No announcement yet.

Fuck these Fucking Fucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chop it down and count the rings to know for sure how old it is.
    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• OK, you fucking fucks.

I put the laundry room/water heater project on hold and decided (since the tree that was in the way is gone now) to build the lean-to potting shed. It is basically going to be a deck built onto the side of the shed with a roof. I'll add some cabinets and shelves when I get it done.

I got the corner poles set and built the floor framing today.

BTW, lumber prices have really come down since I built the main shed. Those 8' 2 X 4s that cost 8 bucks last summer are now down to about $4. I paid less for 10' pressure treated 2 X 6s today than the regular boards then.

I plan on finishing the deck tomorrow.

thumbnail_IMG_4483.jpg

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• So.... you're building a shed, onto the side of your shed? Definitely not a bigger shed.
        Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
          So.... you're building a shed, onto the side of your shed? Definitely not a bigger shed.
          No he's building a deck with a roof for his shed. He's a high class hillbilly.
          "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
            So.... you're building a shed, onto the side of your shed? Definitely not a bigger shed.
            Exactly. To build a bigger shed I'd need a permit. Ha!
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Hey you fucking fucks! I know you have been waiting for an update.😉

Progress.

I dreaded getting up on the damn roof to finish the shed, but finally got after it Sunday. Got the roof done and stained the white trim and posts. Need to pressure wash the deck, stain it and build the shelves. Should be done this week.

342509665_1907596396255961_7567215143133872484_n.jpg 339991631_6755818114432368_5451585568851535146_n.jpg

Comment

• When are you putting in the green pool?

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  When are you putting in the green pool?
                  Ha! No more pools for me. Those fuckers are bigger money pits than a boat and more damn work.

Comment

• That's weak sauce, you have already built the shed to install the tiki bar. Put the green pool in and be legend.

Comment

• What’s going on with that building on the other side of the fence?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                        What’s going on with that building on the other side of the fence?
                        The neighbors put a mother-in-law house in about 10-15 years ago. It doesn't seem to get much, if any, use. This island is basically river delta/swamp with really rich soil. It rains a lot and the humidity is usually high and shit just fucking grows. If you don't take care of stuff, the island reclaims it pretty fast.
                        That fence was covered with vines and poison ivy (ask me how I know...) I cleaned it up last fall, but it will be a battle to keep it clean over the summer.

Comment

• So thankful that the weed factory neighbor moved and the new people cleared the lot including all the poison ivy that kept getting in our yard. I still have to pull some (fully gloved past my elbows) but nowhere near as bad as it used to be..

Comment

• where are you living these days, CGVT?
                            "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Originally posted by kayrone View Post
                              where are you living these days, CGVT?
                              When our youngest went off to college, we sold our house in Spanish Fort AL and moved back to Saint Simons Island GA. We bought a house here about 15 years ago and my mother-in-law owned two. She passed away last year and left the two houses to my wife. We live in one of them and rent out the other two. I have had to do about 25 years of deferred maintenance on the two houses. I got one done and rented it out and am slowly plugging away at the one we live in. Somewhere upthread there are some pictures of the work on the house at East Beach as I was doing it...

Our tenant is moving out of the house nearest the beach on the 30th. Want to move to "The Island" as the locals call it?

This is the house that is a block from the beach after I got it finished about a year ago.

Comment

• nice!

my youngest is a junior in high school, so I'm stuck in Indiana for at least another year. I really have no idea what life will have in store after she goes off to college, but beach life sounds awfully appealing...
                                "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

Working...
                                X