No announcement yet.

NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And Wilson had to do it with a really shitty OL for long stretches.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• He hasn't been very good the last two years and his supporters did the whole, "Let Russ cook" nonsense. He got his wish, let's see him cook.

We should eliminate the word "elite" from nearly all sports conversations. If I were czar of the world I would issue severe punishment for any clown using the word.

Comment

• Right, 2020 had career highs in Combined Passing/rushing Yards TD's etc. and they had their best team record since 2014. He did that because he wasn't very good?

Or are we overreacting to only last year when he had the finger injury he came back too soon from?

Comment

• Another word I hate is “generational” which normally heralds a future bust.

Comment

• Originally posted by JGSpartan View Post
            Right, 2020 had career highs in Combined Passing/rushing Yards TD's etc. and they had their best team record since 2014. He did that because he wasn't very good?

Or are we overreacting to only last year when he had the finger injury he came back too soon from?
            I’m not huge on him. Holds the ball too long and doesn’t throw over the middle. Also seems like a bit of a dick.

Comment

• I just don’t see him as “elite”…which is a semantic definition I only apply to guys like Brady, Erin, and mahomes probably. I don’t even put Josh Allen in this group yet

If I was doing a fantasy draft right now…I can’t say I’d take Wilson over Stafford. And I certainly don’t recognize Stafford as an “elite QB”

Comment

• Ok JG but that’s my opinion of that game I watched from start to finish.
                After half time Wilson ran, scrambled, and made great throws to lead his team back to a win.
                That is what I call carrying the team on his back.
                That day no other QB playing for them or mostly in the league would have won that game.

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
                  Ok JG but that’s my opinion of that game I watched from start to finish.
                  After half time Wilson ran, scrambled, and made great throws to lead his team back to a win.
                  That is what I call carrying the team on his back.
                  That day no other QB playing for them or mostly in the league would have won that game.
                  Great throws are meaningless if your receivers don't catch them. Also meaningless if your defense lets your opponent score every drive. They also need blocks when they scramble. I could go on. No QB wins alone. That doesn't mean they can't be better than other QB's.

Comment

• You just want Ed to create an opportunity to call my opinion delusional.
                    looking for an argument.
                    go back to your paper shuffling.

Comment

You just want Ed to create an opportunity to call my opinion delusional.
                      looking for an argument.
                      What the hell are you blathering on about?
                      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

You just want Ed to create an opportunity to call my opinion delusional.
                        looking for an argument.
                        I agree with you on Russ's talent. I meant the delusional comment in general towards the QB Jesus mindset and not specifically you. I was more disagreeing with Froot's "he's not been very good" take.

People don't like the terms elite or generational? Fine. Don't think he's a top guy? Fine. Hasn't been very good the last two years though, is imo, a hot take not based in the reality of his play. Possibly formed because Wilson seems to be a self-important asshole.

I'm not really trying to be antagonistic with anyone but I sometimes get aggressive with my wording when I shouldn't.

Comment

• Let's see him cook and prove me wrong.

Stafford has certainly been better and that was a guy who carried a franchise on his back.

Comment

• I believe the weight of the Lions broke his back. He did miss those 8 games.
                            "Yeah, we just... we don't want them to go. So that's our motivation."
                            Dan Campbell at Green Bay, January 8, 2023.​

Comment

• Trevor Lawrence: Obviously, you can’t deny that the Jaguars are a really good team

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 27, 2022, 5:48 AM EDT

Getty Images

The Jaguars have had the worst record in the NFL two years in a row, but this year, quarterback Trevor Lawrence says things are very different.

The Jaguars beat the Chargers 38-10 on Sunday and beat the Colts 24-0 the week before that, and Lawrence says two dominant wins can’t be denied.

“Obviously, the way we’ve played, you can’t deny that we are a really good team,” Lawrence said. “But at the end of the day, it doesn’t matter what they say about us. We know who we are. Our only goal on Sunday is to win the game. And the way people think about us, it doesn’t really matter. Every week we are going to prepare the same way. We’re going to be ready to play. We have a bunch of competitors, so it’s been a lot of fun.”

The Jaguars’ +46 point differential is the second-best in the NFL through three games this season, and their 2-1 record puts them all alone in first place in the AFC South. It will take a lot more than two wins to erase all the doubts about the Jaguars, but this looks like a very different team than we’ve seen in Jacksonville the last couple of years.
                              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Mac Jones on ankle: I’m just taking it day to day

Posted by Josh Alper on September 26, 2022, 6:15 PM EDT

Getty Images

Patriots quarterback Mac Jones was last seen on Sunday howling in pain while being carried to the locker room after losing to the Ravens and a report on Monday indicated that he is dealing with a “pretty severe” high-ankle sprain.

Jones appeared to be in a lot less pain when he spoke to reporters during a media session on Monday afternoon and he toed the company line when it came to revealing any information about his condition.

“I’m just kind of taking it day to day, and making sure everything’s good,” Jones said, via Michael Hurley of CBS Boston. “And honestly, any injury questions are Coach Belichick’s thing. So I’m not here to answer them. I appreciate everyone kind of reaching out and looking after me, but it’s kind of just a day-to-day thing, and I’m just trying to get better.”

Wednesday will bring the first practice of the week and the first injury report will be released after that session. That may not shed light on Jones’ long-term outlook, but it may be the next official word on where things stand with his ankle.
                                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X