Detroit Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off Topic: Detroit Tigers

Here's a fresh Tigers thread. Let's hope that the Tigers wipe the stink off and start fresh, too.

(moving the last several posts here shortly, go to the end if you don't want to read them)
    Last edited by -Deborah-; June 11, 2020, 03:05 PM.
    #birdsarentreal

Looks like Tork is pretty much official. Would've been tough for me ... Martin might've been the guy, but this is ok
    WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

Excited to order a Torkelson Tigers shirt in the near future. TORK.

Draft Profile: Spencer Torkelson
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

I just hope they're not taking the wrong guy. A few years ago it seemed Kelenic had something about him IMO but they had to take Mize. A guy like Lacy is rare and tough to pass on. So is Martin. Just hope Tork's HR don't turn into long outs at COPA.

Comment

I would have Martin (better all around player) but it’s sort of 1A/1B with him and Tork. Tork is sort of like taking Hockensuck Ballsack. He doesn’t play a premium position, so you need that guy to produce AND produce from day 1. It’s all bat with Tork. So if he doesn’t hit, then your left with nothing.

Martin can play all over the field and he can run. He just has elite instincts. He’s a baseball player. I think if he was a clear cut SS, then this is a different story in terms of us picking him.

Tork has to be Bryant/Alonso/Texieria. Like I’ve mentioned before, you can get that CJ Cron level 1B. They grow on trees.

Most scouts put Tork as 60 hit and 70 power with patience. That’s why he’s going #1, but if he fails to be that 35-40 homer type, then the pick is a failure.

Comment

Tork does have the track record. 3 years of mashing in college. His Cape numbers (wood bat) are great and he hit for Team USA. So he’s got the track record, but he still has to make that difficult climb to MLB.

Forsh, Veen is the Kelenic of this draft. Most feel he has the highest upside, but he’s a HS guy. Tork has 3 years of production on him.

An interesting side note is that the draft today goes through #37. We have pick #38, so we will be picking first tomorrow. That’s actually an awesome spot to be in. We will have 24 hours to make deals with that pick. Under slot/over slot. Go over for a HS guy who dropped? Or do we take a college guy and go under, which would result in having more $ to throw at the #62 and #73 picks.

Great spot to be in.

Comment

I was listening to a pod and the guy was saying due to this being a deep draft, it’s possible we could land 3 guys in this draft who land in our top 10 prospects.

Comment

People are saying not to expect any surprises at the top of the draft tonight.

Originally posted by The King View Post
                I would have Martin (better all around player) but it’s sort of 1A/1B with him and Tork. Tork is sort of like taking Hockensuck Ballsack. He doesn’t play a premium position, so you need that guy to produce AND produce from day 1. It’s all bat with Tork. So if he doesn’t hit, then your left with nothing.

Martin can play all over the field and he can run. He just has elite instincts. He’s a baseball player. I think if he was a clear cut SS, then this is a different story in terms of us picking him.

Tork has to be Bryant/Alonso/Texieria. Like I’ve mentioned before, you can get that CJ Cron level 1B. They grow on trees.

Most scouts put Tork as 60 hit and 70 power with patience. That’s why he’s going #1, but if he fails to be that 35-40 homer type, then the pick is a failure.
                Ha, I was thinking that exact same thing this morning. Picking Torkelson is like picking Hockenson. Not to dismiss how their last name is similar.
                Torkelson is the best 1B player to come out in the draft in recent years... as Hockenson was for TE. Not a high value position though.

Oh well. I'm very excited about TORK.
                Will be the most exciting position player prospect I've seen as a Tigers fan since 2005.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

I don't know why everyone is so sure Tork will stick at 1B. I've read quite a bit about him being able to play a corner OF spot or even 3B. The dude can straight up mash and I love the pick.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

I think corner OF is really the only other spot he would be capable of playing. He’s played there at ASU. I think we give him a chance. Riley Greene wasn’t expected to be a CF, but we have tried him there.

Shit, he can’t play OF any worse than JD/Castellanos/Stewart.

Comment

Castellanos was terrible in the OF.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Tork does have the track record. 3 years of mashing in college. His Cape numbers (wood bat) are great and he hit for Team USA. So he’s got the track record, but he still has to make that difficult climb to MLB.

Forsh, Veen is the Kelenic of this draft. Most feel he has the highest upside, but he’s a HS guy. Tork has 3 years of production on him.

An interesting side note is that the draft today goes through #37. We have pick #38, so we will be picking first tomorrow. That’s actually an awesome spot to be in. We will have 24 hours to make deals with that pick. Under slot/over slot. Go over for a HS guy who dropped? Or do we take a college guy and go under, which would result in having more $ to throw at the #62 and #73 picks.

Great spot to be in.
                        King, the thing that stood out to me with Kelenic was the intangible. He just seemed to have that drive that makes players great. Martin sounds like that type

Comment

I think corner OF is really the only other spot he would be capable of playing. He’s played there at ASU. I think we give him a chance. Riley Greene wasn’t expected to be a CF, but we have tried him there.

Shit, he can’t play OF any worse than JD/Castellanos/Stewart.
                          Only way this guy plays corner OF is if there is veteran who is old and slow who needs to play 1B, and thats because there was a veteran who was getting older and couldn't play 3B, and because there is a veteran even older and slower than him that has to DH. It's a Tigers disease.
                          Last edited by Fraquar; June 10, 2020, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Interesting when they announced Tork at the draft they called him a 3B. That's possible. His arm is supposed to be good.

Dean Palmer with a better bat

Comment

Nice Caddyshack and Jaws posters at Tork's house

Comment

Working...
                              X