Hobbies/ Interests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobbies/ Interests

Hey i dunno if there's already a thread like this ... but wasn't sure so hey why not.

Anyways ... started this thread cuz I wasn't sure where to put this. I've started to get into trail hiking a little bit, and it's opened my eyes on the types of shoes that are out there, not just for trails, but even just walking or running. Like, I hadn't ever heard of Hoka One One, but as soon as I walked in a pair ... most other shoe brands are ruined in my eyes.

Wanted to ask a question tho ... anybody else ever had a situation like this ... i found a great pair of waterproof running shoes (tough to find cuz i have wide feet) ... everything was great except for absolutely no reason (and multiple pairs to make sure) it felt like there was a little pebble size bump in the left midfoot of the left insole (of course there wasn't ... it just felt that way). Never had that feeling before in any other shoe. It was ideal otherwise (this is the shoe):

https://www.newbalance.ca/en_ca/pd/f...V10-31111.html

Must have just been the match with my feet. Oh well

PS i guess everyone has different tastes ... but Hoka's are great. New Balance are pretty good too. Probably more versatile of course ... but Hoka really is its own thing
    Last edited by Forsh; November 2, 2020, 10:13 PM.
    WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

My wife and I like to hike and have been discovering new paths in Hines Park to explore. Sadly my wife is sidelined for a while dealing with plantar fasciitis.
    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by UKBB View Post
      My wife and I like to hike and have been discovering new paths in Hines Park to explore. Sadly my wife is sidelined for a while dealing with plantar fasciitis.
      Sorry to hear that, but hope it gets better soon

Comment

I'm a music junkie. I play several instruments, build stringed instruments.
        Detroit Lions: Where futility is a lifestyle choice.

Comment

Originally posted by gibby View Post
          That's cool. Great to be able to create

Comment

The best camping and fishing often require some hiking. That's 3 hobbies/interests.

*Bear spray and big side arm recommended.
            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
              The best camping and fishing often require some hiking. That's 3 hobbies/interests.

*Bear spray and big side arm recommended.
              Did you file the front sight off of you gun?
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

I had a pair of Vans about 10 years ago and I could feel a ridge on the sole of my left foot. Kept feeling like my sock had a crease in it, eventually it disappeared . Totally forgot about it until I bought another pair of Vansearlier this year, exactly the same!!?
                AAL Quintez Cephus
                If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

Originally posted by DeanUK View Post
                  I had a pair of Vans about 10 years ago and I could feel a ridge on the sole of my left foot. Kept feeling like my sock had a crease in it, eventually it disappeared . Totally forgot about it until I bought another pair of Vansearlier this year, exactly the same!!?
                  VANS originated and were manufactured in Anaheim, CA (Orange County) that many proudly wore as part of the local beach/surf/skate culture. Myself included. That all ended the moment they moved their manufacturing to China. I never bought my kid any despite her wish list because of that fact.

Continued #DeathToChina

Btw Dean, were you aware of and a fan of Chris Spielman, LB, Detroit Lions?

Comment

Originally posted by gibby View Post
                    I like string cheese. You sound very talented. 👍

Comment

Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                      I'm fighting this now. Damn it hurts. I'm blaming working from home since March and being in bare feet the entire time. I bought some supportive slippers from Vionic Shoes and they provide instant relief. But as soon as I go barefoot or wear another brand of shoe, I'm in pain again.
                      #birdsarentreal

Comment

Wife andI are going to take up golf in spring, she never played I had a four handicap in college but haven’t played but twice a year for past 30 years. I shoot pistol competition and practice three times a week and rifle once a week. Busy boy
                        If you keep shootin, you can turn any piece of meat into burger

Comment

Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post

I'm fighting this now. Damn it hurts. I'm blaming working from home since March and being in bare feet the entire time. I bought some supportive slippers from Vionic Shoes and they provide instant relief. But as soon as I go barefoot or wear another brand of shoe, I'm in pain again.
                          I heard Hoka shoes are supposed to be good for PF, but of course each case is different. Might take getting used to cuz they're low drop

Comment

Originally posted by THE STEE View Post
                            Wife andI are going to take up golf in spring, she never played I had a four handicap in college but haven’t played but twice a year for past 30 years. I shoot pistol competition and practice three times a week and rifle once a week. Busy boy
                            yeah that's good stuff. Golf is great if u have the time and $$

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post

Btw Dean, were you aware of and a fan of Chris Spielman, LB, Detroit Lions?
                              Only since he stopped playing, seriously there was about 2 minutes coverage most weeks. It's only since the early Yahoo days of live coverage that I was able to follow the Lions better. First season was with Kitna at QB.

I had PF a couple of years ago caused by wearing cheap work boots.
                              AAL Quintez Cephus
                              If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

Working...
                              X