2021 draft thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocked Cade Johnson wasn't drafted.

Lions are apparently signing WR Sage Surratt from Wake Forest. #3 player available on ESPN Draft Cast. (Lions news/ draft related).
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft/bestavailable

AAL 2018 & 2019 - Teez Tabor

Comment

• Lions 2021 UDFA signings

LB Tavante Beckett, Marshall (source)
      CB AJ Parker, Kansas State (source)
      WR Jonathan Adams Jr., Arkansas State (source)
      WR Sage Surratt, Wake Forest (source)
      TE Brock Wright, Notre Dame (source)
      DB D’Angelo Amos, Virginia (source)
      RB Dedrick Mills, Nebraska (source)
      C Drake Jackson, Kentucky (source)
      RB Rakeem Boyd, Arkansas (source)
      CB Jerry Jacobs, Arkansas (source)

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2021/...s-udfa-tracker
      WasUKBB

Comment

• UDFA tracker: Lions sign 3 big receivers, guarantee Notre Dame’s Javon McKinley $100,000 in search of perimeter help

​​​
        McKinley was a hot-shot recruit coming out of Centennial High School in Corona, Calif., and considered one of the marquee players of Notre Dame’s 2016 class. He was actually ranked 58 spots higher than classmate Chase Claypool, who just had a great rookie season in Pittsburgh. But McKinley’s career went the other way, derailed by injuries.

He broke his fibula as a true freshman, then redshirted the following year as he tried to get healthy. He returned in 2018, but did not play that year because of more injuries. He finally saw the field in 2019, but caught just 11 passes before going down with another injury.

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2021/05/...GIIQErGDgVXaRQ
        WasUKBB

Comment

• For those curious, the 2021 draft class for the #Lions was, in fact, tied for the most players they've ever drafted with a #RAS over 8 in any class in the last 35 years. Tied with 2019 with five players (Hock, Johnson, Harris, Oruwariye, Fulgham).

(Kent Lee Platte on Twitter)

For those of you in Rio Linda, RAS stands for relative athletic score. The players drafted by the Lions were particularly athletic for their size and position this time.

Comment

• Lions 2021 UDFA signings

RB Rakeem Boyd, Arkansas (source) RB Dedrick Mills, Nebraska (source)
            WR Jonathan Adams Jr., Arkansas State (source)
            WR Javon McKinley, Notre Dame (source) (reported $100,000 guaranteed)
            WR Sage Surratt, Wake Forest (source)
            TE Brock Wright, Notre Dame (source)
            TE Jake Hausmann, Ohio State (source)
            G Tommy Kraemer, Notre Dame (source)
            C Drake Jackson, Kentucky (source)
            LB Tavante Beckett, Marshall (source)
            DB D’Angelo Amos, Virginia (source)
            CB Jerry Jacobs, Arkansas (source)
            CB AJ Parker, Kansas State (source) (reported $35,000 guaranteed)
            WasUKBB

Comment

• WR Javon McKinley, Notre Dame (source) (reported $100,000 guaranteed)

Is he a TE? Watch @ 0:49. Definitely a guy that DC will like.
              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Fields to Chicago is a big concern for me. I like our class, I don’t like that we passed on a QB who I loved coming into it and they fell right into the lap of our divisional rival - one that shouldn’t be allowed good QB’s.

Let’s hope he is a bust - though I wouldn’t bet on it. The pressure will be on if he looks good when we do come to draft one.

Comment

• Notre Dame WR Javon McKinley Burns Syracuse For 3 TDs

The second was on a (now) teammate

Sage Surratt

From the Senior Bowl week, Sage is a good route runner and catches well. Not the fstest WR but he has functional speed.
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• McKinley is only 6’2” 215, not really a frame to grow to a TE. Definitely has some ability but dude looks really slow when not going in a straight line. Still, big and physical with some ball skills. I don’t quite understand the $100k they gave him.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
                      Fields to Chicago is a big concern for me. I like our class, I don’t like that we passed on a QB who I loved coming into it and they fell right into the lap of our divisional rival - one that shouldn’t be allowed good QB’s.

Let’s hope he is a bust - though I wouldn’t bet on it. The pressure will be on if he looks good when we do come to draft one.
                      Then they backed it up with a 1st round (by most pre-draft reports) LT that may be a pro-bowl talent himself. A broken clock is right twice a day and this weekend Pace had his days. He capitalized when he needed the most.

We will have to deal with this.

But, it is what it is now.

Comment

• I thought this draft was going to be deeper than it was. It felt like the falloff was substantial outside of the first round. Even with the deep WR draft class, once Moore was selected I didn’t really like anyone else. Maybe Terrace Marshall but he also had those flags

I’m also still not sure what we have in our DT’s. This was supposed to be a very weak DT class but the highlights that I saw were really nice.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
                          Fields to Chicago is a big concern for me. I like our class, I don’t like that we passed on a QB who I loved coming into it and they fell right into the lap of our divisional rival - one that shouldn’t be allowed good QB’s.

Yeah I wish he would have went anywhere but Chicago. Then again maybe he’s going to shit the bed or everyone wouldn’t have passed on him.

I think I’m the most curious to see how Mac Jones does in NE. You know San Fran has to be a little nervous with that one. BB jumping on who they wanted to draft could end up biting them
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                            I thought this draft was going to be deeper than it was. It felt like the falloff was substantial outside of the first round. Even with the deep WR draft class, once Moore was selected I didn’t really like anyone else. Maybe Terrace Marshall but he also had those flags

I’m also still not sure what we have in our DT’s. This was supposed to be a very weak DT class but the highlights that I saw were really nice.
                            This draft was deep, really deep, in OT. Starting OTs were taken in the third round. But we blew that at the beginning, so we were fighting upstream the whole draft. DT was not a good position to be drafting for but we managed to get the best (IMHO) of a bad bunch @ #41.
                            IDK much about Alim, but I hope he is good. Philly certainly thought so.

Lastly, as I stated before, this will be at least a 2 year rebuild with the third year (hopefully) going over the top. Next year we are currently slated to having 9 picks, with 5 in the first 3 rounds. So next year will be more critical then this year. Hopefully, we don't have to spend multiple picks for what we could have gotten now. Time will tell. Go Lions!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                              McKinley is only 6’2” 215, not really a frame to grow to a TE. Definitely has some ability but dude looks really slow when not going in a straight line. Still, big and physical with some ball skills. I don’t quite understand the $100k they gave him.
                              Chump change.
                              WasUKBB

Comment

• Originally posted by edindetroit View Post

Chump change.
                                Not to him probably haha
                                WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

Working...
                                X