Detroit Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since when is there a salary cap in baseball
    WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Hey now, it might be a cap for Mr.Ilitch.

Payroll. I misspoke.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Very telling that Derek Hill got very little playing time after being called up. That does not bode for his future.

I think right now you can ink these guys into the lineup

C
        1B Candelario
        2b
        SS Castro
        3b Paredes
        LF
        CF Reyes/Jones
        RF Cameron/Reyes
        DH Miggy

SP
        SP Turnbull
        SP Boyd
        SP Mize
        SP Skubal

Bullpen
        RH Garcia
        RH Jiminez
        LH Soto

Hopefully they sign someone that can provide some power in a corner OF spot. I have seen enough of Jones to know that he is a 4th OF on a good team./
        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Daniel Morris might have found his role he was OK this short season

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
            Daniel Morris might have found his role he was OK this short season
            Yeah, I can see Norris as a multi inning relief guy/spot starter
            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Ya. That’s a great role for him. He gives you 3 innings. Seems like he gets hit the second time through the order. So this makes a lot of sense.

Comment

• We need to get rid of Boyd and Jiminez. Sick of their story by now. They are losing players.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                  We need to get rid of Boyd and Jiminez. Sick of their story by now. They are losing players.
                  Not the biggest fan of Boyd, but you give him next year. If nothing else he is going to soak up 150 innings and likely be somewhere below to slightly above league average. The important thing is that having him in the rotation buys you time for guys like Manning and Faedo (asumming their forearm strains don't get worse) and that can't be underscored.

JJ to me as the upside of being a second tier closer. He will be back in the bullpen next year but I seriously think the closing job is up for grabs.

Biggest thing....is who will be the new manager. I think the Tigers will go outside of organization for someone.

Comment

• Interested to see what happens with that Justin Turner thing in baseball. He was removed from last night's game in 8th inning after positive Covid test ... but came back way after game to take pictures with team and celebrate a bit.

Obviously he was in the game and dugout until 8th inning while being positive, so there's no way to know if his post game decision caused anything ... but it's beyond irresponsible. Didn't have a mask on for a moment, altho he was in the front row for a picture and seemed to only take it off for a second (EDIT ... THAT I SAW).

Shouldn't have gone out tho bad move
                    Last edited by Forsh; October 28, 2020, 04:59 PM.

Comment

• Obviously MLB should step in and give the title to TB for Justin Turner’s mistake.

White Sox go with a ridiculous manager hire, leaving the Tigers all alone to snag AJ Hinch. Let’s go!
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                        Obviously MLB should step in and give the title to TB for Justin Turner’s mistake.

White Sox go with a ridiculous manager hire, leaving the Tigers all alone to snag AJ Hinch. Let’s go!
                        Sounds like that will happen (the Hinch thing)

Comment

• That Snell move was an epic fuck up. Cash had Glasnow throw 115 pitches in Game 1. Snell was a former Cy Young cruising with 73 pitches. Cash said he was worried about Mookie, but keep in mind Snell won a Cy Young with TB when Mookie played in the same division on BOS. Those guys have seen each other plenty of times.

The same thing happened last year when HINCH yanked Grienke in a similar situation in the WS. Grienke was throwing 70 MPH curves and dealing.

Yes, I had TB at 28/1 to win the WS in Jan, so I’m pretty pissed. Although, TB was like the MoneyBall A’s. It’s a great story until you don’t have that $15-20 million slugger. That low cost shit shows up when you play the big spenders.

Comment

• Hinch? Whatever. We need someone to develop and grow wifh the farm, but the cheating thing will always bw there. I understand he served his time, but it will never go away.

I guess he’s better than Sal Falsano. The single slowest player in MLB history. Even slower than Victor. Sal fucking Falsano. Never thought I would hear from him again.

Comment

• Keep in mind the guy who followed Snell gave up a run 6 games in a row in the playoffs,. Only to set the record with 7.

This was an all time fuckup. Historical fuck up.

Comment

• As for Turner, that was really strange he got yanked after his AB. It was like 11 PM ET at that time. Very strange. I will just let that story play out.

Comment

Working...
                                X