No announcement yet.

Detroit Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's no handwringing here. This is EXACTLY what I expected. This is exactly what Froot (and I to a lesser degree) had told you was coming when Mike Illitch passed away. But a lot of fans decided that there was no way Chris would run this team exactly like he did the last time he was in charge.

We knew better. The time will never be right to spend. This is what the Tigers will be until Chris either dies or sells the team.

Comment

• The Tigers' couldn't have been fleeced any harder.
      The centerpiece in the 2017 Justin Verlander trade, Franklin Perez has only appeared in only 27 innings in the Detroit Tigers' minor leagues.

Comment

• Nice moral victory tonight

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          The Tigers' couldn't have been fleeced any harder.
          Listen man, it was VITALLY IMPORTANT to blow it all up so that we could get to this point two years sooner than we needed to!

Comment

• Saw a stat that the Tigers offensive WAR is -2.7 through 28 games. Obviously ranked 30th.
            29th is the Pirates at 1.6 and the MLB average is 3.2.

It’s like the Tigers offense is Gerald Laird.
            So bad.

Scoring 7 runs last night is unheard of.
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• If you like your sanity don't look at Castellanos or JD Martinez.

Comment

• The problem with looking at the WAR through 28 games is your mind automatically is conditioned in baseball to think a team is going to bounce back based on past performances. It's hard to make that case here, Cabrera is the only option that could turn it around but he might be totally washed. I'm not joking when I say that the 2003 everyday lineup was much better. They had a few decent players that weren't in their future but had some previous success they could lean on and that team won 43 games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                  Saw a stat that the Tigers offensive WAR is -2.7 through 28 games. Obviously ranked 30th.
                  29th is the Pirates at 1.6 and the MLB average is 3.2.

So bad.

Scoring 7 runs last night is unheard of.
                  Last time I looked at the Tigers team hitting stats - they looked like Ray Oyler with a little pop in his bat.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post

So bad.
                    !!!!
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

The problem with looking at the WAR through 28 games is your mind automatically is conditioned in baseball to think a team is going to bounce back based on past performances. It's hard to make that case here, Cabrera is the only option that could turn it around but he might be totally washed. I'm not joking when I say that the 2003 everyday lineup was much better. They had a few decent players that weren't in their future but had some previous success they could lean on and that team won 43 games.
                      Agree - but I think we can say the complete opposite in terms of the pitching.
                      These may be equally bad teams - for two totally different reasons.

2003 pitching was horrendous - and most of that staff had no previous history at all - let alone success.
                      it's hard to imagine this staff being that bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post

Agree - but I think we can say the complete opposite in terms of the pitching.
                        These may be equally bad teams - for two totally different reasons.

2003 pitching was horrendous - and most of that staff had no previous history at all - let alone success.
                        it's hard to imagine this staff being that bad.
                        The starting pitching of the current crew is what gives me hope about the Tigers. It is keeping them in games and the offense should come back some (still most nights going to be a below average offense).
                        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• They are last in the league in pitching, Boyd is going to revert and Urena might not be around in August.

Comment

They are last in the league in pitching, Boyd is going to revert and Urena might not be around in August.
                            I wasn't talking about the entire staff just the starting staff. Last I saw the Tigers starting pitching ERA was 4.15 which was good for 15th in all of MLB.

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• 1. That's probably a high water mark, Boyd isn't going to carry a 2.27 ERA and Urena wi revert or be traded.

2. It's a shit stat anyways, who cares what the starting pitching is ranked in MLB when total pitching is last in the league? We are not talking a 5 man rotation of innings eaters.

This team is a fucking disaster,

Comment

• By the end of the season, it'll likely be the three worst and five of the seven worst seasons in terms of run differential.

And all five have happened with Chris Illitch running the show.

But, ya know, we just gotta believe he'll spend when the time is right!

Comment

Working...
                                X