No announcement yet.

Fuck these Fucking Fucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long true story short……. Back in 2005 i was working away in Gravesend & Northfleet, London for a month. When I was due back, Sacha was a week into a 2 week trip to Ibiza with her kids and mum. It was 5 weeks in total that we hadn't seen each other.
    I let the beard grow.
    When i picked them up at the airport….. Sacha: “Don’t even THINK about kissing me with that on your face!” 👌👌
    Yeah, missed you too, honey!
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Ok you fucking fucks. Time for the next project.

I need to fence in our backyard so we can let the dog out by himself. I put up a wire fence across the back of the lot where there is an easment and drainage ditch. I put in a gate so that I can outside of it to keep the area cleaned and trimmed.

I am going to put a 4 foot picket fence on each side of the house. I didn't want to put up a privacy fence because I like to watch what is going on as the neighbors walk by and I didn't want to be that closed off. Contrary to forum belief, I don't chase people off of my lawn.

I got the posts set on one side of the house yesterday. It was a pain in the ass because there is a sewage lift station in the back corner of our lot and the underground electrical and sewar lines seem to be everywhere and the lot is full roots. big and small.

I spent about $300 yesterday. I should be able to do this, (minus the post cap lights and stain) for about $500 total

thumbnail_IMG_4133.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4134.jpg

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• If i was your neighbour (thats neighbor for Jaadam) and you built a 4 foot picket fence around your entire house…….. i’d play “Little House on the Prairie” music every time I walked by.
        Pretty sure you’d chase me down the street with a chainsaw within a week.

Seriously though……. Great stuff. 👌 Much better than sitting about doing feck all.

You going to set up all your brewing gear in the new house?
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

. Contrary to forum belief, I don't chase people off of my lawn.

On your next trip to.home.depot, you might want to pick up some top soil and grass seed if you want to seem that a lawn.

Comment

• Does CGVT stand for continuously grinding variable transmission?
            "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
              If i was your neighbour (thats neighbor for Jaadam) and you built a 4 foot picket fence around your entire house…….. i’d play “Little House on the Prairie” music every time I walked by.
              Pretty sure you’d chase me down the street with a chainsaw within a week.

Seriously though……. Great stuff. 👌 Much better than sitting about doing feck all.

You going to set up all your brewing gear in the new house?
              No. I got rid of most of it. I can't drink beer and keep my weight down any more. I did keep enough stuff to make some wine. I may do that after I get some of these projects done.

Took the day off yesterday. The cable guy had to come by and fix our cable and internet after a lightening strike. Had to buy a new fucking TV, too. Damn

Got some work done today. I have to get some more lumber and the hardware for the gate to funish this side of the house tomorrow.

thumbnail_IMG_4144.jpg
              thumbnail_IMG_4145.jpg
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Do you plan to keep all of the trees back there?
                #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                  Do you plan to keep all of the trees back there?
                  Yes, the canopy is part of the island's allure. We are trying to do our part to preserve the feel, but I fear that we are fighting a losing battle to greed and development. *sigh*

I am slowly removing some of the Azaleas. Over the years thay had taken over the yard, both front and back.

We'll have to get a tree service to come and remove the dead wood and anything else that is a threat to the house and I have a couple of pine trees that need to come down, but other than that we don't plan on cutting anything. There are a couple of pines that are probably pushing 200 years old. The biggest is on the county right of way, the other is in our yard. I sure hope those great big bastards don't come down in a storm...

BTW, the fence project is dog driven. We wanted to get the backyard fenced in so Boone could run. Of course he'll probably just lay in the shade... I put a wire fence in along the back of the lot about a month ago.
                  When I get the fence on this side done, I have to put one in on the other side of the house. That one should be simpler, though. It's shorter, there are no angles and I am going to buld a smaller gate, plus I'll have the experience of builing this fence, so I shouldn't make too many mistakes.

Boone should have free rein over the backyard by this weekend.
                  Last edited by CGVT; June 29, 2022, 11:24 AM.

Comment

• Lucky Boone!

The canopy has a distinctive southern look to it.
                    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Got the first fence done today. I built a 6 foot gate, but when I got it all together, I realized that it was way too heavy so I took off the pickets and cut into two seperate doors. It came out better than I expected. I had to make a Lowe's run for more lumber and hinges for the other door, but I think it was worth it. I am pretty happy with the results. Now I have to put the fence up on the other side of the house

​ .

Comment

• Pics or it didn't happen.
                        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                          ......I had to make a Lowe's run for more lumber and hinges......
                          Really hope you are like me when having to make an unexpected trip back to the suppliers........., hit a hamburger van for cheeseburger & coffees?

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post
                            Pics or it didn't happen.
                            I don't know where the pics wenr

thumbnail_IMG_4146.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_4147.jpg

Comment

• Looks great!!
                              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Between rainstorms yesterday, I almost finished fencing the back yard. I have to finish the gate today and will be done with it until I stain it after the pressure treated wood dries out.

We let Boone out to check it out. He was a little confused at first, but seems to approve.

Comment

Working...
                                X