2021 draft thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

Yeah I wish he would have went anywhere but Chicago. Then again maybe he’s going to shit the bed or everyone wouldn’t have passed on him.

I think I’m the most curious to see how Mac Jones does in NE. You know San Fran has to be a little nervous with that one. BB jumping on who they wanted to draft could end up biting them
    Minnesota were tracking him apparently and thought they had him. That would’ve been even worse. Cook, Thielen, Jefferson and Fields.

Comment

• Gotta be honest. Knowing the little that I know, I would've taken Fields at 7. When you look at the arm strength, athleticism, and results ... whoa.

However ... if Holmes wasn't sure about him, Sewell was the no brainer choice
      WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Lions spent a lot to sign Beau and Hunter Bryant as UDFAs, right? Both of them were on the Lions roster at some point for what it's worth (hardly anything).
        My best friend is a Notre Dame fan and had positive things to say about McKinley. Potential to be an "ok pro." Also kind of cool that the Lions have become a hot spot for Notre Dame players in recent years.
        AAL 2018 & 2019 - Teez Tabor

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
          Gotta be honest. Knowing the little that I know, I would've taken Fields at 7. When you look at the arm strength, athleticism, and results ... whoa.

However ... if Holmes wasn't sure about him, Sewell was the no brainer choice
          Based on Holmes’ comments to Dave Birkett, sounds like the QB they would have strongly considered (I’d assume beyond Lawrence and probably Wilson) at 7 was Trey Lance. Beyond that, it seems like they felt that there was a gap between Lance and Fields. To me anyway, bottom line, if they had Sewell rated ahead of Fields, why reach for the guy you don’t feel as strongly about? Trust your draft board and evaluations. And who knows, maybe they actually do have some level of belief that Goff has the ability to be a quality starter for them for more than just a year or two.

Comment

• I read the undrafted OL we got from Kentucky gave up ONE QB hit in three years. I guess he's on the small side at about 290, but that could payoff in the longrun.

Comment

• Ya, passing on Fields sucks for sure, but flip a coin between him and Sewell. I'm not mad at it at all.

One guy could be a HOF caliber OT and the other is most likely a Dak clone, but with better wheels.

Comment

• I think you have more than enough ammunition to go get a QB if Goff struggles. With the quality of offensive line we are gonna have barring injuries you are gonna know why the offense is bad if it is. You'll be able to look at the tape and see if guys are open and he isn't seeing them or if receivers aren't getting open. You'll have a good idea what you have with him year one.

Might not be able to move up to 1 for whoever the consensus #1 guy is but we weren't in position to draft that way in the first place, we were getting 4th choice and he was still a franchise potential guy. Next year should be another good year for QB's barring regression from those already considered first rounders. There's likely to be 1-2 guys that blow up onto the scene too.

Comment

• Next year should have even more out of nowhere guys flash. So many teams barely played and some didn't play at all this past season. We really need to be grinding tape next year from the jump.

I took a look at a few mocks and it seems there are about 5 QB who could stand out, and then the stud DE from Oregon, and CB Stingley from LSU.

Comment

• Comment

• Well, now that makes more sense - combine that with some teams being skittish about his size and that explains a 1 round drop.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                        Next year should have even more out of nowhere guys flash. So many teams barely played and some didn't play at all this past season. We really need to be grinding tape next year from the jump.

I took a look at a few mocks and it seems there are about 5 QB who could stand out, and then the stud DE from Oregon, and CB Stingley from LSU.
                        JT Daniels at UGA is starting to look like the obvious candidate for a big year and possible (probable?) ascent to #1.

Comment

• Originally posted by JGSpartan View Post
                          I think you have more than enough ammunition to go get a QB if Goff struggles. With the quality of offensive line we are gonna have barring injuries you are gonna know why the offense is bad if it is. You'll be able to look at the tape and see if guys are open and he isn't seeing them or if receivers aren't getting open. You'll have a good idea what you have with him year one.

Might not be able to move up to 1 for whoever the consensus #1 guy is but we weren't in position to draft that way in the first place, we were getting 4th choice and he was still a franchise potential guy. Next year should be another good year for QB's barring regression from those already considered first rounders. There's likely to be 1-2 guys that blow up onto the scene too.
                          But see... That's the crux of illogical to me. Instead of spending 1 1st rd pick, you spend multiple in the future? Naw, 1 or nothing. Or the Sewell pick basically amounts to 2 1sts.
                          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                            Next year should have even more out of nowhere guys flash. So many teams barely played and some didn't play at all this past season. We really need to be grinding tape next year from the jump.

I don't really think next year will be a good year to be drafting a QB. At best, 2023 may be where you hope (The LOCKED IN STONE- DETROIT LIONS YEARLY PLAN!) the Rams get old or fall apart.

The only guy that looks like he would have had a chance to go in the first this year is the NC QB. But he would have went after Jones. None of them are of the talent of this year. This year was an unicorn for QBs.
                            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• My thing is now, be ALL IN on the OL-rushing thing. If we can't just maul teams, keeping throwing 1sts at it. We're 3 in at the moment. Why not a couple more. It HAS to work. Doesn't it?

Comment

• 2021 NFL Draft - Why the Slide?

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame

Comment

Working...
                                X