Detroit Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    Says who? The Tigers are free to pay him.
    Think about who currently owns the Tigers.

Now repeat what you just wrote there.

I think you'll quickly see the issue.

Comment

• I get that and you might be right but this is a case where I don't think they would be cheap on it.

Comment

• Baseball contracts are guaranteed. Miggy gets his 32 million either way. The only difference is if he plays the Tigers will pay all of it. If he is forced to retire because of injury insurance will pay part of his contract.

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Verlander was absolutely filthy tonight.

I'm sure the Tigers got a royal haul for trading him, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

Think about who currently owns the Tigers.

Now repeat what you just wrote there.

I think you'll quickly see the issue.
            lol
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
              Verlander was absolutely filthy tonight.

I'm sure the Tigers got a royal haul for trading him, right?
              I hope this serves as a lesson...make sure you have the right GM in place when trading a hall of famer......It is amazing they didnt even have to give up one major league ready player for him and the Tigers paid a good chunk of JV's salary too.....

Comment

• The manic nonsense that involved wanting to trade him pisses me off to this day.

Comment

The manic nonsense that involved wanting to trade him pisses me off to this day.
                  People wanted to trade him so he'd actually have a chance to get to and win a WS. He wasn't ever going to get a chance again in Detroit.
                  Why would that piss you off?
                  The guys any sane fan wanted traded they couldn't trade - because they were old, slow, always hurt or were former stars whose luster had long since tarnished.
                  And those guys had crippling salary hits relative to their performance - all of them.

Comment

• The problem wasn't trading him, it was getting nothing for him in a crucial rebuild. That was our "this guy doesnt know what he is doing" moment with Al Avila.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post

People wanted to trade him so he'd actually have a chance to get to and win a WS. He wasn't ever going to get a chance again in Detroit.
                      Why would that piss you off?
                      The guys any sane fan wanted traded they couldn't trade - because they were old, slow, always hurt or were former stars whose luster had long since tarnished.
                      And those guys had crippling salary hits relative to their performance - all of them.
                      That's a bunch a bullshit you need to read up to get educated, Lynn Henning had an article at the time saying Verlander would have been selfish if he refused a trade. He had to be convinced. The jackwagons on sports talk radio were saying the same thing and how he was holding back the rebuild.

He. Did. Not. Want. To. Leave.

Don't make up shit.

Comment

That's a bunch a bullshit you need to read up to get educated, Lynn Henning had an article at the time saying Verlander would have been selfish if he refused a trade. He had to be convinced. The jackwagons on sports talk radio were saying the same thing and how he was holding back the rebuild.

He. Did. Not. Want. To. Leave.

Don't make up shit.
                        Yep. He wanted a statue in Comerica.
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I read the freep a lot back then and there was definitely a Verlander was injured and washed up vibe going around
                          "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• It was in this forum too, even as he was pitching dominantly.

Comment

It was in this forum too, even as he was pitching dominantly.
                              It was a pretty damn small island on this forum that thought trading Verlander was a bad idea.

I recall I wasn't inherently against the idea, but that the other team better mortgage the kingdom to make it happen. Instead, Avila got a used Chevy Nova and some of those "Do Not Eat This" drying agent packets.
                              Last edited by chemiclord; October 20, 2022, 10:23 PM.

Comment

• Yep and this subject continues to come up because Verlander is going to win another Cy Young six seasons later and the rebuild was an utter, abject failure.

Comment

Working...
                                X