2021 draft thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    During the season Herbert fell because he had a thoroughly unimpressive season. He may been have been mocked preseason but he fell during the year because of that and climbed during the silly season. You may now apologize to me.
    Not gonna apologize, cuz ur first post made it appear as if Herbert came from nowhere ... this quote here from you is correct tho
    WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
      I think you’re thinking of his junior year, which was a drop off and likely led to him staying for his senior year. Herbert’s senior year was statistically his best season by far - 3,500 yards, 32 TDs, 6 INTs, 67% completion. He was up and down, he wouldn’t look at all like a top pick and then go on a tear, which was the biggest complaint with him.

Edit: And his team was 12-2
      No, after Herbert's junior year, he was being mocked #1 overall. He came back as a senior and dropped, then did raise back some in combine etc

Comment

• https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/10/17/mo...york-giants-qb

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/galle...d-projections/

Look at these mocks from even before the 2018 season ... Herbert just decided not to enter the draft

Comment

• It is weird.looking back because Main is right he had a really impressive statistical year, Oregon had an early loss but ended up having a good year but during the season Herbert's stock dropped.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            It is weird.looking back because Main is right he had a really impressive statistical year, Oregon had an early loss but ended up having a good year but during the season Herbert's stock dropped.
            Yeah I think he was criticized for never playing under center and alleged accuracy issues ... but many suspected that Oregon's offense held him back. Looks like that was correct

Comment

• Originally posted by BJK View Post

Matt Rhule couldn’t hide how much he liked coaching Mac Jones at the Senior Bowl. Barring them trading for Darnold, I’d now be surprised if Mac Jones got passed Carolina.
              Here's a question. Baker Mayfield was the first pick in the draft no? How does Mac Jones compare athletically to Baker? They look similar when I saw them both play.
              Forever One!

Comment

• Herbert may have gone #1 or high in 2019 because that draft was a terrible class for QBs - that was the Murray draft and nobody expected him to go at the top of the draft mid season. Haskins was the #2 guy who also came out of nowhere.

The are 2 reasons he wasn’t as highly thought of the following year - Burrow and Tua. Those guys were historically great college players. There was nobody like that in the 2019 draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post

If the Lions make another deal with NE I think I'm going to puke. 🤢
                  The Lions could get a pretty good haul moving from 7 to 15. Why would that make anyone puke? If one of the 5 QB's is still available after the Dolphins select Jamarr Chase, then I don't care who they trade with, just make the trade.
                  Forever One!

Comment

• Man... very tempting to think about the Lions drafting Andre Cisco, S, Syracuse on day 2. There's a lot to like and question about Cisco.
                    Cisco is one of the more talented safeties in this class. Has the most career interceptions in the draft class with 13. Inconsistent in coverage and diagnosing the best route to tackle the ball carrier. I like the idea of the Lions taking talented DBs and coaching them up because of Aaron Glenn and Aubrey Pleasant.
                    PFF has Cisco as the 59th rated prospect. Tore his ACL to end his 2020 season.

AAL 2018 & 2019 - Teez Tabor

Comment

• I’m a big fan of Richie Grant, the safety out of UCF. He might be there in the 2nd, and he’d be worth it. The kid can do it all. He’ll be a day 1 starter in the NFL.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post

The Lions could get a pretty good haul moving from 7 to 15. Why would that make anyone puke? If one of the 5 QB's is still available after the Dolphins select Jamarr Chase, then I don't care who they trade with, just make the trade.
                          That was meant as like the Rambuc era - just tired of dealing with NE. Their players, their coaches, their staff, draft day trades with NE, the whole "Patriot way" - just move on already. Just need a season to let that filth be rinsed off.

Comment

• Maybe we'd get to negotiate the trade with Patricia since Belichick is letting him recruit and negotiate in FA. We can even throw in Tavai to sweeten the pot for an extra 2nd rounder.

Comment

• With Chase testing the way he has, and with Burrow reportedly lobbying the Bengals for him, I’m wondering if the foregone conclusion that Cincy will take an OT (Sewell?) at 5 isn’t so foregone? Maybe Sewell lasts to 7?

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X