Detroit Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by foxhopper View Post
    Six in a row. Yeah, I know it has been against the bottom of the league.
    Considering this was a team who you couldn't even bet would go .500 against the bottom of the league, that's a significant improvement.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
      I think Hinch really didn't have too many options; he was a disgraced manager in a year without a lot of high-profile openings. He took what he could get. Gotta remember that he carried the stink of that entire Astros stealing signs debacle. It was the best for both parties; Hinch goes to a team with no expectations where he can rehabilitate his image and not get penalized if the Tigers suck because... well they're the Tigers.

Chris I. gets someone that he can point to that "See? I care! See? SEE?" while keeping payroll low, which is all he REALLY cares about.
      This is so spot on
      WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
        I think Hinch really didn't have too many options; he was a disgraced manager in a year without a lot of high-profile openings. He took what he could get. Gotta remember that he carried the stink of that entire Astros stealing signs debacle. It was the best for both parties; Hinch goes to a team with no expectations where he can rehabilitate his image and not get penalized if the Tigers suck because... well they're the Tigers.

Chris I. gets someone that he can point to that "See? I care! See? SEE?" while keeping payroll low, which is all he REALLY cares about.
        Hinch, unlike Lunlow, is actually well liked throughout MLB. He admitted that he didn't do enough to stop it (although I would say taking a bat and laying waste to the setup on two different times made his feelings known). There never really was a question of if he would manage again--it was always a matter of when and where. Hinch doesn't come if there is not some assurances that the Tigers would spend. BTW, Avila just said that the Tigers are no longer rebuilding but building now.

This team is pretty much right on track. The young kids are playing well and they are sorting through them. Make no mistake, this is a not a good baseball team---I thought before the year this was a 70-73 win team. Still think that is the range though I would not be surprised to see them around 75 wins when the year is done.

I don't think they will be sellers at the deadline, if anything maybe a minor buyer. Schoop is the most obvious trade candidate, but not a lot of contenders have needs at 2b or 1b.
        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• The starting pitching has been mostly good for the last couple of months. Mize, Skubal, and random Wily Peralta. Even Manning has started to settle in. Impressive when considering the top three projected starters coming into opening day went down. Boyd, Turnbull, and Teheran. Forgot about Julio Teheran....

Big lineup shuffle as crappy Mazara, Ramos, W Castro, and Goodrum are either gone or receive less playing time. Regulars in April.
          The emergence of Baddoo and Haase/Rogers. Schoop, Grossman, and Candelario have been nice.
          Huge swing as the Tigers looked like a historically bad offense at one point.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Six in a row means they should be buyers at the deadline. The deadline is an underrated time to build for the future.

Comment

• The Tigers announced Friday that they’ve signed No. 3 overall draft pick Jackson Jobe and No. 39 overall pick Izaac Pacheco. That pair of signings comes just a few days after the Tigers locked up No. 32 overall pick Ty Madden. Jobe received a $6.9MM bonus that clocks in $322K under slot, reports Jim Callis of MLB.com (Twitter links). He adds that Pacheco signed for a $2.75MM that is about $850K over slot.

Comment

• There it is. Under slot with Jobe and overpaid Pacheco to not go to school.

Comment

• Not a big fan of that strategy. If you think Jobe is a better prospect than Mayer (I can see the possibility) then fine, but otherwise nah, not that high in the draft. BPA

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                    Not a big fan of that strategy. If you think Jobe is a better prospect than Mayer (I can see the possibility) then fine, but otherwise nah, not that high in the draft. BPA
                    Agreed. Should have went with the SS but we'll see how he pans out. I love the Madden pick
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• NOW let's trade Jobe for Kris Bryant. Do it this weekend. Have a deal in place so it doesn't become an Atlanta Braves renting Mark Teixeira 2.0 situation.

Come on Chris/Avila. Hottest team in baseball!!
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Jim Callis said we went Jobe over Meyer because we ranked Jobe higher.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                          Jim Callis said we went Jobe over Meyer because we ranked Jobe higher.
                          That's fine then ... I get it. Huge potential

Comment

• He only signed for 300K under. Henry fucking Davis went #1 and was $2 million under.

We didn’t save huge $ with Jobe. Makes me believe he’s the guy we wanted. People can argue all they want, but we just took one 18 year old over another 18 year old. Whatever.

Comment

• Yeah it's fine. I actually liked Jobe better, altho I get the risk. Just didn't like the thought of taking a player simply based on signing them under slot

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                                Yeah it's fine. I actually liked Jobe better, altho I get the risk. Just didn't like the thought of taking a player simply based on signing them under slot
                                While this is a very real concern with any team run by Chris Ilitch, and that he absolutely WOULD choose any given player simply to save 300k... I don't think that was the case here. Jobe isn't a reach by any stretch of the imagination.

Comment

Working...
                                X