furrey?

Hilarious.
                          Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Protect the draft position

Comment

• JJ Watt likely done for the year. Just can't stay healthy for long.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                                JJ Watt likely done for the year. Just can't stay healthy for long.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/c...er-per-report/
                                That's good for my Rams
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X