No announcement yet.

2021 draft thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shit, i forgot that Barmore is still on the board. I really like those athletic DTs that can rush the QB.

Pick’em up!!!
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I view this as a foundation draft - and the selection of Sewell to me suggests Decker's days are numbered in Honolulu Blue.
      FTR, I have no issues with any pick or any trade they make this year. This is a new regime, which is working under a different way of thinking of how to build a team. All I want to see is that vision - reflected in the picks they make in 2021 and 2022.

Comment

• Decker is a good LT and that's nothing to sneeze at but Sewell has a chance to be unf'ing believable. Sewell won the Outland @ 19 years old and was a unanimous all American. He's also 20 years old while Decker will be 28 when the season starts. I don't know the escalators if we trade him but Decker will have a decent amount of trade value if we an move on from him as well after the season.

Decker, Ragnow, Sewell and Jackson. This OL could be one of the best in the NFL. When the F was the last time you could say something like that?
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• We also can't discount the Goff factor here either. Goff is actually a pretty good QB when he gets time to throw the ball but he's less than amazing when he's under pressure. This makes him a much better player and that OL will be sick for opening up holes for Swift.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I haven't been this happy with a pick since Suh or Stafford. This is unbelievable.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
              The Bengals are just flat stupid to have passed on Sewell. They had a layup no brainer pick and screwed it up. I think Waddle might be better than Chase, anyways
              You're ignoring the fact the Bengals are going into next season with starting tackles Williams and Rieff that allowed only 3 and 1 sack all season respectively. It's just not a need, WR is.

Throw in the size factor of Chase vs Waddle with both being elite athletes and Chase's ceiling is simply higher. Small wr's can have huge value for sure but it's just a fact he'll comparatively disappear in the red zone.

Comment

• The Lions have been awful at player development. For as much talk as there is about them not drafting well in the later rounds, there hasn’t been anybody worth a damn who could improve those players.

It’s interesting how the draft is always laid at the feet of the GM. That’s logical for the first couple of rounds - nobody was coaching Tavai into a good pick - but the coaching staff has a lot of responsibility for the overall success of a draft class.

Comment

• Originally posted by JGSpartan View Post

You're ignoring the fact the Bengals are going into next season with starting tackles Williams and Rieff that allowed only 3 and 1 sack all season respectively. It's just not a need, WR is.

Throw in the size factor of Chase vs Waddle with both being elite athletes and Chase's ceiling is simply higher. Small wr's can have huge value for sure but it's just a fact he'll comparatively disappear in the red zone.
                  I was more overlooking it. You make good points. I think Burrow getting hurt, plus the rarity of Sewell, the mass of WRs etc made my choice ... but at least they did still get a great player
                  WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Congratulations to the Lions for a great choice last night. Sewell should be an All Pro for years to come. You can't pass on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruce Johnson View Post
                      Congratulations to the Lions for a great choice last night. Sewell should be an All Pro for years to come. You can't pass on that.
                      I love the pick and unfortunately I really liked what Minny did as well. Darrisaw is a solid OL. Actually the whole NFC Black and Blue did well. Sewell, Fields, Darrisaw and GB further pissed down its own leg making Erin Rogers even more upset by not giving him weapons.

Good for you GB!
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• The Lions selected Mc Neil and the Eagles obviously were sniped. They selected a different defensive tackle on the next pick, but check out how disappointed they were. https://twitter.com/ByADiBona/status...372159492?s=20

Comment

• Barnes’s bio makes him sound like a LB for use in passing downs but his highlights made him seem like a physical guy who would be more adept at stopping the run.

Comment

• The #Lions with four consecutive elite #RAS players in the draft so far. Definitely here for what they're doing. (Kent Lee Platte on Twitter)

Comment

• I've never seen such a shit show of names from a draft class.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• The list is complete!

Round 1: Pick 7 - Penei Sewell OL, OREG
                                Round 2: Pick 41 - Levi Onwuzurike DL, WASH
                                Round 3: Pick 72 - Alim McNeill DL, NCST
                                Round 3: Pick 101 - Ifeatu Melifonwu CB, CUSE
                                Round 4: Pick 112 - Amon-Ra St. Brown WR, USC
                                Round 4: Pick 113 - Derrick Barnes LB, PURDUE
                                Round 7: Pick 257 - Jermar Jefferson RB, OREGST
                                Dogs rule.

Comment

Working...