Announcement

Collapse

Please use the Forum's Amazon Link this Holiday Season

As you shop this holiday season, please remember to use the forum's Amazon.com link (listed in the menu as "Amazon Link") to add items to your cart and purchase them. The forum gets a small commission from every item sold.

Additionally, the forum gets a "bounty" for various offers at Amazon.com. For instance, if you sign up for a 30 day free trial of Amazon Prime, the forum will earn $3. Same if you buy a Prime membership for someone else as a gift! Purchasing an Audible membership will earn the forum a few bucks. And creating an Amazon Business account will send a $15 commission our way.

If you have an Amazon Echo, you need a free trial of Amazon Music!! We will earn $3 and it's free to you!

Your personal information is completely private, I only get a list of items that were ordered/shipped via the link, no names or locations or anything. This does not cost you anything extra and it helps pays the operating costs of this forum which continue to go up as our commissions have gone down. Stay safe and well and thank you for your participation in the Forum and for your support!! --Deborah

Here is the link:
Click here to shop at Amazon.com
See more
See less

Jared Goff shits unicorns and rainbows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stafford didn’t want to go there apparently.

Fields and Sewell would’ve turbo charged this team as well as leaving the Bears in QB purgatory.

I wanted Fields over Sewell anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
      I think the miss in hindsight was not trading Stafford to Carolina. Fields looks like a better prospect than I expect to get with any of the Rams return. Hopefully Sewell turns out better than Slater, but they could've had Sewell and Fields
      They could have swung Goff (after the MS trade) and some other picks to Carolina (I still would take Goff over Darnold) for their pick and had Fields, Sewell and those other 1sts. They would have probably had to give them that 3rd (that became Melifonwu) and probably a future second. That would have been a really good set of trades for us.

Unfortunately or fortunately (I guess Goff could make this all moot) *Holmes seems to like Goff a lot.

*I wonder about this though. Does Holmes really believe in Goff? Or did he have to sell Goff to Sheila and the Fords to trade Stafford. We all know they love to hang on to players they think will be HOF level players. How did he convince them to trade MS if it were not "softening" the blow based on getting Goff and a series of picks?

If that is true he couldn't turn right around and trade Goff after telling them he could get the job done.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
        I think the miss in hindsight was not trading Stafford to Carolina. Fields looks like a better prospect than I expect to get with any of the Rams return. Hopefully Sewell turns out better than Slater, but they could've had Sewell and Fields
        Yeah that sure seems like it could have been a HR
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I think it's probably best to wait until the games actually matter before we start talking about Fields being a "home run."

But I'll agree with Future in that it's my worry; that Holmes is too personally invested in Goff to be able to make a rational assessment of his ability.

Comment

• Yeah I can see you guys' point about Holmes and Goff, for sure
            WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
              I think it's probably best to wait until the games actually matter before we start talking about Fields being a "home run."

But I'll agree with Future in that it's my worry; that Holmes is too personally invested in Goff to be able to make a rational assessment of his ability.
              Yeah. The other half of that is that he's been looking at Sewell for 3 years and wishing he could get him with the LAR. We all saw how exuberant he was to actually get him. In the press conference after, you could almost see (once a reporter asked him about why they didn't draft Fields) the realization that this was going to be something that he and the Lions were going to have to answer for if Goff/Sewell aren't up to par.

And I am not anti-Sewell. From everything I have seen from him, he is good and will probably be a HOF player.

My issue is, did we NEED a HOF Right Tackle? Would a Pro-Bowl level (2nd rd) Tackle be able to block his assignment? In that case you could argue is Sewell/Levi Onwuzurike better value then Fields and one of Liam Eichenberg, Walker Little, Jackson Carman, Samuel Cosmi, etc...
              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                Yes, this is also my worry. However, so far I haven't seen any damning actions that show a desperate attempt to prop up Goff short term in expense of long term.

Comment

• Yeah. It's just one possible storyline that could get interesting or a big nothing burger.

Comment

• As much as I like Sewell I am in agreement that the logic wasn't there in drafting him to switch him to right tackle ... at least not if Fields was believed to have great talent. Drafting a guy 7th overall to somewhat change positions is weird. If they know he'll be a blindside protector in the future, or if they didn't believe Fields was elite, that's different

Comment

• Also, I will say that any analysis of Sewell at this point is kind of rubbish. That switch from LT to RT must seem so backwards to him, at least in pass pro.

Comment

• Fields is the same guy he was in college. Elite QB. Total stud. He is going to be a monster.

Comment

• I want o be so wrong about this

Comment

• Maybe next week, he will be a monster. Not today.

But Goff was pretty good today.

Comment

• Goff has been... okay. He hasn't excited. He hasn't really stunk.

Here's hoping the issue really is just a lack of weapons. Because I need to see more than Captain Checkdown before I buy in.

Comment

• He needs to lift his teammates up the way Rams QBs do.

Comment

Working...
                                X