No announcement yet.

Detroit Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boyd is not a guy I would have targeted. But there is some upside here.

10 million/1 year (plus 1 million in incentives) isn't a bad deal. When Boyd is healthy he is a #3-4 starter that can chew up 175 innings at a league average rate. There have been extended periods where Boyd has pitched at a frontline level. Hopefully, he catches fire and does that and the Tigers can move him at the deadline for a blue or purple chip hitting prospect. I think they needed to aim higher but if Boyd is the second piece they bring in the rotation----then this could be a steal of a deal.

E-rod is the returning starter that is coming back without an arm injury. Turnbull is about 18 months removed from TJ surgery there should be no innings restrictions on him but who knows what kind of quality they are going to get from him. Mize is out for the year and Skubal looks like possibly after the AS break. Manning is healthy but he had a forearm strain that shut him down at the end of the year. So yeah, they needed at least one starter. I would argue they need a second one with E-rod having an opt out at the end of this year and one would figure if he has a good year then he opts out and might be one of the top options out there (especially since he can't be offered the QO).

Beyond these 6 starters. Then you start digging into guys like Beau Brieske (who looked like he belonged in a big league rotation), Garrett Hill (who looked like he belonged on an MLB staff---probably as a long relief/spot starter guy), Joey Wentz (meh) and then prospects like Reese Olson and Wilmer Flores (younger brother of the MLB player with the same name). Further on down are guys Mattison, Jobe and Madden.

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Seems like alot of money for a pretty mediocre pitcher. he seems better out of the bullpen ...at least it is only for one year.

Comment

• Mike Clevinger got 12/1. Tyler Anderson got 39/3,

A few baseball insiders are saying that the SP market is going to be higher than most think. FA in general too.
        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• If he is healthy, he is a good bet to post somewhere around a 1.2-1.4 WAR and last I had checked a +1 war is worth somewhere around $8 million.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            If he is healthy, he is a good bet to post somewhere around a 1.2-1.4 WAR and last I had checked a +1 war is worth somewhere around $8 million.
            He had a 1.3 WAR in about 230 PAs last year.

Comment

• Around MLB News
              Degrom 185/5 deal with the Rangers

JV signs 86/2 and a vesting 3rd year with the Mets

Judge has 2 300+million/9 year contracts in hand

Comment

• Trea Turner 300/11 year deal to Philly.Philly
                JV 86/2 with 3rd year option to the Mets.

judge flying in to winter meetings tomorrow

Comment

• Man, the Mets are going to look SO silly when they discover Verlander's got nothing left! After all, isn't that part of the reason why the Tigers traded him five years ago?

Comment

• No they clearly traded him to get in position to draft Casey Mize 1st overall
                    WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Brandon Nimmo is flying in to the winter meetings tomorrow. Very well might be signing somewhere then.

Carlos Estevez signs with the Angels 13/2. He very well might be their closer. It could be a very good signing for them.

Comment

• Joe Jiminez traded to Atlanta for 2 minor leaguers.

Comment

• Tigers trade Gregory Soto and Kody Clemens to Phillies for 3 players....Two of them are versatile and play several positions and the third is primarily a catcher.

Comment

• Maton hasa good eye and will compete for the starting 3b along with Ryan Kriedler. Viersling manned CF until the Phillies traded for Brandon Marsh. I feel for Viersling having Schwarber and Nick C. as his corners. Neither guy has much range. Schwarber is below average out there and Nick C. is still a disaster defensively.

Lange is probably now the Tigers closer with Foley as the main setup guy.

I think this is the lineup I wold go with for the Tigers right now

CF Greene
                            SS Baez
                            RF Meadows
                            DH Carpenter/Haase
                            2b Schoop
                            1b Torkelson
                            LF Baddoo
                            C Rogers/Haase
                            3b Kriedler/Maton

Bench

1 of Haase/Carpenter/Rogers
                            Kriedler/Maton
                            DH Miggy
                            OF Viersling

I really don't like the lineup, but there are much worse ones out there (Oakland comes to mind). I think if Rogers demonstrates he is healthy with his arm then it is an easy call to give him a majority time share at C. Haase I can see something like 50 starts at C, 30 at DH, 15 in the OF and 15 at 1b. That is a 110 start and around 420-450 PAs. Going to be a lot of moving parts in the lineup this year even if you get a lot of growth and development.

I don't see a guy in that lineup that you say---I have to make sure that guy doesn't beat me. Miggy is best as a bench player he just can't fo the grind anymore.

Comment

• Greene and Tork better rake because this team is f’ing boring
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I can actually root for the Tigers to win now that the dumbassed GM has been fired. Refreshing feeling this year.
                                70-92 here we come!
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X