• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take after their mother, apparently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
      Take after their mother, apparently.
      I’m sensing trouble in the household …… daughter writes fantastic songs, really very good, Will kicking a$$ on the axe playing in front of a fairly decent sounding crowd………

……but, Jack’s gunning for ya…….
      ”You got me on film fixing a shed roof, dad?

"I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post

I’m sensing trouble in the household …… daughter writes fantastic songs, really very good, Will kicking a$$ on the axe playing in front of a fairly decent sounding crowd………

……but, Jack’s gunning for ya…….
        ”You got me on film fixing a shed roof, dad?
        Maybe you're on to something. Jack knocked a 2x6 off the roof on me and almost broke my collar bone.

Hmmmmmnnnnnn
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I heard a weird sound yesterday in my kitchen. Had me looking (sniffing) for a gas leak because it sounded like a barely audible hiss or vibration. I followed the sound as best I could, ended up deciding it was just a bit of a whistle from the wind coming down the vent over the stove. OK, no biggee.

Got home from work today, and heard a much louder version. What... the.... Fuuuuuggggg????

Behind the wall next to the stove is a little closet / maintenance room that opens from a door on the outside - where inside water was shooting out of my water heater in a giant stream. I saw about an inch long slit in a metal pipe coming out of the top of the tank that has rusted through.

Well, I guess my projects for this weekend have now been replaced with a new one. Rusty parts LOVE not coming apart without breaking. Yeah RIght.

If it comes down to having to replace it, probably gotta go tankless, right? Never had one before - but prices are really not too bad after looking around a little bit.

Fuck these fucking fucks.
          Last edited by dpatnod; September 30, 2022, 08:21 PM.
          Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Ugh!! Did the leaking water do much damage?
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

• I guess I'll find out tomorrow. Didn't want to dive in for a swim today.
              Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                I heard a weird sound yesterday in my kitchen. Had me looking (sniffing) for a gas leak because it sounded like a barely audible hiss or vibration. I followed the sound as best I could, ended up deciding it was just a bit of a whistle from the wind coming down the vent over the stove. OK, no biggee.

Got home from work today, and heard a much louder version. What... the.... Fuuuuuggggg????

Behind the wall next to the stove is a little closet / maintenance room that opens from a door on the outside - where inside water was shooting out of my water heater in a giant stream. I saw about an inch long slit in a metal pipe coming out of the top of the tank that has rusted through.

Well, I guess my projects for this weekend have now been replaced with a new one. Rusty parts LOVE not coming apart without breaking. Yeah RIght.

If it comes down to having to replace it, probably gotta go tankless, right? Never had one before - but prices are really not too bad after looking around a little bit.

Fuck these fucking fucks.
                Wow Just saw this. Did you get it taken care of? I'd have just gone with another tank. Last time I looked at tankless didn't have good reviews , but that was quite a while ago
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Spent most of today on it. As it turns out, the pipe coming out of the top has a short 3/4 inch iron pipe, that connects to a plastic adapter. The top of the plastic adapter has a compression fitting that connects to a 1/2 inch pvc pipe from there. The kind of compression fitting with a little ring that gets compressed between two parts (ferule?). The plastic adapter is the piece that was broken, cracked about halfway around it. So taking it apart was easy. Went to three stores to find a replacement adapter - and of course found nothing close anywhere. Nothing even available with a compression fitting. Gathered some parts that should work (I think), but is going to involve some solvent glue-ing on the pvc end instead of a pressure fitting. By the time I got home there was no daylight left. Hopefully a quick fix tomorrow when the sun is up. Hopefully I don't just find another leak somewhere else.

Still, definitely been reading reviews on tankless units lately, as it is on my radar that a replacement is probably in the near future. Definitely some brands are not reviewed well. Seems like Rinnai ​ units are well liked. No decision yet, but will definitely be doing some research. Hopefully can wait till after winter for this fucking fuck.
                  Lions Fans.

Comment

• Could you use sharkbite fittings? Might have to replace the pipe at the heater.

Comment

• Maybe. The pvc is only like 4 feet, then pex from there, like the rest of the house. Just trying to keep it simple for now. And avoid trying to remove the short iron pipe that comes out of the top of the tank. It is super rusty. Probably replace all of it from the pex forward when replacing the unit.

This fucking fuck.

IMG_20221002_213703325.jpg

IMG_20221002_213151035.jpg
                      Last edited by dpatnod; October 2, 2022, 08:41 PM.
                      Lions Fans.

Comment

• Shit. A pipe wrench, some PB Blaster and a little heat and the cast iron will break free. That stuff is easier to work with than I thought.

Comment

• I am just afraid it would fuck up the part of the tank it is threaded into. Fuck up those threads, or strip the fitting inside the tank and it is game over. This thing has got to be 20 years old. I just want take a fucking shower tomorrow, and fill up the dog's water bowl without it being a whole process. Two shutoffs before the water heater in the incoming pipe, and both kill the cold water as well as the heater supply.
                          Last edited by dpatnod; October 2, 2022, 08:48 PM.
                          Lions Fans.

Comment

• So..... (that was just for you Marko69)

I think I had an acid flashback tonight.

I was watching the start of the Sunday night game and the captions came on my screen in Spanish. I was listening to the audio and reading the captions and it occurs to me that I know what the Spanish writing means. Holy shit! I spontaneously learned Spanish!

It took a few seconds for me to realize that I couldn't understand Spanish, Mike Tirico was speaking English over the Spanish captions.

Comment

• Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU
                              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Eye Caromba!!!!!!!!

es lo que es.​
                                Lions Fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X